Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2001 7:19:26 PM EDT
I bought my first AR15 today.
I have been lusting after one in a pawn shop for the past 3 months, so when my birthday came around I bought it.
It is a preban Colt AR15, serial number CMH003589.
It had a 20 inch barrel and an A2 stock.
I just put on a Colt 4 position stock and a 16 inch upper with a flash suppressor and a bayonnet mount on it.
It is a 1/7 twist barrel.
I saved for 3 months to buy it, I talked the owner of the shop down to $1500. He threw in a couple of USA 40 round mags with it.
I am looking for ammo to buy, I plan on having fun!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
LUCKY YOU!!! Do you want just spam or spam spam spam spam baked beans spam?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I know I'm going to regret this but wtf.as you are probably already aware the above serial is post ban not pre ban.as for the usa mags.oh why am I even wasting my time.mmk
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By madman kirk:
I know I'm going to regret this but wtf.as you are probably already aware the above serial is post ban not pre ban.as for the usa mags.oh why am I even wasting my time.mmk
View Quote

It is a little *weird* that he did state the serial number.. and all of it at that.

(If you're thinking it's me, haha, no it's not)
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
[NI] [NI] [NI] [NI]

BTW, when are the beta's shipping C.O. ????
[BD]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By madman kirk:
View Quote
First, spam man, you should never post your entire serial number on any open, public forum.  You need to edit your post and turn the last 3 digits into X's.

Second, madman kirk may be right.  If so, you got ripped off and the man sold you a rifle in an illegal configuration.  Some will say that the preban/postban thing is unconstitutional and they are right, but you have to deal with what is.

First thing Monday, call Colt and check that serial number for postban vs. preban.  If they say postban, get the name of the person at Colt that you talk to and beatfeet back to that pawn shop and get your money back and give him back the rifle.  You don't want it if the ser num is postban.  You don't need the aggravation.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand what you mean by USA mags?
The place where I bout the AR15 from told me that they are the same mags that they use in the Army, that is why they are marked USA.
I didn't know about not posting the entire serial number, how do I make it so it's not there?
Why would you think I was ripped off? The place where I bought it from told me it was a preban, and they sold me the parts to make it look cool.
The only bad part about it was I had to give up my parts in a trade for parts and cash.
Can nayone help me out?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I SMELL TROLL !!!!!!
any bets on which species ??
possibly McTroll or Captain Troll.....
[x]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The military never used 40 rounders.  USA is a company well known for producing crappy magazines.

You should have read a little more about ARs before making the purchase.  Also, you can access pre-ban serial numbers through a little bit of internet research.  Talking to Colt about the weapon would be a good idea too.  By the by, it is post-ban.  But talk to Colt anyway.

To change your post there is a button that looks like a little page with a pencil that when covered by the cursor says "Edit."  Click it and take out your serial number.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
I SMELL TROLL !!!!!!
any bets on which species ??
possibly McTroll or Captain Troll.....
[x]
View Quote
You may be right.  Boy, did I get suckered in.  Try to be nice and you get trolled.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Capt O you never came to mind on this one.even you wouldn't be so foolish to post this crap in the FA forum.not this soon after last night away.mmk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top