Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 7:31:38 AM EDT
So, my friend calls me to tell me that his cat died over the weekend. He said that his wife threw the comforter in the dry and started it up. He asked her why it was making a thumping noise. She said she didn't know and they left it at that. Well, when she pulled the comforter out of the dryer and went to use it, they noticed it smelled a bit funny. So, his wife goes back to the dryer to see if she could find anything. Come to find out, the dryer had moved like 3 feet. So he goes down and looks it over. When he reaches inside into the rest of the clothes in the dryer, he feels a furry thing. Yep, you guessed it, it was the cat. Aparently, his wife would leave the dryer door open and the cat loved to jump into and sit on the warm clothes. Well, when she put the comforter in with the other clothes, she didn't look and missed the cat sitting in there. I asked him if he used a dryer sheet and he said yes. He couldn't help but, laugh, but felt really bad because his wife was balling her eyes out.

Anyways, thought I would share this.

Kris
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
thats sad

RIP to the little puss

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing funny about it.

I always hate it when I hear of an animal that dies because of it's owner's stupidity.

Poor thing.

SG
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Seams to happen often.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't see the funny part.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
At least they didn't leave a kid locked in a broiling hot car.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#6]
least he died soft and fluffy, kinda of a rough way to go though. They don't have kids do they?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Why would anyone let their cat crawl all over clean clothes? I don't get it they shed enough already and the cat hair get's all over everything. Yuck.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Years ago, my GF's stupid, drunken, drug-addled sister and her boyfriend pulled a similar stunt with their cat.  They couldn't figure out what all the weird noises coming from the dryer were until it was too late.  Sorry to hear about your bud's cat.  

My pet praying mantis Fred bought it in a tragic oven-preheating accident one fateful Super Bowl Sunday.  Seems he burnt his feet when he swooped down to have at the hot dogs that were frying in the electric skillet, and sought refuge in the oven.  (The door was open, and I guess he just flew in there).  Someone closed the door, to pre-heat the oven before we put the pizzas in.  Oops...we found Fred when we opened the door...a baked praying mantis is not a pretty sight.  His wake was legendary.   We'd had him since he was about an inch long.  

At the time of his death, he was about 7"...one big boy.  He would hang under the cupboards in the kitchen, upside down, watching our comings and goings.  He'd swivel his head back and forth, nothing else moved when he did this.  We'd feed him hamburger and other stuff.  Chicks would freak comletely out when they saw him.  "Did you know there's a giant bug in your kitchen"...we'd say, "oh, that's just Fred...he won't hurt you."  This is an absolutely true story.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate cats and I don't see the funny part.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Not funny at all.  

I always make sure I keep my dryer door closed when unattended, and I always look before putting stuff in.  I've heard of this happening, and I don't want to make the same mistake.  I would feel absolutely horrible if I did something like that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Bobwrench

+1, and another +1 to whoever said not to let animals crawl around on clean clothes.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Thursday May 12 I was getting ready to go jam with my band.
But the ol lady (wench) was trying to keep me from going because her birthday was the next day (Friday the 13th).
Well I got sick of her complaining about it and decided to leave early so I didn't have to hear about  it anymore.
So I hop in my truck (Dodge crew cab dually 4X4 with the Cummins) pullout the driveway and head down the street.  I felt a little bump as I neared the corner but didn't see anything.

I'm almost there and the nagging wench calls me screaming that I ran over her Black Cat and killed it, and the neighbors saw me do it.
I think the cat was inside the wheel well and tried to jump for it and didn't make it because it was way down the street.
Bitchin and callin me a black cat killer all day on her birthday Friday the 13th.
I think I'm getting the message that it time to leave her.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow! You guys aren't very thick skinned. I was an accident and there is nothing we can do about it now. A cat in a dryer is funny. The fact that he died is not, but lighten up. He didn't purposely put it in there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a cat and I know what I would feel like if I had caused his death.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Not funny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bobwrench

+1, and another +1 to whoever said not to let animals crawl around on clean clothes.....

