Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 2:16:04 AM EDT
I love all the women that blow up like a whale harpooned by a gas gun that say "But I'm eating for two!"

(if the images don't show, right click the placeholder and select "View Image")

Caption:
COLOGNE, Germany: Seven months pregnant German supermodel Heidi Klum, 31, poses with purple roses have been called after her "Heidi Klum Rose", 23 May 2005 in the western town of Cologne. Klum, 31, and British-born singer Seal, 42, have married on last 10 May in Mexico, and she is expecting her second child in August. AFP PHOTO DDP/HENNING KAISER GERMANY OUT (Photo credit should read HENNING KAISER/AFP/Getty Images)

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice placement of the golf ball.

CW
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused, the woman is pregnant and large.
Seems normal to me. What's the problem?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd still hit it!  Oh wait.......someone said something about a golfball. That ain't Tiger Wood's...........
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I didnt even know she WAS pregnant.
Shows how much I follow the news and stuff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm confused, the woman is pregnant and large.
Seems normal to me. What's the problem?

I think his point is that only her BELLY is large, while some pregnant woman get large EVERYWHERE.  

But to put things in perspective, Heidi Klum DID blow up like a whale - it's just that she only weighed 45 lbs when she GOT pregnant.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]
"I'm eating for two."
"The second person weighs less than 10lbs, not a hundred."

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:19:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Mom eating means that baby is eating, which means that baby will most likely weigh in at a HEALTHY birth weight, which is a darn good way to make sure that baby SURVIVES without needing a ton of medical attention.

Honestly.

Some people just amaze me.

The focus of pregnancy is trying to bring to term a healthy baby. Mom getting plenty to eat (high quality food, not just 8 big macs a day) and getting plenty of (quality) calories translates into the baby getting all he/she needs to develop into a healthy normal baby.

Using Heidi Klum as an example of how pregnancy should be done is stupid. She is a genetic freak and may be able to only carry baby weight in her tummy. But for other women to try and look the same could actually pose a risk to the pregnancy.

Every woman is different and every baby is different and the best thing a woman can do is listen to what her body is telling her. Look at Catharine Zeta Jones or Kate Hudson. Both are attractive women that balooned up and gained over 70 pounds when pregnant. But they both had healthy babies and were both able to return to their normal physical state.

That, of course, is much easier when they have paid help with the baby and no real concerns about finances because they are rich themselves and married into money to boot....

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it pretty much comes down to the person. I have seen skinny woman get preg and eat a ton and have nothing happen and others blow up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:35:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I think she's still quite attractive.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:59:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By DixieKnight:
I'd still hit it!  Oh wait.......someone said something about a golfball. That ain't Tiger Wood's........... Even worse , Seal!

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:02:31 AM EDT
[#12]
What here deserves the BOTD warning?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What here deserves the BOTD warning?

Erring on the side of caution so as to not anger some of the more PC types.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#14]
+1              even if shes married to Seal

Quoted:
I think she's still quite attractive.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Mom eating means that baby is eating, which means that baby will most likely weigh in at a HEALTHY birth weight, which is a darn good way to make sure that baby SURVIVES without needing a ton of medical attention.

Honestly.

The focus of pregnancy is trying to bring to term a healthy baby. Mom getting plenty to eat (high quality food, not just 8 big macs a day) and getting plenty of (quality) calories translates into the baby getting all he/she needs to develop into a healthy normal baby.

Using Heidi Klum as an example of how pregnancy should be done is stupid. She is a genetic freak and may be able to only carry baby weight in her tummy. But for other women to try and look the same could actually pose a risk to the pregnancy.

Every woman is different and every baby is different and the best thing a woman can do is listen to what her body is telling her. Look at Catharine Zeta Jones or Kate Hudson. Both are attractive women that balooned up and gained over 70 pounds when pregnant. But they both had healthy babies and were both able to return to their normal physical state.

That, of course, is much easier when they have paid help with the baby and no real concerns about finances because they are rich themselves and married into money to boot....

If moms ate healthy they wouldn't blow up like whales, even if they eat larger portions.
Most of the time it's an excuse so they don't feel guilty about the Haagen-Daaz truck coming to their house first then the grocery store.  I've seen so many pregnant moms eat enough to put 250 lb bodybuilders to shame.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#16]
The last trimester is when the fetus's nervous system develops the most. You find the greatest amount of cellular growth in the brain and spine. The last trimester is a time when the mother is under a LOT of load to provide sustenance. The fat deposits on the thights and buttocks are suppose to augment the mother's dietery intake to provide enough nutrients to the fetus.

Women like Heidi Klum are an anamoly. However, there is a some truth to the parent post. Often pregnant women do overeat. They end up putting on a lot of extraneous weight. It is far better for the mother to eat more than she needs than less. Back in the day when food wasn't as available, the risk of a malnourished and stunted fetus was very real and the tendency to overeat helped mitigate the risk of potential famine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't know what it it, but I think Zeta-Jones just doesn't look the same as before she got pregnant...I know she's lost the weight, but it's sort of like her facial structure changed a little.  Not that she's unattractive now, but I don't think she looks as good as before the baby.  Of course, it's the difference between a 9.5 and a 9.75.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By DixieKnight:
I'd still hit it!  Oh wait.......someone said something about a golfball. That ain't Tiger Wood's........... Even worse , Seal!

Caught that too, eh ?  

Stupid stormfront jerkoffs.......

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly.

If moms ate healthy they wouldn't blow up like whales, even if they eat larger portions.
Most of the time it's an excuse so they don't feel guilty about the Haagen-Daaz truck coming to their house first then the grocery store.  I've seen so many pregnant moms eat enough to put 250 lb bodybuilders to shame.  

Let me guess, you aren't married & you don't have kids, right?

My wife is 5'3 & weighed 105lbs before she was preganant. She got all the way up to 162lbs, and she barely ate ice cream and/or sweets. Her favorite things were steaks, chicken, and a whole lot of fruits & salads. She ate very healthy, but she still gained almost 60 lbs, granted 95% of it was her belly. When your significant other gets pregnant, you'll understand. They get REALLY REALLY hungry, it's perfectly normal & healthy. If they don't eat, chances of a premature baby or worse rise significantly. Would you rather have your wife gain only 15lbs & risk having something bad happen to your baby and her? I'm sure you wouldn't.  My baby was born happy & healthy, & he's doing great. Thank God.

He's almost 3 months old & my wife does excercise everyday, she is down to about 123, she's lost almost 40lbs in 3 months.  In a few more months she'll be back to her pre-birth size, we're both happy & the baby is healthy.  I couldn't ask for anything else.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Cow???

She's got a BELLY. That's where the kid is!

She's still got nice legs!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I think she looks great .... I'd hit it .... HARD .... make her go into labor ...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Conan O'Brien should do one of those if so and so had a kid it would look like...................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top