Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/23/2005 9:11:06 AM EDT
What a bunch of ignorant no good bastards.The girl is the only black girl in the photo ,everyone else (WHITE) are called by their name ,she is not ,she is known as the "black girl".Not many blacks at the school.

Thats like a white guy ,in a black school  only known as the "WHITE BOY"  in the picture of the year book.

VERY STUPID DECISION,HOPE ITS A COSTLY  ONE!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
ok
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
link?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ok

Ya well being from MO. ,I didn't think you would see a problem with that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember when I went to parties where I was pretty much the only white guy.

Wanna guess how people there identified me?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#6]
So what?  Sounds like the most regonizable descriptive term to me.

Better than calling her a Coon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"Hey White Boy!"

btdt.  It's not a big fuckin deal.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I get called "white boy" everytime I walk in downtown Newport News...

There's nothing wrong with her being called the "black girl" (folks need to get over it)...If you had a highschool class with a genuine female Eskimo...you would refer to her as the eskimo girl, not "that cute girl with blubber-breath".

She needs to celebrate her induvidual ebony blackitude with pride.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The school doesn't put those yearbooks together.  The students do, if it is anything like my school was.

I thought they still had a teacher overseeing the yearbook and making sure everything is okay.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure had she been the only white girl in an all black high school, and someone labeled her a cracker, nothing would have been said.

Yeah, they should have put her name in there, but I'm not gonna get my shorts in a knot over it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Blacktitude
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a friend of mexican descent .  She and her son refer to one of his friends as Guero (pronounced wettle) which means white boy.  His younger brother is called Guerito.  But, in a yearbook, that is a little different.  They should know the names of the students.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok

And being from AL you do right?

How about a link, some more info or background?

CH
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Usually the students working on the yearbook are a bunch of liberal hippies intent on getting a BA in Liberal Arts in college.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Man ,you guys are not right!

One thing moma never tought you ,two wrongs, dont make a right.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have a friend of mexican descent .  She and her son refer to one of his friends as Guero (pronounced wettle) which means white boy.  His younger brother is called Guerito.  But, in a yearbook, that is a little different.  They should know the names of the students.

yup I'm called that by my Mexican friends quite a bit.

Although they pronounce it wetto

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I get called "white boy" everytime I walk in downtown Newport News...

There's nothing wrong with her being called the "black girl" (folks need to get over it)...If you had a highschool class with a genuine female Eskimo...you would refer to her as the eskimo girl, not "that cute girl with blubber-breath".

She needs to celebrate her induvidual ebony blackitude with pride.

Slow down , the thing is how come everyone else has a name but her.Well she does,BLACK GIRL.Why weren't the white people called white boys,and white girls?Nevermind you guys will never get it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok

Suffering from white guilt or angry negro syndrome?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#20]
this comes down to context.
i remember in highschool we use to do stuff like this just to torque the wrong people.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#21]
For those of you that are to stupid,I explain a little more.It's a little something called "RESPECT".Everyone deserves it, not just you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What a bunch of ignorant no good bastards.The girl is the only black girl in the photo ,everyone else (WHITE) are called by their name ,she is not ,she is known as the "black girl".Not many blacks at the school.

Thats like a white guy ,in a black school  only known as the "WHITE BOY"  in the picture of the year book.

VERY STUPID DECISION,HOPE ITS A COSTLY  ONE!

Well I'm looking for a place to move and the demographics of that area sound very appealing...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#24]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/052305dntexyearbook.d3dd9d03.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Bigger problems in this world. No need to create more by making an issue out of an honest mistake.
Unless you profit from such attention that is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For those of you that are to stupid,I explain a little more.It's a little something called "RESPECT".Everyone deserves it, not just you.

Absolutely!

Every student deserves just such respect, indeed!

But I can assure you that, had the pic been of the High School's track team or basketball team, and every student wasn't known, the sole 'white boy' would likely have been identified just so!

It's NOT disrespect, it's just 'place-keeping'!

Another method likely needs to be used, such as the photo number, or something....

Eric The(Idealistic)Hun

I suggest placeholders such as "Big Ears" or "Buck Tooth".  These future changes to placeholder names should avoid help the yearbook to avoid any undue attention next year.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely!

Every student deserves just such respect, indeed!

But I can assure you that, had the pic been of the High School's track team or basketball team, and every student wasn't known, the sole 'white boy' would likely have been identified just so!

It's NOT disrespect, it's just 'place-keeping'!

Another method likely needs to be used, such as the photo number, or something....

Eric The(Idealistic)Hun

I suggest placeholders such as "Big Ears" or "Buck Tooth".  These future changes to placeholder names should avoid help the yearbook to avoid any undue attention next year.

