Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 12:54:46 PM EDT
Earlier today I had knee surgery to remove some scar tissue from an old football injury, and I was issued a prescription for some hydrocodone pain killer stuff, which, at this point seems to be helping.  As I was leaving, the lady at the desk said that since my health insurance didn’t cover prescription drugs (yeah, awful insurance, I know), that after getting my initial batch, I could order the rest online for a lot cheaper.

So I got online and found a number of places selling the hydrocodone for less than half the price of the ones I got at Walgreen’s, but there is no box asking for my prescription or anything.  This cannot be legal.  Is this some kind of DEA sting or something?  I suppose I should just get my refills at Walgreen’s, but if this Internet stuff is legit, I wouldn’t mind saving a few hundred bucks and not have to make the trip to the store, to boot.  Anyone know what the deal is?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If they don't require a prescription, I would say the transaction would be very illegal. I doubt they are legit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
a lot of those places are offshore/foreign pharmacies. The stuff they prescribe is similiar but sometimes more dangerous.
Sometimes times the postal inspector intercepts the package and you are SOL too. Goodluck.
I would use a legitimate mail order pharmacy that requires a faxed in or called in pharmacy from your doctor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top