Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2001 11:10:58 AM EDT
IT WON'T FIT IN MY NEW KOLPIN GUN BOOT IV!!!!!!
I'm getting ready to go to the cabin for a week or riding, fishing, shooting, hunting, and screwing around.  I leave in 2hrs, and I just tried to fit it in my gun boot for my 4-wheeler, NO GO!  Now I'm gonna have to carry it in its case on my back, like I used to do with my Mini and M700's.
Oh well, I'm still excited!  I need a separate truck just for all the guns I'm taking.  This is heaven!  I'm not at home unless I'm at 9500ft with a rifle and my 4-wheeler!
guns762
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
wah
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think any of the current gun boots/scabbards on the market are big enough to take an AR, unfortunately. Most of the time, the claim is that they'll accept most shotguns and rifles with up to 50mm scopes, but the AR (and plenty of other service-type rifles) tend to be taller.

If you ever do find one that fits, let the rest of us know. Have fun at your cabin.

BTW, my main complaint with the AR is that it's so addictive! How'd that old potato chip commercial go? Bet you can't have just one! They got that right. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My Bushmaster AK Shorty fits, provided I take the clip out. I even have a scope on it.
[sniper]
Maybe a 10 round AR clip would fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top