Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 8:12:30 AM EDT
Off to the range with the SKS and some rounds. Hoping that the home stock bedding will have cut down from the 4" groups I was getting before.
Guess what? It didn't.
What made it crappy?
I was still having fun shooting, and a guy and son show up. I am down range, and see him messing with his rifle, when I come back I tell him to leave the guns alone while folks are downrange. He says the bolt was out (open) so it was okay.
Then he sends his kid downrange to set up a target, and scopes the kid.
Then, while I am shooting a string, I come off the sights and glance over and see assmaster-1 and his dumbass seed passing the 50 yard marker on their way downrange.
I packed up my crap, stuffed it all in the back of the jeep, and headed to the club snack shop to turn this dufuss in.
I didn't even head over to the pistol range, cause the morning was spoiled.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried American Eagle, Norinco softpoint, and ammoman's current russian special. I just can't get under 4" 6-shot groups. W
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Circle groups. Some in the middle, some out as far as 4 inches. If I shot 30 or so at the same target, I would expect to see a cluster ending 4" out.
This is off a front and rear bag. Both bags are under the stock.
(I do know how to shoot iron sights, my M1s, with the right load, will go one MOA fairly easily.)
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top