Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 3:08:34 PM EDT
I've applied to Blockbuster, Racetrack, Kohls, and Oldnavy thus far in my search of a job. Are there any other places I should investigate as far as a job? I'm really desperate to find one. I even applied to work as a vets assistant scrubbing cages and stuff .

Ben
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
KFC
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
How old are you and what experience do you have. Be honest.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Talk to the foreman on a construction site.  If you aint scared to get dirty and learn something, you will make some money.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Talk to the foreman on a construction site.  If you aint scared to get dirty and learn something, you will make some money.

He will make you do all the jobs noone else wants to do.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have worked 3 jobs in the past 1-1 at Mcdonalds for 2 years, 1 at a printshop at school (seasonable employment, printed textbooks for my fellow students) and 1 at a school as a kiddie cafeteria line server.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Good news ya'll. Vet just called me back a few minutes after my last post. She could use an extra hand around to walk dogs and take care of them on the weekends. I am calling her back tommorow morning and we will discuss it. Looks like I might not have to sell my cherished SKS !

Ben
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Lowe's, Home Depot?

Local restaurants?  

Good luck on the Vet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I 2nd the construction.You'll learn marketable skills and more importantly,you'll know how to do for your self in the future.Building is booming right now,and even when you get into something else,you'll always have something to fall back on.Vet job will be STANKY! (cleaning up urine/feces/bood/hair/pus)
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Take construction.

You will learn valuable skills fast, network among tradesmen, learn a skill you can always fall back on, and be able to quit at the drop of a hat unlike any other industry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top