Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:31:37 PM EDT

ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - Two off-duty state police officers have now spent time on the other side of the law.

The two were arrested after leaving a downtown Albuquerque bar early Sunday morning and having a run-in with on-duty Albuquerque police officers.

Officer Thomas Morrissey, a patrolman assigned the Gallup district, was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Officer Saul Canialis was arrested on a battery on a police officer charge. He is assigned to the Grants district.

Both officers have been placed on administrative duty until an internal investigation is conducted.

The Albuquerque police officers were on routine foot patrol when they heard someone yelling.

According to court records, Morrissey yelled expletives at them and said they were only city cops and he was a state cop. He allegedly resisted as they arrested him.

Court records say Canialis rushed an officer as Morrissey was arrested.

State police officers arrested after fight

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet blue on blue is so righteous!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Super Troopers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That'll teach them to chug maple syrup.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They get that sugar in them and get all antsy in the pantsy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They get that sugar in them and get all antsy in the pantsy.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Another fahitagate!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Dumbasses. All of them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - Two off-duty state police officers have now spent time on the other side of the law.

Officer Saul Canialis was arrested on a battery on a police officer charge.
Court records say Canialis rushed an officer as Morrissey was arrested.

At least he was shown professional courtesy. If Canialis was a regular citizen he would be dead.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the redneck capital of the United States.   They’re everywhere, police, politicians, judges, etc.  

This kind of behavior barely raises an eyebrow around here, it’s NOT unusual.  The Keystone cops
can’t hold a candle to the assinine behavior of more than a few NM LEOs.   And there is no real
punishment, so it continues,  ad infinitum.    I’ll bet all charges are dismissed, not even a letter in their personnel files.

It’s a funny story, unless you live under their control, then it’s just disturbing.   The only time I’ll ever call 911 is for them to clean up a crime scene, AFTER  I’ve had a TV news crew document it.

The LEO recruiting commercials on TV are notable for one thing, they boldly announce their new,
LOWER, acceptance standards.   Having a long criminal history isn’t an automatic deal breaker.   And these guys have guns, badges, and the whole justice system backing them up when they decide you have somehow crossed over a line.  

Most comical NM cop story in my book (so far) is the Albuquerque PD using a HELICOPTER for a
DONUT RUN.    Not kidding.    Put it down in a parking lot, walked in to a Krispy Kreme, ten
minutes later they left.       “Was that wrong?, cause if someone had told us it was wrong, we probably
wouldn’t have done it”...

ETA.  news flash.  One hour ago.    Albuquerque PD admit 13-yr veteran cop arrested for raping a 14 yr old girl.   DNA evidence confirms it.   yawn.   business as usual.

ETA.   news flash #2.    one day ago.    Sheriff's Dept use assault force to raid wrong house, got street address wrong.   http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=354945

If I didn't have a life, I could probably add about a hundred similar updates a year to this post.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
and only the police should have guns, right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how well tasers work on drunks?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I wonder how well tasers work on drunks?

Sobered me right up
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Hog tie 'em & string 'em up

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top