Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 9:03:35 PM EDT
www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_women_051905,00.html?ESRC=marine.nl

I kinda wonder how all the feminist groups feel about this issue.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_women_051905,00.html?ESRC=marine.nl

I kinda wonder how all the feminist groups feel about this issue.

well, they feel better now that they aren;t going into combat...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
IF, and only if they can pass the same tests that their male counterparts can.

-Storm
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

-Storm

So you voted for option #2?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

-Storm

Exactly, and that will never happen, so I voted no.  "Seperate but equal" is the rule of the day and historical precedent.  They want equal pay, but 6-9 months of light duty and a month off for popping out a kid, lower PT standards, and easier promotions, that's the feminist view of "equal".  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If a 120# woman can drag 265# guy, 100yds to behind cover while being shot at...

then sure, she can serve.

Or, if she carry the M240B machine gun plus ammo, plus everything else......or even a SAW for extended periods of time, then sure.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

-Storm

And can't get pregnant, and won't fuck her NCOs
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Storm

And can't get pregnant, and won't fuck her NCOs

IIRC, they are saying she is retarded now.  Why is Donald Rumsfeld hiring retarded people?  If I were a solider I would want to be damn sure the people that had my back weren’t retarded.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If a 120# woman can drag 265# guy, 100yds to behind cover while being shot at...

then sure, she can serve.

Or, if she carry the M240B machine gun plus ammo, plus everything else......or even a SAW for extended periods of time, then sure.

If a woman can physically do everything required by the job I think they should be allowed...but not today.  When I was in (and even now) combat jobs weren't open to women.  It was like a "boys club" in my platoon.  I can't imagine a woman operating effectively in it.  But I have no doubt they have the physical ability (some).  If they could slowly integrate them...over many years...while keeping the same standards for all (male/female) it could be done.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Make the PT test standards the same if they want equality.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

When I read that I heard it in the voice of Dale Gribble(sp).
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Exactly.  That would be one of the first steps.  But do they want to do that?  Or do they want have different standards as they do now?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
No. Not because they aren't capable, but because they tend to distract men, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I say Yes! I think it is time to get this shit over with, once and for all. Let 'em make all female units and send them into balls-to-the-wall combat. That way they can be responsible for each other, and their male counterparts don't have to worry about females watching their backs!

And when several hundred of them get slaughtered, and whatever else the enemy wants to do before killing them, let's hear what kind of excuses they can come up with then!

556mm
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm piqued by the bit about allowing reservists full access to the healthcare benefits. Sounds handy.

Now, if only they'll give us the same Space-A benefits.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top