Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2005 9:45:01 AM EDT

Any other Audioslave fans out there??

Going to get the album later today. If anyone already has it, what do ya think?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting... that song they released is teh suck.

LOVED their debut release though!

I'll have to hear more before I lay money out... 3 good tunes is my minimum...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Audioslave...but I don't think I'm going to buy the new album.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this a new bitch band?

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is this a new bitch band?

SGat1r5

No way Jose!

It's Chris Cornell of Soundgarden fronting Rage against the Machine... IMHO incorporating some of the best parts of both.

I'm a big Soundgarden fan and an occasional Rage fan. Audioslave's first album is well worth purchasing.

"Set it off" is an outstanding tune... and there are a lot of other solid songs on their first disc.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to buy that album and the Seether album when I got a chance.  I like what I've heard on the radio.

Bought the NIN album Saturday.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Chris Cornell should bitch slap that communist asshole Tom Morello and tell him to STFU and just play guitar. Other than that, I really like the music. I got their debut album and wasn't blown away, hopefully this one will be better. I'll be buying it soon.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Any other Audioslave fans out there??

Going to get the album later today. If anyone already has it, what do ya think?

Let me know if you like it or not. The first album rocks, but I'm not too sure about this new one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm a big Soundgarden fan and an occasional Rage fan. Audioslave's first album is well worth purchasing.

I loved Soundgarden but hated Rage. Rage was too politcal for me. Cornell took a shitty band and made it good!

And yes, the first album was perfect. I hope the second one is too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm not into that Rap stuff.

It's a good thing there's none of that on at least the first Audioslave album then!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm not into that Rap stuff.

He said Rap....

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Chris Cornell should bitch slap that communist asshole Tom Morello and tell him to STFU and just play guitar. Other than that, I really like the music. I got their debut album and wasn't blown away, hopefully this one will be better. I'll be buying it soon.

The reason I haven't bought either cd is because it would support that hypocritical idiot tom morello. If I can get one for free I'd listen to it.

BTW, the best thing about that band is chris cornell. If any fans haven't heard his solo album, run out and buy it now!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I loved Soundgarden but hated Rage. Rage was too politcal for me. Cornell took a shitty band and made it good!

And yes, the first album was perfect. I hope the second one is too.

I only liked a couple of Rage tunes. But I've dug everything I've heard by Soundgarden.

100% agreed about Cornell making Rage better!

I just gave a quick iTunes Music Store listen to the album. I will wind up picking this one up. From the previews I couldnt' tell if they had a power tune like "Gasoline" or "Set it off"... But it's still Chris Cornell.

/needs Soundgarden to reunite...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?

I don't listen to hip-hop!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought it and am through two listens now.  

If I don't like a record on the first listen, that's generally a sign that it will grow on me.

Through the second listen, I'm liking what I'm hearing.  

It's a different record than the first (not really any pyrotechnics like "Gasoline" or "Show me How to Live") but Cornell sings and growls and screams beautifully like always.  

I predict I will love most of it like the first record--two or three sonds on that record I skip over.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#18]

I love Rage (except fot the lyrics), and I like Cornell's voice, but I was underwhelmed with what I heard of the first Audioslave album.  None of the 5 or 6 songs that got airplay inspired me to make the purchase.  The music lacks energy.  They need to double the intensity level.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread has inspired me to listen to their first release.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

BTW, the best thing about that band is chris cornell. If any fans haven't heard his solo album, run out and buy it now!

+1... his solo was really good. Catch myself listening to it all the time.
Haven't bought any Audioslave stuff, but I do like what I hear on the radio, I may just have to pony up and get at least the first one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1... his solo was really good. Catch myself listening to it all the time.
Haven't bought any Audioslave stuff, but I do like what I hear on the radio, I may just have to pony up and get at least the first one.

You wont be dissapointed!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Audioslave sucks!

You have three liberal anarchists, who while were preeching against capitalism, democracy and the U.S. had their hands out taking the money from the country they bi*ch about.

