Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:14:38 PM EDT
Mods: Please tack for reference. Without this information, grievous errors could occur, leaving the very future of our great Republic at stake. [shockshockhorrorhorror]

--------------------

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=795481&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

ABC News

Inquiry Finds Some Quran 'Mishandling'

Commander: Inquiry Finds Five Cases of Quran 'Mishandling' at Guantanamo Bay Prison

By ROBERT BURNS

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON May 26, 2005

[snip]

Eight of the 13 alleged incidents of Quran mishandling that Hood has looked into were not substantiated. Six involved guards who either accidentally touched a Quran or "touched it within the scope of his duties" or did not touch it at all. "We consider each of these incidents resolved," Hood said. The other two cases in which the allegation was not substantiated involved interrogators who either touched or "stood over" a Quran during an interrogation, Hood said. In one case not deemed to be mishandling, an interrogator placed two Qurans on a television. In the other case, which Hood did not describe fully, a Quran was not touched and Hood said the interrogator's unspecified "action" was accidental.

"We've also identified 15 incidents where detainees mishandled or inappropriately treated the Quran, one of which was, of course, the specific example of a detainee who ripped pages out of their own Quran," he said.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]

We're never going to win this war.

Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, since I would never defile myself by touching that "book", then I guess I'm in the clear on any war crimes charges.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
what in the fuck? because they touched them? goddamn it. send me a bunch of Korans. I'll show you what desecration is!

I'll take a knife to it and tear it up.

I'll piss on it.

Then I'll burn the motherfucker.

This is the biggest pile of political correctness bullshit I have EVER seen.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Alternate Reality - PC 1943 - Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain investigating the torture of Nazi Prisoners

Eight of the 13 alleged incidents of Mein Kampf mishandling that Hood has looked into were not substantiated. Six involved guards who either accidentally touched a Mein Kampf or "touched it within the scope of his duties" or did not touch it at all. "We consider each of these incidents resolved," Hood said. The other two cases in which the allegation was not substantiated involved interrogators who either touched or "stood over" a Mein Kampf during an interrogation, Hood said. In one case not deemed to be mishandling, an interrogator placed two Mein Kampfs on a television. In the other case, which Hood did not describe fully, a Mein Kampf was not touched and Hood said the interrogator's unspecified "action" was accidental.

"We've also identified 15 incidents where detainees mishandled or inappropriately treated the Mein Kampf, one of which was, of course, the specific example of a detainee who ripped pages out of their own Mein Kampf," he said.

One must make sure not to offend the Nazi (Islamist).  Yes, they have expressed their desire to rid the world of every Jew in widely broadcast speeches, but all beliefs are equally valid, and we must not offend those who hold alternate views.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow.. just.. wow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Gimme a friggin break.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what in the fuck? because they touched them? goddamn it. send me a bunch of Korans. I'll show you what desecration is!

I'll take a knife to it and tear it up.

I'll piss on it.

Then I'll burn the motherfucker.

This is the biggest pile of political correctness bullshit I have EVER seen.  

Relax grasshopper, if it rains this weekend, I'll be at the bookstore picking up a few copies.

See ya Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This is unbelievable.... It's a fucking book for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!

Touch it??????
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you think people would freak out and kill each other here if some camel jockey "defiled" the Bible? What kind of religion places such faith in an object? Isn't it the actual teachings of the Koran that are supposed to be sacred?

I , for one, hold certain tangible things as sacred. The U.S. flag, the Bible, the Constitution, etc. But they are so much paper and cloth. When someone defiles them I get angry, but the defiler cannot destoy it's meaning.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Touch it??????

They're very touchy about that (ignore the pun).  They have a bunch of rules as to when you can touch it, where and how it has to be stored in the house, etc. etc. etc.

I say piss on it, shoot it full of holes, and burn it.  Oh...and send an MPEG to Al Jazeera, challenge them to come get me, and claim to be somebody I don't like!
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
They would shit all over themselves if I brought one to the range and put some good "ol Lake City M855 through it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I'll go buy me a copy of that there book and shoot it. Then I think I'll pee in the holes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They would shit all over themselves if I brought one to the range and put some good "ol Lake City M855 through it.

Make that M855 is the special variety, the kind with pig feces on it.  Browntips
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Just more fuel for the media to try and discredit the military and the White House with.  The media will make this out to tbe the same as Abu Gahrab.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think I'll go buy me a copy of that there book and shoot it. Then I think I'll pee in the holes.

+1.  I know what I am taking with me on my trip to the range
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I see an army of attorneys rushing into our nation's prisons to interview the hundreds of thousands of Muslim prisoners to see if any of them have witnessed any "Koran abuse" by any prison guards or workers.

Merely touching a Koran without gloves on is "mishandling" and now unacceptable.

Placing a Koran on a TV is considered "abusive".

Simply "standing over" the Koran is now grounds for an investigation and possible court martial?!??

This is THE most absurd notion of insanity that I have ever heard in any instance of warfare ever in history!

