Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2001 6:30:33 AM EDT
Well, I knew the family and I had too much fun at CampyBob's Bulletfest 2001 last weekend as on our way home we ran into a couple of severe thunderstorms and when I got home the cable modem was on the fritz. Spent the past week trying to get things back up and running but I'm back on a dial-up for right now. Sucks for sure as having the cable modem for the past year has me yearning for "... the need for speed"!

And for good measure, the computer boys at corporate have been real aggresive lately about web access and I knew it was a matter of time until I start seeing some sites being blocked, and yep.... for sure when I got back to work Thursday after vacation since last Friday my favorite gun boards sites are all blocked! Know I cant check in every once in a while during the day to see what's hapening. Bummer!

As always Campy put on one heck of a shoot for us again this year. I was at last years inaugural shoot and this one was at least 3 times larger. My wife came along this year since she didnt want to miss out on a great time the son and I had at last years. Needless to say she had one great weekend campying and shooting experience that she said is the highlight of the summer this year! She spent this past week on the phone talking to friends and family about the weekend and rubbed it in to her two brothers who failed to make it to the shoot! She's already said as soon as next years date is set-up she's going to be right there no matter what.

She did comment to say how all of the people she met and talked to, both at the campgrounds and the range were so friendly and unpretentious that she felt like she was part of one big family at a reunion! Thanks everyone for showing our true colors of all of us being part a brotherhood that cant be seperated by AK this or AR that. I have to say for myself that the comaderie at the campgrounds and at the range, for me, overshawdowed the shoot itself.

I had a great time meeting old friends and fellow board members from this past year and meeting some new people and board members who I have to now call friends, there are to many to list here but you all know who you are. The Friday night get-together when people showed up for some visitin' was a rockin and should be a part of the schedule for anybody thinking of going the Campy's bulletfests.

I was a great pleasure to hang out and talk with all of the Alvila's. Goatboy sure does have a great sense of humor that kept me in stiches all Saturday night. Just remember Goat, the wife and I will take you on in Uechre anywhere and anytime. Although you were a little handicapped by have Anti as you partner! [:D]

For anyone who has thought about attending one of Campy's Bulletfests but wasnt sure wether to go or not, get yer butt to at least one! We all sure would like to see you there.

I've rattled on long enough and I promised Goatboy that I will post more often so's he and anti know I'm still around and that the the MS has'nt put me down just yet!

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top