Chris Cornell was good with Soundgarden but hasn't done anything good since then.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I won't buy  their album,Not after the played in cuba.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#25]
meh

RATM > Audioslave in terms of sheer musicianship...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Getting it tonight or tomorrow night or Friday night or Saturday.  Will have it by Sunday for sure.

My favorite band right now besides Nickleback.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

oh Nickleback... don't get me going....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Getting it tonight or tomorrow night or Friday night or Saturday.  Will have it by Sunday for sure.

If you dig both those bands you owe it to yourself to listen to the Alter Bridge stuff too if you haven't already.

It rocks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the first Audioslave CD ... I thought it was pretty good.  I'll have to check out the new one.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I loved Soundgarden but hated Rage. Rage was too politcal for me. Cornell took a shitty band and made it good! he

audioslave is great....as was soundgarden. never really cared for rage , though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#31]
eta:
looked at their site and wtf??...

I definitely don't listen to them for their political position
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Caught Audioslave two weeks ago in NYC. In addition to the Audioslave tunes, they strayed from the norm and played several old Soundgarden and Rage tunes. It was an absolutely awesome concert.  Picked up the new album as well as System's new one today.......WOW to both of them!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Tom Morello hasnt made a decent riff, or original solo since the first RATM album. And yes, I have been listening to them since then. Its the same old shit, every song. The same notes in a different pattern.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Tom Morello hasnt made a decent riff, or original solo since the first RATM album. And yes, I have been listening to them since then. Its the same old shit, every song.

I have to agree. While the songs from the audio slave cd's are pretty well written, I have to credit that to chris cornell who has a good ear as a songwriter. However, when it comes to the the guitar parts, it's the same old rage crap in a different wrapper.

I would have preferred cornell hook up with jerry cantrell from alice in chains who is a good guitarist and a really good songwriter. THAT would blow away audioslave without a doubt.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I would have preferred cornell hook up with jerry cantrell from alice in chains who is a good guitarist and a really good songwriter. THAT would blow away audioslave without a doubt.

Wouldn't that make an incredible combination. Gery Cantrell is a superb songwriter, the heart and soul behind AIC....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tom Morello hasnt made a decent riff, or original solo since the first RATM album. And yes, I have been listening to them since then. Its the same old shit, every song.

I have to agree. While the songs from the audio slave cd's are pretty well written, I have to credit that to chris cornell who has a good ear as a songwriter. However, when it comes to the the guitar parts, it's the same old rage crap in a different wrapper.

hell yeah!!! jerry cantrell and chris cornell would be awesome. chris is the only one who is worthy since layne is gone
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

None of the 5 or 6 songs that got airplay inspired me to make the purchase.  The music lacks energy.  They need to double the intensity level.

'Like a Stone' is one of the 5 best songs recorded in the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I just finished listening to "Out of Exile" and I do like it, but I don't think it is up to par with their self titled album.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh Nickleback... don't get me going....

Me no likey Nickleback. They sound just like every other rock band. But hey, I still like you!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
got one here (fan)

I'll be looking for it.

No hijack meant but Staind is supposed to drop one pretty soon...

I love Aaron Lewis! He sooooo cute. <drools>
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Caught Audioslave two weeks ago in NYC. In addition to the Audioslave tunes, they strayed from the norm and played several old Soundgarden and Rage tunes. It was an absolutely awesome concert.  Picked up the new album as well as System's new one today.......WOW to both of them!

Won't get SOAD for the same reasons in this thread:

apc

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Dam I miss Soundgarden.  Not a huge fan of Audioslave.

I'm going to have to listen to Badmotorfinger now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I won't buy  their album,Not after the played in cuba.

+1
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#44]
they are a bunch of anti-american cocksuckers

check out there website and forums.

worthless dicklicking commie bitches
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Getting it tonight or tomorrow night or Friday night or Saturday. Will have it by Sunday for sure sometime this week.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Who is?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is?

audioslave, someone showed me the first album, it linked to one of the bandmembers website, a discussion board, filled with anti american cocksuckers

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Very True!!!!  I loved the fist album and I like some of the stuff I heard thus far.
Pete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top