Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 7:35:33 PM EDT
In light of Pauls thread I started to think and reminice of my life in CA. I still have my home and heart in CA. Sure we have gun bans. Sure our govt. sucks. Sure the high cost of living sucks however, that can be offset by the high salaries paid as well. Cops can make up to 80K a year in some areas.

1) We have the best weather in the country
2) Best and one of the largest economy in the US
3) The scenery is to die for. We have it all. Deserts, Mountains, rivers, rural, urban, farmlands(where the US get most of its vegetable) and lets not forget the beaches and oceans.

I miss:

In and Out burgers
Great Restaurants, special Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Seafood, and Indian food.
The beaches of Mission, Newport and Huntington.
Rollerblading on said beaches.
Meeting women on said beaches.
Nite life that does not end @ 1:00AM. People actually start going out around 8PM here in TX. Weird. I'm not used to going out till 11:00 or so.
I miss El Pollo Loco
I miss my friends and family.
I miss my old routine and my old job.

Ah well, enough of that.... Guess I'll go to the Big Town gunshow tomorrow and see if I could pick up that Tec9 or SAR1 I've always wanted.

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to live in Califorina before the first ban.  These are the things I miss alot of:

Randy's doughnuts
Earthquakes
Rollercoasters
Cycling on the beach
El Pollo Loco
In and Out burgers
The State lottery (there goes my chances of winning it all.)
The drive-by shootings
Being harrased by the local fuzz
Watching the airplanes coming into LAX in the fog
TJs across the border
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey I almost forgot about those Tiajuana trips for my X-Mas shopping. Man if you have gone there within the past 2yrs that place has changed A LOT!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on back!!!

Get your old job back.

Keep your Texas ID and buy as much good stuff as you can afford. Store it out of state of course, we wouldn't want to violate any laws now would we?

Keep your out of state ID as long as possible so you can go back and acquire what you need and want.

CA is really a great place, except for the stupid gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By operator error:
CA is really a great place, except for the stupid gun laws.
View Quote

Agreed!!! As far as coming back. I will give it till the end of Sept. when my apartment lease is up. If I do not find another job by then I will be coming home. At least I know that there are plenty of jobs in my field in CA.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey LT,i'll have an In-n-Out burger for you today.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell LT  I'd watch out about mentioning being "Proud" in Calif.

I thought there are a lot there already claiming to be proud.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm proud of where I come from not proud of what its become.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Tommy`s Burgers
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tommy`s Burgers
View Quote

also good fries.

Tommies has the seasoned fries, good.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a 4x4 burger at in n out today it was good.also made it to captians earlier this week
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah, that Tommy Burger cramp.  Love those things.

I love my house and where it is and the weather there and the closeness of both the beach and the mountains.  Just all those damn liberals.  And it is getting worse every day with our sucky educational system.  

As much as I love where I live I will move someday.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Good schools you say? Try the schools on So. Orange County, CA Saddleback Valley School District has some of the highest test scores in the country.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
C'mon back, LT. We'll lay out a spread at the beach for ya, finest wines to be served by the girls of Baywatch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The headshrink Dr. would call all of this "rationalizing".
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I am surprised that more of you Californias do not become part year residents in another state.  That way you can buy guns while in that state and you can register to vote there too so you won't waste your vote in California.  If I were living there I would become a part-year resident of either Oregon, Nevada, or Arizona.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top