Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2005 2:48:59 PM EDT
I was under the impression that the 2 year ban on Norinco is due to expire this month.But I havn't heard anything and while looking for a Norinco 97 Trench gun on Gunbroker they all say that Norinco was recently banned. Was the ban extended or am I missing something ?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It was supposed to end May 28, 05
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
So if this thing sunsets, what nifty weapons can we expect to flood our borders?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Given the current climate between the US and the Chi-Coms, I fully expect an extension of the Norinco ban.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the ban that Bush Sr. put in place?

What about Polytech?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Given the current climate between the US and the Chi-Coms, I fully expect an extension of the Norinco ban.

Maybe not, W is trying to get them to smooth over n korea
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What about Polytech?

Bush jr in 03
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
So, $400.00 Forged receiver M14's and $200.00 1911's are a possibility in the near future .
EXCELLENT,MUAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about Polytech?

Bush jr in 03

Wasn't that due to some underhanded smuggling that Norinco was doing or something like that?  I heard something to that effect, but I don't know for sure, so I am asking.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So if this thing sunsets, what nifty weapons can we expect to flood our borders?

Norinco products
See for youself,. Note that the prices shown are Canadian so they'd be even cheaper for us.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I fucking hate China.

That being said, a $400 M1A would be mighty tempting.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
So W is responsible for this ban.  Can someone give me some details as to how this developed?  Thanks.

ps.  Should I add this to my list of reasons I'm beginning not to like W.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

as well it should.  I swear, some people here would buy a gun straight from Al Quaida if they were available.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So W is responsible for this ban.  Can someone give me some details as to how this developed?  Thanks.

ps.  Should I add this to my list of reasons I'm beginning not to like W.

Well sort of the first W yeah.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
At least Bush would never ban guns because he's better than Kerry.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]
But seriously, folks.   I need an underfolding AKMS with a folding bayonet, and I'm under the impression that the Type 56S is the only AK variant with a folding bayonet on it. han

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't buy any of their stuff. Wasn't there a huge  quality  control problem and their M1A knock offs were not very durable, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong.  I voted for him and have his stickers on my car, but he has done some things I just don't like:

Patriot Act, National ID, pussy footing around with the DEMS about these judges.

He's definately better than Kerry!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He's not "banning guns" he's banning imports from the company that producees arms for red china.

NORINCO's role as arms maker for the PLA is well known. NORINCO manufactures ballistic missiles, artillery, machine guns, tanks, lasers, radars, surface-to-air missiles, ammunition and land mines, to name a few.

According to a Commerce Department document on Chinese military defense industries, the PLA strategy is an economic war against America.

"[Chinese] Civilian resources should be transferable to military industries for weapons production," states the document, titled "Swords Into Market Shares," which was forced from the Clinton administration by a Freedom of Information lawsuit.

"This is not only to prepare for war, but also to use trading firms such as NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation) and China Great Wall Industry Corporation to acquire foreign technologies, such as electronics, for military as well as economic modernization."

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Can't wait to buy some more guns carved from a block of cheese. I hate junk..
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Every thing i have heard about norico M1A's has been extremely positive. I assume this will not affect the "sporting purposes" import ban. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether we will be able to import norico m1a's?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I wouldn't buy any of their stuff. Wasn't there a huge  quality  control problem and their M1A knock offs were not very durable, IIRC.

IIRC, their M1As are forged and are better than ones make here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not "banning guns" he's banning imports from the company that producees arms for red china.

NORINCO's role as arms maker for the PLA is well known. NORINCO manufactures ballistic missiles, artillery, machine guns, tanks, lasers, radars, surface-to-air missiles, ammunition and land mines, to name a few.

According to a Commerce Department document on Chinese military defense industries, the PLA strategy is an economic war against America.

"[Chinese] Civilian resources should be transferable to military industries for weapons production," states the document, titled "Swords Into Market Shares," which was forced from the Clinton administration by a Freedom of Information lawsuit.

"This is not only to prepare for war, but also to use trading firms such as NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation) and China Great Wall Industry Corporation to acquire foreign technologies, such as electronics, for military as well as economic modernization."

Damnit Absolut, don't interrupt the Bush bashing with pesky facts, especially from those who claim they "used to like" him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's the Norinco I want

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The only reason that he banned imports from Norinco (All products) is because they were supplying weapons to the Palestinian terrorists (Among others)

Can't really support a company that's selling weapons to the enemy now can we?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

as well it should.  I swear, some people here would buy a gun straight from Al Quaida if they were available.

So does this Al Qeada gun company offer an under-folder AKM then?  

G23c
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason that he banned imports from Norinco (All products) is because they were supplying weapons to the Palestinian terrorists (Among others)

like steyr?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Step 2 of the plan... does anyone know if any importers are planning to bring in the 1911's and M1A's?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a Norinco M1A and it shoots better than my Springfield M1A.

