Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2001 10:07:05 PM EDT
damn it man i was getting excited about that sweat deal on a beta c then i kinda figured it wasnt true thu but still man that was just mean
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that might stick. Mean Jole Captain Obvious.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it should be Captian Oblivious.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
In away i'm glad it turned out just as a prank(abate a sad excuse of one)rather than an all out scam.I caught that post about five minute's after it went up and followed it to the end.what I find amazing is with all the warning signs,his first post,no return email,major hard luck story"blame it on the ex"and a deal you know is to good to be true.many and weren't not talking newbie's here were ready to send in their money.it is now so much clearer to me why some people do get ripped off.if this had been a real scam,it could have been a quick $10,000 easy.then poof he's gone with your money.mmk
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah if i had to send money to a po box or something i woulndt have sent it. plus id make sure i could get the money back ie use fraud protection service from my bank or something like that

oh yeah and for those that dont know what im talking about heres the thread

[url]ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=35520
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember the $5.00 20 rd USGI mags for sale?
To good to be true.
But it was for real!

What a reality check and what a jerk!
He will apologize and say he was drunk again.
We know him now for what he is [dracula]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top