Agreed on ALL counts....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I think it's fucking hilarious.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I like cats

I hate that the cat died this way

I see the humor in it

I am going to hell anyway
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#20]
well..kinda funny remark,,shitty way to go.. but  could be worse

one night i went and picked up a girl to see a  movie/date when her BF was at work
as we hop in my jeep to leave i crank  it up pop the e-break .  i hear this squeal(like a belt slipping) for 1 second,, then normal( i figure its cuz of the offroading i do or lower Powersteering),,anyway,,  i go to back up,,thinkin of hell ya im gonna tag  this chick,,, and she startes screamin like crazy im like WTF,,slamon the brakes and turn around( iw as backing out of the drive way) well mr fluffy had got stuckin the fan shroud and it looped his head off... needless to say  i didnt get any,
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I like hate cats

I hate that the cat died this way

I see the humor in it

I am going to hell anyway

Long way to go for a +1
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#22]
So many cats, so few recipes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thursday May 12 I was getting ready to go jam with my band.
But the ol lady (wench) was trying to keep me from going because her birthday was the next day (Friday the 13th).
Well I got sick of her complaining about it and decided to leave early so I didn't have to hear about  it anymore.
So I hop in my truck (Dodge crew cab dually 4X4 with the Cummins) pullout the driveway and head down the street.  I felt a little bump as I neared the corner but didn't see anything.

I'm almost there and the nagging wench calls me screaming that I ran over her Black Cat and killed it, and the neighbors saw me do it.
I think the cat was inside the wheel well and tried to jump for it and didn't make it because it was way down the street.
Bitchin and callin me a black cat killer all day on her birthday Friday the 13th.
I think I'm getting the message that it time to leave her.

Dump her.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
I think it's fucking hilarious.  

Me too!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
A cat in a dryer is funny.

Yeah, it's fucking hilarious.

SG
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Many, many moons ago, we had a cat that used to sleep in the dryer. Mom closed the door and gave him a spin one day. 2 thumps later she opened the door and he came out like a shot out of a cannon. He never slept in the dryer again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Many, many moons ago, we had a cat that used to sleep in the dryer. Mom closed the door and gave him a spin one day. 2 thumps later she opened the door and he came out like a shot out of a cannon. He never slept in the dryer again.

Do you not normally keep the dryer closed at your house?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Poor cat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Not funny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#30]
It would've been a funny story if the cat survived.

That stinks.  I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you not normally keep the dryer closed at your house?

Yes, I keep the dryer closed at my house.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Years ago, my GF's stupid, drunken, drug-addled sister and her boyfriend pulled a similar stunt with their cat.  They couldn't figure out what all the weird noises coming from the dryer were until it was too late.  Sorry to hear about your bud's cat.  

My pet praying mantis Fred bought it in a tragic oven-preheating accident one fateful Super Bowl Sunday.  Seems he burnt his feet when he swooped down to have at the hot dogs that were frying in the electric skillet, and sought refuge in the oven.  (The door was open, and I guess he just flew in there).  Someone closed the door, to pre-heat the oven before we put the pizzas in.  Oops...we found Fred when we opened the door...a baked praying mantis is not a pretty sight.  His wake was legendary.   We'd had him since he was about an inch long.  

At the time of his death, he was about 7"...one big boy.  He would hang under the cupboards in the kitchen, upside down, watching our comings and goings.  He'd swivel his head back and forth, nothing else moved when he did this.  We'd feed him hamburger and other stuff.  Chicks would freak comletely out when they saw him.  "Did you know there's a giant bug in your kitchen"...we'd say, "oh, that's just Fred...he won't hurt you."  This is an absolutely true story.  

Serious? You can actually have a praying mantis as a pet? Wow. What do you feed it? How did you get it?

Ben
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#33]
That's a pretty funny story. I (my wife) has 4 cats, 2 outdoor cats we inherited when we bought the house, and 2 that stay inside. I hate all of them. I'll have to try to coax them into the dryer. Maybe I can bait them with one of my shirts. The one fat bastard will sleep on anything I have worn if I leave it laying around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Okay I leave you all with my contrubution from yesterday.....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=354386
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#35]
happened to my cat of 17 years when I was 22. He'd been sleeping on my bed with me since I was 5. I thought he was gonna live forever. He was a healthy 17 also. But he went to sleep in the dryer.
Unfortunate to read.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Here is what I would do to a cat if I ever got my hands on one...

ETA: I am gonna die and burn in hell...

I would hate if that happened to my dog:

RIP kitty...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Where is Sarge?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Poor Cat,...

Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah-Woobadah-Wobadah!

Boy I'll bet that fucked his little cat-gyros up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top