Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 8:05:09 PM EDT
Now, this is a VERY small range. No partitions between shooting tables, old wooden benches. Only 100 yard rifle range. Even though it's out in the country, civilization is creeping closer. The county SO also uses the range for practice, qualifying, etc.

.50 BMG

The Board of Directors has taken the action of banning the firing of .50 BMG calibers due to the concern of concussion created on the firing line as well as the noise generated from this caliber. This ban also effects the Sheriffs department as well.

I added the red highlight
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Arnolds Orders
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If they don't have the equipment or the yards to accomadate it then I can see why.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually sounds about normal to me.  They don't have the, well range, to really use the weapon at the location anyway.  Long as nobody is no more equal I suppose.

That said, get yourself a .338 Lapua Magnum rifle and let fly.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]

bummer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Which range was it?

I went to the Spenceville range this weekend ad it was hoppin'.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm betting So County between Morgan Hill and San Jose.  

and a big WTF there isn't anything around that place.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Alot of the ranges I've been out in the Bay Area have had that rule for a while. Or at least one day a week you're allowed to shoot 50bmg. Then again most of the ranges ( actually, I think all of the ranges) I've been to didn't go past 100 yards.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm betting not, he lives closer to Sacramento than San Jose
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Arnolds Orders

Get bent, craphead.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I miss that range. I hate cali, but that range was nice.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I was getting bounced around a bit by the blast deflectors on the various AR, AKs and M1As last weekend while trying to bench my AR and check out the scope.  A 50 could just about cause everybody on a small range to be discommoded (Even the guys on the commode might get discommoded).  On a small range that's perfectly understandable.  Might be nice if they have 50 only days, or at least open days once in a while but on a busy range.  Hate to say it one guy shouldn't ruin it for all the others.

Could it also be a range safety and penetration  issue?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Arnolds Orders

Yea, Arnold orders and Arnold gets.

Pussies. Cant take a little .50  noise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top