Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 5:39:25 PM EDT
Yesterday, me, wife and here three sisters went to a graduation party(looking forward to it). We were there about 30 minutes, when my wifes cousin(owner of house), asks me to help her move some chairs around the yard. I grab two chairs from the deck and step off the deck with my left foot and onto the newly sodded lawn. My left foot lands in a depression under the new sod, ankle twists and all my 200 lbs, plus 5 lbs of chair weight land on my ankle. I'm trying not to hit the deck, because there were lots of beautiful, female high school graduates around. As I drop the chair and try to keep my composure from the intense pain of my akle, my right foot lands on a roofing nail. Now all my weight is on my right toes. I motion my wife over to me, I wisper to her, my left ankle is fvcked up and I have a nail in my right foot, FVCKING OUCH! My wife tells my to lay down, I tell her not in front of all these beautiful girls! With that my wife wacks me in the right arm and gives me her evil look and tells me to lay down or she'll nock me off my toes. I then gracefully as possible, hit the deck. Wife tells me she is going to get her cousin, who is the owner of the house and an ER nurse. While I wait, some people came over to me, including a guy who gives me an bucket full of ice water and a Budweiser(first and last one). I stick my foot/ankle in the bucket and start chugging the bud, now I'm surrounded by beautful womenz, pouring out there simpothy. My wife comes back with her nurse cousin and the cousins four co-worker nurses. All five confirm this was a must visit to the ER. The cousin takes my beer and hands me Aleve tablets and a glass of water.

Finally get to the ER, Xrays, pull nail, tetnus(SP) shot, soft cast, maybe torn ligament, must see Orthopedic.

The wife had plans to go to NY for a few days, she said she would not go, cause I was hurt. I said non sense, GO! So, she went.

Boy do I wish my wife was here!  It's an expedition just to get a drink out of the fridge and into the living room. Using crutches sucks! I've used them when I was a kid, but now a little older and heavier, it's a b!tch, especially trying to carry something.

Rant over, resume what you were doing..................
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn! Sorry to hear man. It's too bad you're not single, cause I'm sure one of the hot girls there would be more than happy to take care of you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Heal quickly and feel better!  (And I'll drink a beer for you... save you the trouble of hobbling to the fridge to get it, and then later hobbling to the bathroom to get rid of it)
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My granddaughter showed me the video.

It was pretty funny, I will admit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have invited some of those graduation chicas over while your wife is gone.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're saying you don't want me to post the link to it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Should have invited some of those graduation chicas over while your wife is gone.

Maybe thats what the wife was thinking, when I kept insisting she go. Come to think of it, she is calling ALOT
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're saying you don't want me to post the link to it?

Only in the team forum.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
You wouldn't happen to be Chevy Chase, would you?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Spent 9 months in a full leg cast on cruthces after a 'small' skydiving accident.

I feel for you.

The good news is that it is a hell of an upper body workout.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe thats what the wife was thinking, when I kept insisting she go. Come to think of it, she is calling ALOT

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top