Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 1:39:23 PM EDT
Went to walmart and finnaly bought a multitool. A Leatherman Kick. Yep, I like it. It's a great tool, very well made and nicely finished. Hopefully I will put it to good use.

Crap, the blade on this thing is much sharper than I though. Hmm, nice.h

Ben
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Went to walmart and finnaly bought a multitool. A Leatherman Kick. Yep, I like it. It's a great tool, very well made and nicely finished. Hopefully I will put it to good use.

Ben

Didn't Leatherman support John Kerry or something?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Yes he did.  When I found that out I threw mine away and bought a Gerber.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Yup.

Will never buy again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I bought, a Gerber.  Damn nice multi-tool.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Send that filthy Leatherman to me immediately and I will dispose of it properly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I was going to buy a letherman, but bought the SOG instead. No problems.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Feel free to kick me in the balls for this, but i still like Heinz ketchup... I mean, he ran for president and LOST.  who gives a shit who supported him.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have carried a Gerber for years.  Couldn't live without it.   Leatherman

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish I woulda known before hand. Otherwise I woulda bought the SOG. Looked nice, but 5 dollars more than the leatherman KICK.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh great. You stirred the shit pot now. You told Arfcom you bought a Leatherman.
Run, Run and hide. Someone will be along to see you shortly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have carried a Gerber for years.  Couldn't live without it.   Leatherman

Same here, many years and abused heavily.

Still ready to go.

Danny

P.S. My sheath recently gave up the ghost. I called the factory to buy another, complimentary sent PDQ with NO CHARGE!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have bought a Gerber. Used them everyday in AKaska for everything. Two had Gerbers two had Lmans. Gerber is better made.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#13]
The owner might be an a**hole but you can't beat a leatherman! Enjoy it buddy. Im on my third one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The owner might be an a**hole but you can't beat a leatherman! Enjoy it buddy. Im on my third one.

True, but I'm still on my original Gerber, it's over 10 years old. Mine is used/abused every day.

YMMV

Danny
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Tim Leatherman sucks.

Buy a Gerber next time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Been using Gerber's exclusively since I got my first one 12 or so years ago.

One handed extension/retraction is worth its weight in gold.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the Gerber.  You can't beat the one-handed opening.  Lifetime warranty, quality craftmanship... what's not to like.  I feel naked without mine, and it has proven its use over and over again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Feel free to kick me in the balls for this, but i still like Heinz ketchup... I mean, he ran for president and LOST.  who gives a shit who supported him.  

Its OK to like Heinz.  Heinz was a republican.  The company, while it donates to both parties as most coporations do for self preservation, they typically donate more than twice as much to republican candidates.

Theresa is an insane bitch who married into money and has no control over the company.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#19]
This is abused daily.

Gasket scraper, cotter pin puller, fuse puller, wire cutter/twister, welding wire cutter, battery terminal remover, nut turner, you name it, bring it on.

Do they even make these any more? What was this one called?

Danny.  The vdot mechanic

They are tough!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top