So what would clean_cut's placeholder be?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Bigger problems in this world. No need to create more by making an issue out of an honest mistake.

I guess race relations is not high on your list of major problems.No I do not profit from it ,just want to make the "world" I live in (United States)a better place for MY kids.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#30]
So, like what WAS the black girl's name?  

Are we trying for to add insult to injury by further failure to publish her name?

Is her name not revealed because she's a minor?

Hope the outcome is she's a big success, as that's the only answer to the issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#32]
40 years from now ,she will bring out the year book to show her grand kids her high school years.The grand kids will see Greta ,Tyler,and THE BLACK GIRL.Do you  get it now?

I thought calling a person out of their name was disrespectful,I guess it only is for the privledged.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#33]

The label apparently was meant to be a placeholder until the yearbook staff could track down the student's name, district spokeswoman Candace Ahlfinger said in Sunday's edition of the Waxahachie Daily Light.

I doubt it. There's one black girl in the class and nobody knew her name? Did anyone walk into the hallway and ask "What's the black girls name?".  You learn the names of the unique people first. I don't believe they didn't know her name. Unless she was one of those students that inexplicably appear and dissappear. There were plenty of those in my high school.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess race relations is not high on your list of major problems.No I do not profit from it ,just want to make the "world" I live in (United States)a better place for MY kids.

Race Relations is way down my important shit list just over putting out the cockroach traps and just below making sure I wear suntan lotion.

I make the world I live in a better place by not making a big deal about stupid shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The label apparently was meant to be a placeholder until the yearbook staff could track down the student's name, district spokeswoman Candace Ahlfinger said in Sunday's edition of the Waxahachie Daily Light.

I doubt it. There's one black girl in the class and nobody knew her name? Did anyone walk into the hallway and ask "What's the black girls name?".  You learn the names of the unique people first. I don't believe they didn't know her name. Unless she was one of those students that inexplicably appear and dissappear. There were plenty of those in my high school.

Only black girl in the picture, not only black girl in the school.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Kung-fu Boy?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, that was certainly worth getting your panties in a wad!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not quite certain how focusing national attention on this 'honest' mistake is going to make life in the US better for anyone's kids.

Unless, 'keeping score' and 'settling old grudges' can somehow make for a more 'color-blind' society?

If you have any information that this mistake was deliberate...please advise.

Eric The(Honest)Hun

See hun,my problem is know one took the time to go back and fix it.It was important to know one!Thats my problem.It was ok to let it go as the black girl.We've all been called out of are name,I wouldn't want to show my kids a year book where I was only known as THE MEXICAN.Even though you guys dont have a problem labeling me that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not quite certain how focusing national attention on this 'honest' mistake is going to make life in the US better for anyone's kids.

Unless, 'keeping score' and 'settling old grudges' can somehow make for a more 'color-blind' society?

If you have any information that this mistake was deliberate...please advise.

Eric The(Honest)Hun

"Keeping score" and "settling old grudges" sounds like one of your civil war revisionist posts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right about that buddy, I don't have time for hand wringing over that. I have plenty of real world problems to keep my time occupied. Pass your guilt onto someone who has a need fot it, as I do not.
Have a nice day now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Please please you can call me "white boy".. but dont call me "honkie boy"..  I just couldnt take that.

Proud to be:
                      White
                      Honkie
                      Cracker

call me anything..  just dont call me late for dinner.

stick and stones...

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Race Relations is way down my important shit list just over putting out the cockroach traps and just below making sure I wear suntan lotion.

I make the world I live in a better place by not making a big deal about stupid shit.

Race Realation ( extreme example), Rodney King riots,minorities went out looking for white people to kill.That one poor white guy got the shit kicked out of him ,then the black guy slammed a brick against his head.Thats not a problem to you ?What a fool.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Race Realation ( extreme example), Rodney King riots,minorities went out looking for white people to kill.That one poor white guy got the shit kicked out of him ,then the black guy slammed a brick against his head.Thats not a problem to you ?What a fool.

The problem isn't race relations, the problem is they are a bunch of fucking animals.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Except people in Missouri though huh?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

REALLY?!?!?!

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Several of my high school yearbooks have errors. Mistakes are a fact of life. My last name is mispelled and mispronounced all the time. Shit happens. The mistake in the yearbook should have been caught in the proofing. You expect a high school popularity contest to be perfect? It's not worth blowing a vein over something like this.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#49]
SO WHAT!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man ,you guys are not right!

One thing moma never tought you ,two wrongs, dont make a right.

One thing YOUR momma never taught you:

How to spell.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top