Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:03:57 PM EDT
    I have seen a lot of bashing of newer members.  Why is this?  I respect the people that have made this site what it is,  but there needs to be some new blood come in to add different  life experience as well.

Yes, I am a newbie to the site, No I can't sit behind a computer all day and look at my new favorite place to be(on the web).  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Right of passage I guess.  

Who cares...its only the interweb.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Because humiliating another person gives one a sense of power, fuck them and welcome. BTW I was formerly known as camel1 and I started from scratch again just to change my screen name. Are you in the USFS?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
There's NO problem at all with being a new member.  All of us were new member at some point.

A high post count (like mine ) is just indicative of how some of us have no real life!

The only time people seem to really comment on someone's "newbie" staus, is if some newcomes starts posting provocative and inflamatory topics, like "Hillary Clinton is awesome, and all you inbred gunowners should bow down and worship her", or "the M16 is crap, and will be replaced by the XM-8 in six weeks" ... or something like that.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]

It's simply allowing for a period of getting to know each other.

Would you, on your first few visits to someone's house flop down on the couch, kick off your shoes, put your feet on the coffee table, fart, scratch your balls and then start making demands and shouting your opinions in your hosts face?

No, I wouldn't either but you'd be damned surprised how many people show up on a forum like this and do the cyberspace equivalent of what I've described.

Gotta take some time and let people get to know you and THEN you can fart, scratch, knock back a beer and let your hair down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You're fairly new.  Have you been bashed?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Because humiliating another person gives one a sense of power, fuck them and welcome. BTW I was formerly known as camel1 and I started from scratch again just to change my screen name. Are you in the USFS?

BLM Prairie Fairy now...Was with the Forest Circus
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No...but have seen it happening.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
    I have seen a lot of bashing of newer members.  Why is this?  I respect the people that have made this site what it is,  but there needs to be some new blood come in to add different  life experience as well.

Yes, I am a newbie to the site, No I can't sit behind a computer all day and look at my new favorite place to be(on the web).  

Because I'll tell you why.

STFU

that's why...

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

that's why...

Now I know why the pit came to be.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Well well well the F'n Bureau of Land Management, you some kinda commie or sumthin'- kidding of course. You must be a rifleman of some sort, and I bet you know where a lot of good public shooting land is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They always forget the links.............
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]
January 2005

Seriously though. I think being a Team Member you are a bit safer from the Credibility Inquisition.

You're not RachelF are you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

that's why...

LEARN HOW TO QUOTE, NOOB!

Howdy, and welcome!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

that's why...

What was that Noob I can't here you!!
By the way just fucking with yeah, that was the point of all the little smileys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

that's why...

Howdy, and welcome!

I hit the quote button and it comes up that way... I hate it...Please enlighten me...

ETA:   I guess I just learned....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU

that's why...

Howdy, and welcome!

I hit the quote button and it comes up that way... I hate it...Please enlighten me...

ETA:   I guess I just learned....

When you see this [ / quote] makes sure your writing under it.

ETA EXAMPLE:

[ QUOTE ] Wow what a fun day we have had today mr rabbit, let us now hop along [ / quote ]

You write here under what you have just replied to.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me make sure I got this right.

You're a noob, who's never been bashed, complaining because noobs are being bashed?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a noob, who's never been bashed, complaining because noobs are being bashed?

Hey stealth why don't you shut up you noob...  
JK
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#20]
My observations have been that many who troll, and many who think they are very knowledgeable on this board, fall into two descriptions.

The trolls use the anonymity of the internet to behave in a way they would never do to someone's face.  They post purely to entertain them self and to annoy in any mannor possible.  Whatever you post... they will find a way to attack.

The armchair experts that have become experts by reading what others have done, then seeing them self as knowledgeable as the true experts.  At the same level as those who actually did and or do what they read about.  They can quote all the actual experts to the punctuation mark.  They are quick to jump in the middle of your post and tell you how wrong you are, but can not provide their "credentials" when challenged.  They too are using the anonymity of the internet to keep from admitting they haven't actually had any first hand experience... just their collection of downloads.  This bunch assumes that your knowledge is somehow based on your post count.   The self proclaimed experts are not has been's... but are never were's!  Wannabe's

If you filter out the trolls and self proclaimed experts.  You will find this the best collection of correct information related to the subject of this board.  It is a wealth of information.

For me it is like a train wreck.  I know it is gonna be really bad... but I can't help but look.

Short answer... the lower your post count... to way too many... the more ignorant you are and you can't have any valuable knowledge... only those with high post counts can know anything.

Just factor all that in... and you will see how great this site is in spite of those kind of people!

Welcome!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No complaints...Just a question....Forking the family tree is always beneficial to the good of a species.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey stealth why don't you shut up you moobs...  

Leave my Moobs outta this.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/20040319l.jpg

Would you, on your first few visits to someone's house flop down on the couch, kick off your shoes, put your feet on the coffee table, fart, scratch your balls and then start making demands and shouting your opinions in your hosts face?