And my Norinco 1911 that I bought for $225 is one of the best purchases I have ever made.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scary but true.  Well said.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#33]
The Norinco 1911 is very hard to beat for the price (going rate now) and was a great deal when it was coming in the country at $199...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
At least Bush would never ban guns because he's better than Kerry. hr

like steyr?

Like Colt?   Like Enfield?  Like stinger missles?   Like what?     The US supplied a lot of crap to terrorists, too.  Some on our side, some not.    Shit happens.  

Bush banning guns (  no, he banned stuff... it just so happens that guns are part of the stuff, so it's not really a gun ban... like that 1994 thing... not a gun ban, just an accessory ban hina
Dont get me wrong, I never liked Bush and wont pretend to have been a supporter.   I never liked Kerry, and I never liked Clinton or Reagan.  I will not pretend to like liars and thieves, that's just me.   You vote in what you want, and you get what you deserve.  

Bush is exactly like every other "leader" in this Government.   Once you get past a certain level, they're only out for themselves and dont care about anyone that doesnt line their pockets with gold.  

My intent wasnt to bash Bush.  My intent was to illustrate how Bush is not the goddamned golden boy that Republicans think he is.   Republicans and Democrats need to wake up and stop thinking that they're right and the other side is anti-American.   You're both destroying America.

I shall now don my hat

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh, god dammit.   Sorry for the thread hijack.     h

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
tag
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#37]
So does no one know if they would violate other import bans?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Y'all do not understand the literal strata of laws and other deals out there.  The "Norinco" ban you are talking about is for non small arms for the most part.  The '34 NFA, '68 GCA, '86 FOPA (which was good in that it eliminated some of the '68), '89 Import Ban, and Clintons 1993 non-ban ban,  remain in full effect.  What's the '93 deal?  That's when the Clinton administration signed a deal with China giving them certain trade advantages given certain concessions.  A small part of those concessions were rules eliminating Chinese rifled bore firearms of ALL types and all ammunition.   Ever wonder why all you see from China these days is shotguns?  Voila!  It is a non ban, because China is "Volunatrily" not exporting any to us, therfore nothing was banned (generally a code law term).
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What about Polytech?

No Bush Jr. And I'd LOVE to see some Polys come in. Unfortunately they would have to be "sporters" due to the Bush Sr. ban.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Y'all do not understand the literal strata of laws and other deals out there.  The "Norinco" ban you are talking about is for non small arms for the most part.  The '34 NFA, '68 GCA, '86 FOPA (which was good in that it eliminated some of the '68), '89 Import Ban, and Clintons 1993 non-ban ban,  remain in full effect.  What's the '93 deal?  That's when the Clinton administration signed a deal with China giving them certain trade advantages given certain concessions.  A small part of those concessions were rules eliminating Chinese rifled bore firearms of ALL types and all ammunition.   Ever wonder why all you see from China these days is shotguns?  Voila!  It is a non ban, because China is "Volunatrily" not exporting any to us, therfore nothing was banned (generally a code law term).

Thanks, thats what I was looking for, I knew it wasn't as simple as people were making it out. fuck
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
But seriously, folks.   I need an underfolding AKMS with a folding bayonet, and I'm under the impression that the Type 56S is the only AK variant with a folding bayonet on it.

Plus it would be neat for AK mag prices to drop a bit more than they are are now.   I'd love some more Chi-Com.gov stuff to help keep the AK prices from remotely touching what the AR prices have always been.

Never happen. Even if you got rid of the Norinco ban the 89 Import ban still prevents it. Only "sporters" would be importable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What? You mean the climate where the US Gov't selects Norinco to rearm the Iraqi Army with Chinese-made AKs?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Bush is exactly like every other "leader" in this Government.   Once you get past a certain level, they're only out for themselves and dont care about anyone that doesnt line their pockets with gold.  

How much does he make for being the prez again? Right, it was around 200 grand.. damn, that's some serious pocket lining..

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
How much does he make for being the prez again? Right, it was around 200 grand.. damn, that's some serious pocket lining..

I think they doubled it a  few years ago.Plus his expense account.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#46]
You're right, my bad.. I forgot it was doubled.

Point being, if you're in politics just to line your pockets, I don't think President would be the route to take.

IMHO  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe we could at least see the ammo again? They should keep Wolf priced lower.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#48]
When Norinco M14's were last imported they met the sporting purposes clause by having no bayonet lug and a non functional flash suppresor.As for the concession/defacto ban Driftpunch mentions,I was not aware of it,does anyone know where I could find more info on this ? Maybe i'll call the ATF and get the skinny from them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what I was thinkin for a sec but, they were selling to the PLA....

PLO = Palestinian Liberation Organization
PLA = People's Liberation Army = China's Army
PLAAF = People's Liberation Army Air Force (sounds weird)
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Good, then I can do a couple more transformations from this:

to this:

moohahahah!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top