Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 3:48:21 AM EDT
Don't you know Canada is a far better place

WINNIPEG - Winnipeg police have laid assault and other charges against two teenagers after a 10-year-old boy was doused with lighter fluid and set on fire.

The boy is recovering from second-degree burns after the attack on Saturday.

Police said it started after one group of youths invited another to play with lighter fluid. When they refused, the older group chased the younger, caught the youngster and assaulted him.

"This is one of the worst cases. Frankly, I myself have not seen a case like this in years. To have a 13, 14 and 11-year-old involved in such a vicious crime is very surprising," said Shelley Glover of the Winnipeg Police Service.

Police charged a girl, 13, with aggravated assault and uttering threats, and a boy, 14 with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon. The 11-year-old male suspect has not been charged. None of the youths can be named.

The victim's mother said it's another example of how violent the city's North End can be. Just two weeks ago, her son was almost stabbed.

"All I can say is they are bad kids," she said.

"I'm going to take my kids out of this city."

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
And this is what happens when nobody disciplines kids.

This "children are our future" crap needs to die. The idea that children are basically good is utterly stupid.

You don't have to teach children how to steal, lie, be selfish, cheat, be violent, or any other such thing. They come wired from the factory with impulses to do about every bad thing in the book. You have to teach them how NOT to do any of that stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
what's cookin, man?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top