We are actually ENABLING these idiots to continue to view as "sacred" the very same book that they used to justify KILLING OUR TROOPS AND RAMMING JETLINERS INTO THE WTC!!!

Does anyone else see the absolutely insane irony here!??

THE MUSLIMS WE HAVE DETAINED THERE ARE THE SAME MUSLIMS THAT WERE USING THE KORAN TO JUSTIFY KILLING OUR TROOPS AND CUTTING THE HEADS OFF CIVILIANS - AND FOR THEM WE'RE TREATING THAT SAME KORAN WITH MORE RESPECT THAN OUR OWN AMERICAN FLAG OR OUR OWN CONSTITUTION OR OUR OWN BIBLE ANY OTHER INANIMATE OBJECT WE POSSESS!!!

We're actually PUNISHING our own sons in uniform who are being KILLED in the name of the Koran for "abusing" a fucking God-damn BOOK by simply putting it on top of a TV!???

Just WHAT in the FUCK is going on here!???

Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I see an army of attorneys rushing into our nation's prisons to interview the hundreds of thousands of Muslim prisoners to see if any of them have witnessed any "Koran abuse" by any prison guards or workers.

Merely touching a Koran without gloves on is "mishandling" and now unacceptable.

Placing a Koran on a TV is considered "abusive".

Simply "standing over" the Koran is now grounds for an investigation and possible court martial?!??

This is THE most absurd notion of insanity that I have ever heard in any instance of warfare ever in history!

We are actually ENABLING these idiots to continue to view as "sacred" the very same book that they used to justify KILLING OUR TROOPS AND RAMMING JETLINERS INTO THE WTC!!!

Does anyone else see the absolutely insane irony here!??

THE MUSLIMS WE HAVE DETAINED THERE ARE THE SAME MUSLIMS THAT WERE USING THE KORAN TO JUSTIFY KILLING OUR TROOPS AND CUTTING THE HEADS OFF CIVILIANS - AND FOR THEM WE'RE TREATING THAT SAME KORAN WITH MORE RESPECT THAN OUR OWN AMERICAN FLAG OR OUR OWN CONSTITUTION OR OUR OWN BIBLE ANY OTHER INANIMATE OBJECT WE POSSESS!!!

We're actually PUNISHING our own sons in uniform who are being KILLED in the name of the Koran for "abusing" a fucking God-damn BOOK by simply putting it on top of a TV!???

Just WHAT in the FUCK is going on here!???

Political Correctness.  It will be the death of our nation.  It has no bounds, is perpetuated by the media, and no one in a position of power has the balls or the ability to tell the media to STFU.  This is how the media is standing behind Newsweak.  Think about how they spoke to the White House press secretary when he "suggested" Newsweak do more in retracting the article.  The media is indignant and uses their broadcasting ability to sway the masses.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Frankly, I think any other usage for the muslim "good book" other than me wipin' my ass with it would be totally inappropriate. But then I'm a sensitive guy...
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm about speechless over this INSANITY!

I really don't have the words right now to express my utter confusion, anger, & frustration at this madness.

A United States Senator (a grown man BTW) literally whined & cried on the floor of the Senate today over the appointment of a beaucrat who's mortal sin is that he is a "mean spirited & insensitive" advocate for our nation.

My President verbally felated the leader of a known terrorist organization on the White House lawn today & then paid him hundreds of millions of dollars for the honor.

Now this.

I just don't know anymore, I just don't know...    

Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I really don't have the words right now to express my utter confusion, anger, & frustration at this madness.

A United States Senator (a grown man BTW) literally whined & cried on the floor of the Senate today over the appointment of a beaucrat who's mortal sin is that he is a "mean spirited & insensitive" advocate for our nation.

GWB verbally felated the leader of a known terrorist organization on the White House lawn today & then paid him hundreds of millions of dollars for the honor.

Now this.

The senator was a republican, wasn't he?
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

GWB verbally felated the leader of a known terrorist organization on the White House lawn today & then paid him hundreds of millions of dollars for the honor.

Abbas is the best chance of peace in the middle east/free palestinian state.  If there is someone better to lead the palis (at least from our perspective), I don't know of him.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't even use those pages to wipe my ass.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now this.

The senator was a republican, wasn't he?

Yes... Voinovich.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Touch it??????

They're very touchy about that (ignore the pun).  They have a bunch of rules as to when you can touch it, where and how it has to be stored in the house, etc. etc. etc.

I say piss on it, shoot it full of holes, and burn it.  Oh...and send an MPEG to Al Jazeera, challenge them to come get me, and claim to be somebody I don't like!

They're being held on a WESTERN prision/facility, so WESTERN RULES for you all... If you don't like it, tough luck, I can't believe people are actually investigating the handling of a fucking book!!!!

I can TRY to understand the mobs rioting for their holy book misshandling, but I just can not grasp the concept of a CIVILIZED country investigating allegations of "book misshandling"... It's just too fucking much...
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Some people just choose to focus on stupid inane fight because they don't want to be force to even think about the real world...
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Is a kuran with soft 'tissue paper' like pages available...........
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]
What confused me is that, while touching it seemed to be a desecration, NOT touching it was also listed as such.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I printed out some pages and lined the birdcages with them.

