User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:39:58 AM EDT
Two Men Arrested For Allegedly Shooting Into Officer's Home

POSTED: 10:53 a.m. EDT May 24, 2005
UPDATED: 11:22 a.m. EDT May 24, 2005

Story by wsoctv.com

MONROE, N.C. -- Humberto Lopez Perez and Misael Lopez Perez have been arrested for allegedly shooting into a Monroe police officer's home on May 3.

The officer whose home was shot had previously arrested one of the suspects charged in the shooting.

Monroe Police Department Chief Dennis McCrary said both suspects arrested are members of the Malditos gang.

According to police, one of the suspects was also arrested in an earlier investigation on drug charges, but there was not enough evidence to charge him with an offense.

The Perez brothers are both charged with Discharging Weapon into an Occupied Dwelling.

Police said Humberto Perez is being held without bond and Misael Perez is being held on a $500,000 bond in the Union County Jail.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be a long time before they see outside the wall again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard LEO houses in So. Cal get vandilized and shot up alot. Actually I saw it on that one LAPD show.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if there's any connection between the Malditos gang and MS-13?
Sounds exactlly like the sort of thing they'd do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard LEO houses in So. Cal get vandilized and shot up alot. Actually I saw it on that one LAPD show.

It's not that common.  Most local cops are smart enough to live outside their patrol area which really cuts down on that type of thing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Time for the cops to do a drive by.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It will be a long time before they see outside the wall again.

Not very long  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Time for the cops to do a drive byJDAM.

Fixed it for ya....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#9]
They Fu.ked up!!!  Shooting into a Police officers home, what morons.........No respect for life.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for ya....

Yeah, bombing the criminals worked real good in Philly, didn't it?

Edit to add:  WTF were those idiots thinking.....intentionally doing a drive-by at a cops house.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Humberto Lopez Perez and Misael Lopez Perez.......    
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Wonder how NC Judges feel about Mexican gang bangers shooting at cops.  I think those beaners are going to do some real hard time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for ya....

Yeah, bombing the criminals worked real good in Philly, didn't it?

So, do you base all your logic on the facts from one failure?
Remember, if at first you don't succede, try-try again......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe he was a JBT?   In that case, theres a large segment of ARFCOM that would support shooting at him.

HECK YEAH!!  He totally had this coming!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Edit to add:  WTF were those idiots thinking.....intentionally doing a drive-by at a cops house.....

Um, my guess they were thinking like the 'bangers criminals animals they are .....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Maybe he was a JBT?   In that case, theres a large segment of ARFCOM that would support shooting at him.

Very true.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think those beaners are going to do some real hard time.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Hope they like manlove.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]
From what we've seen around here, the Maldistos don't run with MS-13. Since the shooting hapened in Union County, they might get some time.  If it had occurred here, they'd be out with a PJC or community service.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought Malditos were stale Doritos. That's why I love this place. I learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think those beaners are going to do some real hard time.

Here we go again...

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#23]
mara salvatrucha is gay
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Unfortunately true, Lump...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not that common.  Most local cops are smart enough to live outside their patrol area which really cuts down on that type of thing.

That's called not shatting where you sleep...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice lumpy, I'm sure this cop's wife and kids are JBT too, I shit you not this site is getting more and more 12 year old asshats evrey day,
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if he were? What if he routinely doled out unjustified beatings, extorted pie, took graft, stole property, lied in court and in his reports, et c. et c. ? Are you saying that intimidating him would be a bad thing?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if he were? What if he routinely doled out unjustified beatings, extorted pie, took graft, stole property, lied in court and in his reports, et c. et c. ? Are you saying that intimidating him would be a bad thing?

Jesus Christ - this guy's house gets shot up and we're questioning him? This site gets a little more crazy each day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Wood chipper for them, feet first live on TV.

I am not bull shitting at all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus Christ - this guy's house gets shot up and we're questioning him? This site gets a little more crazy each day.

Actually, it's reading comprehension that's going wobbly. Nobody questioned the officer or his integrity. It was a hypothetical question inspired by a cynical hypothetical statement.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Both of those winners probably can't speak a word of English. They should drop them from 23,000 feet with no parachute back from where they came from.

