Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 8:47:41 PM EDT
Last week while my mom was visiting she was getting my son ready or a neighborhood walk. She was taking hi out front to put him in his stroller and one of our dogs shot out the door (the dumb one that we rescued). I guess the across-the-street neighbor was out with his dogs (an old retriever and a lab puppy) that were on leashes for the first time since I move into this neighborhood. Our dumb-ass dog runs across the street... not barking or being aggressive that I know of.

I'm in the backyard doing lawn stuff and I hear my mom calling for our dog. I go around front and the guy across the street is freaking out, yelling at my mom. This guy has never said more than a few words to me or my wife since we moved here. Everyone else has been pretty friendly, but he and his bitch wife have only exchanges "pleasantries" at the most... "hey, how's it going" kind of crap.

When I come from the back yard he's yelling at my mom how our dogs are never on leashes and if they come over there again he's calling the cops. Then he jumps in his mini-van and drives away.

He's a postal carrier from what I've gathered and he's a flaming asshole. Another time my mom was visiting she watched him chase his younger son out of the hosue and a few doors down the street with a belt.

Haven't had any encounters with him since that day, but I expect this isn't the end as I have no intention of leashing my dogs on my property )same as him). My mom can't control our dogs but they listen to me so I'm not too worried about it. So if I'm out front with them and he decides to say some shit, it's on.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you live near a car wash?   Did he throw a bottle at you?  Did he ask you for change?

That being said...

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Your mom should have drawn down!  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When I come from the back yard he's yelling at my mom how our dogs are never on leashes and if they come over there again he's calling the cops. Then he jumps in his mini-van and drives away.

Was it THIS DOG
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:51:57 AM EDT
[#6]
So were your dogs on his lawn?

Why does your Mother have to control YOUR dogs?

BTW - You'll find the consensus of opinion around here is that other peoples dogs on your lawn should be a goodbye bad doggie situation.  In other words if YOUR dogs aren't adequately controlled, it's your problem to solve.

and hmm as usual, drawing down in a situation you created and trying to get approbation here is a good way to get raped and raked over the coals around here
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was it THIS DOG

In NC dogs are considered property.......and you can do as you like with them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

BTW - You'll find the consensus of opinion around here is that other peoples dogs on your lawn should be a goodbye bad doggie situation.  In other words if YOUR dogs aren't adequately controlled, it's your problem to solve.

and hmm as usual, drawing down in a situation you created and trying to get approbation here is a good way to get raped and raked over the coals around here

Ditto.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:58:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

YOUR dogs were on HIS property and HE'S the asshole?

Ahhhh fuckit. I won't even go into it...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
It is a little early for popcorn.......so I will go for coffee.

PS..where any horses hurt in this production?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Last week while my mom was visiting she was getting my son ready or a neighborhood walk. She was taking hi out front to put him in his stroller and one of our dogs shot out the door (the dumb one that we rescued). I guess the across-the-street neighbor was out with his dogs (an old retriever and a lab puppy) that were on leashes for the first time since I move into this neighborhood. Our dumb-ass dog runs across the street... not barking or being aggressive that I know of.

I'm in the backyard doing lawn stuff and I hear my mom calling for our dog. I go around front and the guy across the street is freaking out, yelling at my mom. This guy has never said more than a few words to me or my wife since we moved here. Everyone else has been pretty friendly, but he and his bitch wife have only exchanges "pleasantries" at the most... "hey, how's it going" kind of crap.

He's a postal carrier from what I've gathered and he's a flaming asshole. Another time my mom was visiting she watched him chase his younger son out of the hosue and a few doors down the street with a belt.

Haven't had any encounters with him since that day, but I expect this isn't the end as I have no intention of leashing my dogs on my property )same as him). My mom can't control our dogs but they listen to me so I'm not too worried about it. So if I'm out front with them and he decides to say some shit, it's on.

Spoken like a twelve year old.

From what you posted, it looks like you have created the problem. Train your animals. Your neighbor should not have to do it for you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
If I've said it ONCE, I've said it a THOUSAND times:

I will NEVER EVER EVER own a house that doesn't have a fence all around it.

Fences are your friends.  I LOVE fences!  Keeps this shit from ever being an issue, plus it keeps girl scouts, trick-or-treaters, and Jehova's Witnesses and Mormons out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:46:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You guys are a never ending source for amasement.

If anyone in your family, pet, son, whatever does something wrong this totally justifies debasing a female member of your family and you're perfectly OK with it.

Grow some balls.  If you got a problem with a household take it up with the man of the house.

......and then you wonder why most of you guys can't maintian a relationship with a woman.

Tj

PWNED!

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:54:24 AM EDT
[#15]

And you shoulda drawn down on him why?  The only drawing down I would expect in this story would be him drawing on your dog if it looked like it was going to attack him or his dogs before you called it off.  Since you said you didn't think your dog was being threatening, then I imagine nobody had a justification for drawing anything.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#16]
owner responsibility! you're mad at him because your dog is in his yard? to be perfectly honest, if I were your neighbor, you would have one less dog. control your animals, it's your job not his.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate people that have dogs running loose - but that doesn't excuse his behavior
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:23:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If you got a problem with a household take it up with the man of the house.

Tj

Most of the time, the woman IS the man of the house today.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Hay-Zeus.... you guys are wound WAY to flippin tight. The "I shoulda drawn down on him" title was a joke aimed at all the other "drawn down on" threads... if you guy can't smell sarcasm that obvious you really need to step back and do some deep breathing.

Not to mention I live in MD... if you even show a gun outside of a range I hink the black helicopter swoop in, the men in PJs rope down, and five minutes later your hog-tied and gunless.

I've posted into several of the other "drawn down" threads and joined in on the ripping pleasures... like the asshat at the McDonald's drive-thru.

The dog crossed the street. Never went on the guys lawn. He was on the sidewalk though. Public property the sidewalk is.

FWIW his dog did the same thing when we first moved in.

The guy is clearly a big puss who only has big ball when he's up against women and children... as soo as I came from the backyard he quickly finished his tirade, jumped in his car, and drove away.

and yes... it is the same dog from the other thread. He's dumber than a box of left handed screwdrivers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Throw a baseball at him.
My dad took his neighbor to court over this type of thing. The county has a "loose dog" ordinance. The guy couldn't/wouldn't keep his dogs on his property. He said the same things about them running out past his wife and grandkids, they listen to me but not them, I don't let them out on purpose, etc. He was sentenced to 10 days in county lock-up and spent about $10K on fences and gates and whatnot to keep his dogs on his property. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My dad took his neighbor to court over this type of thing. The county has a "loose dog" ordinance. The guy couldn't/wouldn't keep his dogs on his property. He said the same things about them running out past his wife and grandkids, they listen to me but not them, I don't let them out on purpose, etc. He was sentenced to 10 days in county lock-up and spent about $10K on fences and gates and whatnot to keep his dogs on his property. Just FYI.

If a dog bolts out of the door while my mother has an armful of 20-month old boy I seriously doubt the cops are going to make a big deal about it. In that particular case the dog wasn't out unleashed intentionally... he just managed to shoot past her.

I'm not too worried about it. He calls the cops on me and I'll reciporicate the favor next time I see him in a domestic/child abuse situation. Tit for tat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Prepostal syndrome.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Your son's name is "hi"????

-LS
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#25]
You guy's and your unleased dogs make me sick!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I think I like the tall fences make good neighbors post.  Send the dog owners to obediance school fer craps sake.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#28]
You noobs and your unleased posting make me sick.... who said you could speak wee man. Back in your crib 108-post count.

Quoted:
You guy's and your unleased dogs make me sick!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top