Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 7:17:11 AM EDT
So I met (one of) the new neighbors across the the street yesterday, as she yelled to me across the road while I was getting home:

"HEY!  You ain't seen mah contact's in th' mail have you?"  

Baby on hip, she came strutting over for a closer talk.

I'd been reluctant to meet them since they moved in after watching the piles of junk collect in their car port, used cars with sales prices come in and out of their yard, and late night explecitives sound back and forth from across the street.  

I thought, "here goes".

So she continued to introduce herself and divulge into her life history which I will truncate:
"Yah, you might'ave seen mah husband - he's about, eighteen years older than me *chuckle "
"He works at his daddy's used car lot and I just stay at home all day, so you oughta tell your little wife to feel free to stop over some time"
"yah, that truck that's o'er here all the time is my mother-in-law's, *@#$%ing b@#$"

This is going to be a long summer...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing like breaking in a new neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, it is Alabama afterall...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I think we're going to be the ones broken...

I knew that was coming
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Man I can almost see that pig you're describing. Sorry to hear it bro.
Edit: was she wearing a stretched out, unwashed T-shirt?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
That is one reason I moved and surrounded myself with acreage.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Man I can almost see that pig you're describing. Sorry to hear it bro.
Edit: was she wearing a stretched out, unwashed T-shirt?

No, but seriously she looked a little like that kid from Deliverance.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I knew that was coming

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1.

BB, maybe you should bump-fire the AR a few times. If they stay away after that, cool. If they come over wanting to shoot, move. if they call the ATF, move. Either way, problem fixed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

BB, maybe you should bump-fire the AR a few times. If they stay away after that, cool. If they come over wanting to shoot, move. if they call the ATF, move. Either way, problem fixed.

I wish it were that easy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:32:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"Yah, you might'ave seen mah husband - he's about, eighteen years older than me *chuckle "
"He works at his daddy's used car lot and I just stay at home all day,

Sounds like love is definitely in the air.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#11]
You know what? I bet when you get to know them that they will be the best neighbors and would give you the shirt off their backs. I have found that the anal retentive, cars always shined, grass is always mowed type make the worst neighbors and are usually the most judgemental standoffish kind while the trash collectors make the best neighbors whom you can talk to and would watch your back.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#12]
start walking around the yard in a speedo with a gun belt on, yell at your woman and kids and act crazy, if that don't chase off the new neighbors, it will your old ones, and at least then you'll fit in with the neighborHOOD.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
But the big question - would you do her?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think we're going to be the ones broken...

I knew that was coming

True, I mean come on, its Alabama, the beauty of  it that if you don't like your neighbors, then hook the truck up to the house, and drive down the road a bit!

Ok seriosly it can't be that bad, wanna see my 450+ neighbor( offical nickname is Chunk, I swear even the mayor calls him that) riding his 4 wheeler up and down the street in athletic shorts?  I tell ya I almost want to trade with you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

dude I'm serious, she looks like this

p.s.  I certainly hope so, DOA
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You know what? I bet when you get to know them that they will be the best neighbors and would give you the shirt off their backs. I have found that the anal retentive, cars always shined, grass is always mowed type make the worst neighbors and are usually the most judgemental standoffish kind while the trash collectors make the best neighbors whom you can talk to and would watch your back.

I have experienced this, as well.  At the old house, *I* was sorta the trash neighbor.  I have now moved to a "proper" neighborhood, and am the anal-lawn-shiny car guy, but still every bit the good neighbor.  Come on over, you can borrow my tools.  But anyhowse, I' have seen this to often be the case with neighbors.  Give 'em a chance, Beetle, take a walk on the wild side!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

True, I mean come on, its Alabama, the beauty of  it that if you don't like your neighbors, then hook the truck up to the house, and drive down the road a bit!

....so says the guy from Mississippi
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Move to a more expensive neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey the underpinnings on my trailer are on so tight that its considered a foundation no tornado bait here!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'd been reluctant to meet them since they moved in after watching the piles of junk collect in their car port, used cars with sales prices come in and out of their yard, and late night explecitives sound back and forth from across the street.  

Junky people will trash their dwelling and everything else they com into contact with. Property value drops, and more scumbags will move in. I have some 2 houses down. What trash. Doesnt anyone have any pride anymore?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew that was coming

im just angry someone got it in before me
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dude I'm serious, she looks like this

growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/deliverance.jpg

p.s.  I certainly hope so, DOA

If she looks like that she can't be from Alabama because she has too many teeth.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Move to a more expensive neighborhood.

I did that, and I can tell you one thing - no one ever wants to borrow my tools, because they don't frickin do ANYTHING for themselves.  I get sideways looks when I change my oil and mow my own lawn.  

When I was welding up a hitch for my brother's jeep, you wouldn't believe the reactions I got - you would have thought I was my own industrial park - "a welder?"

My next door neighbor's garage is EMPTY except for the Audi convertible and Mercedes - I mean he honestly doesn't have one single tool, weed eater, lawn mower - nothing.  

Mine is so packed with stuff that a full garage bay is taken up with stuff like my miter saw, bench grinder, etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Owned my house for 6 years now and only know one of the neighbors. A nice old lady that gives me cake and cookies sometimes when I am outside working. I really feel no need to know my neighbors. Its just more drama to deal with.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey the underpinnings on my trailer are on so tight that its considered a foundation no tornado bait here!

As we say in Alabama, Thank God for Mississippi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top