+23,000

-Storm
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As opposed to living within a framework of civilization and laws and reporting him to the proper authorities?  Yes, that would be a bad thing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#34]
The Perez brothers are both charged with Discharging Weapon into an Occupied Dwelling

I am not going to ask if they are illegals.

But I am going to ask why they are not charged with Attempted Murder of a Police Officer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:55:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The Perez brothers are both charged with Discharging Weapon into an Occupied Dwelling

But I am going to ask why they are not charged with Attempted Murder of a Police Officer.

Because Discharging into a dwelling will be a slam dunk. It's a crime of commission, and all you have to do is show they shot into the house.  With Attempted Murder, that's a crime of intent and you would have to PROVE they  tried to kill him and not just retaliate.  Proving that intention would be a bear too many other possibilities.  Ask Flala1, about proving intent in many cases.  

Find a p/u bumper with  license plate chained to an ATM that didn't get pulled out, Intent to steal the ATM is easy, but what if they were a little lickered up and drove into the front of the StopNRob with the idea that they could then steal the ATM, and couldn't get it out, they could claim they just were drunk and drove in accidentally, and  could you prove that wrong?

Very few atempts to shoot up LEO houses in CA, most aren't local to the bad areas of big cities, and in the smaller areas, you know who the bad guys are and where to find them too easily.  Not all criminals are total rocks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:25:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Uh....stupid question...but what does it mean if he was JBT?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

No, I think if he was a JBT, they would have capped his dog.

You know...

in retaliation
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

OK, so we know Attempted Murder is harder to prove, why can they not be done for both?

Sadly if they only get the occupied dwelling, I assume that the sentence is a lot less? Pity.

For the noob: JBT = Jack Boot(ed) Thug - a Police officer who abuses his authority and treats his fellow citizens like subjects. c.f. bits of the British .gov

/PHil
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:51:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Uh....stupid question...but what does it mean if he was JBT?

To further add... this term was coined by our "helpful" friends at the National Rifle Association, in description of the events at Waco (may be right or wrong).  This gained notariety, because former President George H.W. Bush very publicly withdrew his life membership of the NRA over this statement.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Both of those winners probably can't speak a word of English. They should drop them from 23,000 feet with no parachute back from where they came from.

They should take them back to the border and launch them back home with a trebuchet. I would pay good money to see it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:20:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not the way to handle that, and makes YOU the criminal if you act in that fashion.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#43]
kindergarden graduation photo? I'm sure they are good people who are cursed by sterotypical physical features.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My IQ dropped 4 points after reading this...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But not unexpected.  After all, Arfcommers have stated they would target police families when "SHTF"

I'm curious about the charge though. If the dwelling was occupied in the first place,  why not go for straight up Att. Homicide?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But not unexpected.  After all, Arfcommers have stated they would target police families when "SHTF"

Well, that's two posters whose switches are set to AutoSnivel. Nobody questioned this officer's character or integrity.  

I'm curious about the charge though. If the dwelling was occupied in the first place,  why not go for straight up Att. Homicide?

As somebody said, in most places, shooting into an occupied dwelling is pretty nearly a strict liability offense, making the prosecution much simpler., Here it would be punishable by 15 years with a 10 yr mm, unless the D was a habitual offender, in which case it's 30 with a 10.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#48]
We all need to be informed of Citizenship Status of all criminals.  I bet these two are NOT US citizens.  Tack on a FEDERAL FIREARMS violation for good measure.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that's two posters whose switches are set to AutoSnivel. Nobody questioned this officer's character or integrity.  

As somebody said, in most places, shooting into an occupied dwelling is pretty nearly a strict liability offense, making the prosecution much simpler., Here it would be punishable by 15 years with a 10 yr mm, unless the D was a habitual offender, in which case it's 30 with a 10.

I'm not sure where the "auto snivel" setting on this laptop is,  perhaps you could show me since you are familiar with it?  I'm quite familiar with the "Nutcase Arfcommer" address book though.

Must be a difference in state laws.  They SPECIFICALLY targeted a certain individual,  DELIBERATELY fired into an occupied dwelling, PREPARED for the event, and ENGAGED in a conspiracy to commit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

on both of you.

Sgtar15
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top