Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2001 3:29:28 PM EDT
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a677b910813.htm

Well I am so confused at this point in my life. I am 37 years old and I have strived so hard and so long to do what is right and what is legal. I did NOT ever use an illegal drug, nor did I drink prior to the legal age, which by the way was 18 way back when, nor have I ever used a weapon of any kind against another human being, except in defense of myself.

My parents instilled in me a respect for property and people. They taught me that education was the way to becoming a better person. I took that to heart and became a lawyer. Sometimes today I am ashamed of my profession, but then I am ashamed of most professions today, including doctors, police and especially politicians. Isn’t it funny that today, politicians are considered a profession. When in the past people went into politics as a calling to serve their fellow man, and then returned to their private lives, today there is no public service because being a politician is no longer a calling but a career. I have never willfully broken a law, my wife even gets mad at me for not speeding. She tells me that I am old fashion in my opinions and my attitudes and to tell you the truth I am proud of being old fashion.

I am proud of my education, my parents and my two children. I am proud that I have never used and illegal drug. I am proud that I don’t drink to excess and only drink responsibly at my home. I am proud of my country, yes even today. I am proud to be an American and I love to hear the star spangled banner. I still cry when I say the pledge of allegiance. When I see my country’s colors, my throat tightens and I get a warm feeling in my chest. Yes I am proud to old fashion.

I have been shooting since I was 12 years old, when my father gave me my first BB gun. A Daisy Spitting Image that looked just like a Winchester Model 1893 lever action. I was so proud of that gun. My father and I spent many happy hours shooting tin cans and learning to respect guns and use them properly.

I am old fashion when I believe that people are responsible for their actions. I believe that everyone has the right to freedom and free speech and I hold dearly ......

Yours forever in Liberty and Freedom

Judge Blackhawk

Link Posted: 1/19/2001 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Praise the baby Jeebus!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Neel before him.

(getting closer)
Link Posted: 1/19/2001 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I am afraid that people like Chuck Schumer, Diane Fienstein etc, would vehemently disagree with you.  "Criminals have guns, therefore people with guns are criminals."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top