Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 12:03:18 AM EDT
Just got back from 7-11,

well any how I asked the clerk what their firearm policy is, his response "we don't allow them on that side of the counter".

Kind of freaks the shit out of me, I could just imagine going in that store with an exposed pistol and having the clerk shoot me for simply coming in the door.

He seemed a little upset I asked it, and here I am the man who gives them a $1 tip each time I buy something. Maybe I should learn to be a dick.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

well any how I asked the clerk what their firearm policy is, his response "we don't allow them on that side of the counter".

Kind of freaks the shit out of me, I could just imagine going in that store with an exposed pistol and having the clerk shoot me for simply coming in the door.

He seemed a little upset I asked it, and here I am the man who gives them a $1 tip each time I buy something. Maybe I should learn to be a dick.

They don't allow them behind the counter either.  Southland Corp policy is no weapons (of any kind.  Even a Mag-Lite is verboten) for clerks, period.  The company policy is the most limp dicked liberal "give the badguy everything they want, don't resist or that'll make them angry" sheeple BS I've ever seen.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
If I lived in an open carry State, you could bet your precious laurels I'd be carrying in the open.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
You give tips to the 7-11 guy?

Is it because they also work the cage when you win a big one from the slot machine next to the atm?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Because you aren't old enough to own guns?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Never talk to the clerk.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Because you aren't old enough to own guns?

Did you even read what I posted?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You give tips to the 7-11 guy?

Is it because they also work the cage when you win a big one from the slot machine next to the atm?

Don't gamble and If I did sure as hell wouldn't be in 7-11. I give tips to all who work service.

Mcodonalds guys, Delivery Guy, Butcher, Bag Person, etc. Some times however gotta say I don't if they are dicks or I just don't have singles on me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:39:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Tip the 7-11 clerk?

Thank you.  Just when you think you've heard it all...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tip the 7-11 clerk?

What's so wrong about that?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tip the 7-11 clerk?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tip the 7-11 clerk?

Well call me susy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
well any how I asked the clerk what their firearm policy is, his response "we don't allow them on that side of the counter"

I'm sure that will be his last thought as he bleeds out on the dirty floor.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:43:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The clerk doesnt speak for 7-11.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

They don't allow them behind the counter either.  Southland Corp policy is no weapons (of any kind.  Even a Mag-Lite is verboten) for clerks, period.  The company policy is the most limp dicked liberal "give the badguy everything they want, don't resist or that'll make them angry" sheeple BS I've ever seen.  

7-11 isnt the only gas station that has that policy...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

After he told you that, you should have whipped out your $1 bill, whisked it under his nose and said, "but what is the firearms policy for ME?"
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

After he told you that, you should have whipped out your $1 bill, whisked it under his nose and said, "but what is the firearms policy for ME?"

Or maybe a $5 really get his mind a going

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

Or maybe a $5 really get his mind a going

Really!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tip the 7-11 clerk?

You tip for service - not for sales.

Where's the service?

Do you tip at McDonalds?  The grocery store?  Motel clerks?

Your money............
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I had such a great time open carrying in South Dakota on vacation, I'm gonna start carrying my M4gery when I'm home in TX.  I always have it in my suburban anyways... but I'm gonna throw the 3 point sling on, and sling her over my back.

Why the hell not?

If anyone, including a LEO asks why I am carrying a loaded AR15 around, I've already got an answer...

"Uh... because it's legal..."  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I had such a great time open carrying in South Dakota on vacation, I'm gonna start carrying my M4gery when I'm home in TX.  I always have it in my suburban anyways... but I'm gonna throw the 3 point sling on, and sling her over my back.

Why the hell not?

If anyone, including a LEO asks why I am carrying a loaded AR15 around, I've already got an answer...

Just ask him: "Would you rather stick a fullsize handgun in your pants, or sling a rifle?"
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Why the hell not?

you ar far braver than I. I could just see some one getting excitied and popping a cap in my ass.

Don't get me wrong I would love it.
Had to use the ghetto slang
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]
the only way I'd carry a firearm openly is if it was unloaded.  Why unloaded? so when the crook snatches it from the holster and uses it against me, I can pull out and show him my concealed loaded gun

seriously though, concealed is the best way to go, gives you the element of suprise.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
the only way I'd carry a firearm openly is if it was unloaded.  Why unloaded? so when the crook snatches it from the holster and uses it against me, I can pull out and show him my concealed loaded gun

seriously though, concealed is the best way to go, gives you the element of suprise.

Weapon retention, like reading, is fundamental

There is no weapon that you can open carry that cannot be retained from a single "sudden assault".  Just have to have skills and proper gear.

ETA:  I leave the element of surpise up to the BG thats wants to do harm.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

My holster needs to be manually released, not sure the exact name for it but it locks onto the trigger guard.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Open carry could discourage someone from attempting to steal your kidney.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weapon retention, like reading, is fundamental

There is no weapon that you can open carry that cannot be retained from a single "sudden assault".  Just have to have skills and proper gear.

ETA:  I leave the element of surpise up to the BG thats wants to do harm.  

weapon retention can be a pretty hard thing.  Sure if your out in the sticks its no problem since theres not that many people around, but in a more urban like environment you got people bumping into left and right, standing inches away or sometimes huddled together, etc, etc.  If you wanna have your hand over your peice babysitting it all day, by all means go for it, but I prefer to walk around not worrying someones gonna take me peice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

you ar far braver than I. I could just see some one getting excitied and popping a cap in my ass.

Don't get me wrong I would love it.
Had to use the ghetto slang

Well I've been called lots of things.  Guess it was inevitable

No wife or girlfriend to bitch me out for getting in trouble.  THAT is the ticket
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

weapon retention can be a pretty hard thing.  Sure if your out in the sticks its no problem since theres not that many people around, but in a more urban like environment you got people bumping into left and right, standing inches away or sometimes huddled together, etc, etc.  If you wanna have your hand over your peice babysitting it all day, by all means go for it, but I prefer to walk around not worrying someones gonna take me peice.

I dunno.  I don't look at it as that difficult at all.  If you are using a proper holster, all you have to do if someone grabs your handgun, is forcibly place your hand on top of the gun and turn away from the BG.

WEAPON RETAINED

If you have a long gun, and they grab the muzzle, do a "J" stroke.  Same result.

Obviously, nothing is 100%.  But at 6'3" 325lbs... I'll take the risk
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]
When you go into a 7-11, make sure you wear your IDF T-shirt!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
When you go into a 7-11, make sure you wear your IDF T-shirt!!!

I don't have one

Can I borrow YOURS???  

Oh, wait... I get it now...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got back from 7-11,

No shit . My friend pulled a Brad back in Florida and they fucking fired him for it .

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If I lived in an open carry State, you could bet your precious laurels I'd be carrying in the open.

+1,000,000!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Why even ask the dumbshit clerk?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Why even ask the dumbshit clerk?

Yep, and if they aren't posted, (or they ARE, but it is so tiny, there's NO WAY you'd reasonably see it) who cares?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top