CW
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What confused me is that, while touching it seemed to be a desecration, NOT touching it was also listed as such.

Don't try to understand infidel... just convert or die.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#30]
That's pathetic.....I never though it would come to this.

Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't... (and of course, this applies to the whole macro scenario too)
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Just the fact that we EXIST is an "abomination" to allah according to them.

We are SO going to lose this war, bigtime.

Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Just the fact that we EXIST is an "abomination" to allah according to them.

We are SO going to lose this war, bigtime.

Frankly, I'm shocked that infidels are even allowed to be in the same room as a Koran. They might look at it cockeyed &/or disrepect it in their private thoughts.

Fuck it... let's all just buy our prayer rugs & get it the hell over with.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Well this could be resolved by simply taking the books away from the prisoners. Just like a parent take a favorite toy away from a child for mis-behaving.  You can have it back when we decide you can.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I just don't understand the big fuckin deal. The media throws a crying fit over a BOOK, when those assholes are BEHEADING, yea, thats right, removing head from shoulders, people over there.

How many people here like rollerblading?

I say we pull our troops out, and turn that entire fuckin area into a glass flat

-Storm
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

We're never going to win this war.

Nope, waste of time. Bomb them into submission or leave.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I want my local butcher to wrap my next order of pork chops and baby back ribs in that fucking islamic toilet paper book.  

You get better reading material in an issue of The Onion anyway...
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Unfortunately, we as Americans, are burdened with the stigma of "The good guys". The only problem with that is *WE* are the only ones who care. The rest of the world thinks we are shitbags anyway. I could care less what the world thinks of us. As for the stupid ass book, piss on it, shoot it, burn it. It's just a book, there are many more just like it I'm sure!
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump for the day crew.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I was pissed when hey said we can't use the Ammo that we purchased from Israel "because it will offend them", offend the enemy...does anyone else find that strange? I say we take that ammo, dip it in pig blood and then shoot the damn book.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Sooooooooo..................when I wipe my ass with it,do I use my left hand or my right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#43]
You can touch my Kuran if you let me touch yours....
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#44]
   They Burn our flag over and over,Chant death to America and then want a visa to enter our country to get educated. I just don't know what to think anymore. One side of me says hang in there troops I know you are doing good over there in Irag and we must all hang tough and see this thing through in Afganistan and Irag. I am very much aware of current events way before 9/11 but then  the other side of me says after I watch the evening news and watching the protests and flag burning. Ok, you want us gone,fine and FUCK YOU ASSBITE, GO BACK TO THE TALIBAN AND FOR YOU IRAG ONE FALSE MOVE AND YOUR COUNTRY IS FUCKING GLASS. NOW ALL TROOPS GET ON BOARD WE ARE GOING HOME!
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Is a kuran with soft 'tissue paper' like pages available...........

Yes they are…

I may pay the local bookstore a visit this weekend and indulge in a little 'Koran Abuse'…

I see it now, Vito goes to the Deli and buys a nice bacon bagel… (so, I'm eating a non-Kosher bagel… it happens!)

I then walk into Otakers bookstore and pick up a Koran and flick through it without washing my greasy hands…

Would this be the Ultimate 'Koran Abuse'… picked up and read by a Christian with Jewish Bread and Bacon Fat on his hands?

ANdy
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#47]
We are going to lose this war? We already did. Most of the world hates us, and the armies of Jihad will NEVER stop, they are growing daily, these are not rational people, they are of unsound minds and a cancer on the rest of the world. If we are violent to them they will retaliate by strapping bombs to themselves and running into grade schools to murder children, even there own if need be. If we show them tolerance and kindness they will hate us even more, this is all very frustrating. Then again we have nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i know it's a coc issue but wouldn't it be fun to have an official koran contest. members posting pics of  them with them if humorous situations.might be damn funny if those pics ended up geting emailed to someof the militant websites.

but of course we could never condone this.

Tere are some 'abused' Korans on this site… l

ANdy

www.moroinfo.com/quran.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
We are going to lose this war? We already did. Most of the world hates us, and the armies of Jihad will NEVER stop, they are growing daily, these are not rational people, they are of unsound minds and a cancer on the rest of the world. If we are violent to them they will retaliate by strapping bombs to themselves and running into grade schools to murder children, even there own if need be. If we show them tolerance and kindness they will hate us even more, this is all very frustrating. Then again we have nuclear weapons.

Does Post 1941 internment camps come to mind. Start blowing up grade schools and it will become a reality, TS
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I think we should simply take the comic book away from them and solve the problem. Screw all these mooslims. They will be real surprised when they find out the 70 virgins are really 70 demons that will torment them in hell forever.

These guys are a bunch of brainwashed, ignorant savages who have no idea of civilization and their founder was a sexual pervert who preyed on children.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top