No, I wouldn't either but you'd be damned surprised how many people show up on a forum like this and do the cyberspace equivalent of what I've described.

Gotta take some time and let people get to know you and THEN you can fart, scratch, knock back a beer and let your hair down.

This is great...Can I borrow it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey stealth why don't you shut up you moobs...  

Leave my Moobs outta this.

Hahaha,

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU DAMNED UPPITY NOOB?!?!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Because the internet gives new people the ability to do what most people wont do in real life....walk into a room of complete strangers and tell them they are ignorant, backwards and should let you run the place.

Thats crazy talk there.
And you know what we do to crazy talkers......

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The most outspoken person online generally tends to be the pimply geek with no life, his come backs come from some other forum that he copies and pastes he has no life or imagination, and this is his outlet for the anger that he has, because he still lives wif his mommie hes 25 and never been kissed.  And they would never ever insult someone in real life, as they know that lippy talk will only get them smacked the fuck up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/20040319l.jpg

This is great...Can I borrow it?

But of course.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The most outspoken person online generally tends to be the pimply geek with no life, his come backs come from some other forum that he copies and pastes he has no life or imagination, and this is his outlet for the anger that he has, because he still lives wif his mommie hes 25 and never been kissed.  And they would never ever insult someone in real life, as they know that lippy talk will only get them smacked the fuck up.

Don't have the GPS on me...wtf time is it in NZL(New Zealand correct?)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#30]
1900 hours mate
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because the internet gives new people the ability to do what most people wont do in real life....walk into a room of complete strangers and tell them they are ignorant, backwards and should let you run the place.

Thats crazy talk there.
And you know what we do to crazy talkers......

Shaddap Noob....

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
1900 hours mate

May 23 or 24?  NZL is my next destination.  What is available to shoot on the Island?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only to liberal assholes that sign up just to bash gun owners and/or endlessly repeat DNC talking points or tinfoil bullshit about 9/11 / Peak Oil / Global Warming / asinine garbage du jour.
Newbs that want to talk about guns - WELCOME!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#34]
So what's your weapon of choice fireman, and whats your location (roughly) in Idaho? You may not be aware that you're real close to the combat weapon central of WA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So what's your weapon of choice fireman, and whats your location (roughly) in Idaho? You may not be aware that you're real close to the combat weapon central of WA.

South Central Idaho...Caught the EBD 20 yrs ago... Bought my first about 6mo. ago....700 in .22-250  is the one I would never give up....300WBY after that one....

ETA .22-250....Left out a 2
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Monday 23rd 1925 hours

If you are looking to shoot in the nrth island (wellington) where i am, there are a few thousand iraqi and afgani refugees, to choose from plus the numerous boat people, but you would need .50cal which we can not own here.  Besides that in the nrth we have red siker, wild pigs/boar, wild goats and a whole lot of rabbits, best thing is no hunting licence and no restrictions you are able to shoot all year around, except ducks but the season is currently open on them too.  It just depends on what kind of firearms licence you have.

Hope you have a good trip in NZ, let me know if you are in Wellington will be cheaper than getting a guided hunt, i will take you out the back of my house with my Kbar and .44mag for the pigs.

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

South Central Idaho...Caught the EBD 20 yrs ago... Bought my first about 6mo. ago....700 in .22-250  is the one I would never give up....300WBY after that one....

Remy 700??
I dunno if that exactly qualifies as an EBR addiction.
Have anything with bayonets or semi auto features?
If not, you need an AK/AR/FAL STAT!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remy 700??
I dunno if that exactly qualifies as an EBR addiction.
Have anything with bayonets or semi auto features?
If not, you need an AK/AR/FAL STAT!

First EBR 6 mo. ago RRA M4gery...wore out a Mini 14....The Rem light varmiter has been great...Easier to poke out the window than my 77 with the third barrel on it...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
There are no new members - just revisiting, banned old ones.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#40]
All i have to shoot is a A cat FNFAL,SKS,TYPE 56 AK,Mini 14,no 4 .303,mossberg 590,marvrick,FR8,a ruger 1022,and a few other goddies i lost on the boat trip,but as my mate from FT Bragg said its a goat massaca...lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only to liberal assholes that sign up just to bash gun owners and/or endlessly repeat DNC talking points or tinfoil bullshit about 9/11 / Peak Oil / Global Warming / asinine garbage du jour.
Newbs that want to talk about guns - WELCOME!

+1
A lot of the newbies that are bashed are either liberal commies
or
liberal commies that have been banned and came back with new names
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#42]
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas

I never thought about it that way.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas

Sorry, I'm lost!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:23:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas

Sorry, I'm lost!

You may need a lensatic compass.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas

Sorry, I'm lost!

I grabbed it... Still lost.... ????
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah they also have Burgerking in NZ,try thinking outside of the US,like i said i can still own most semi autos,unlike Uk,or Aussies,i'm happy with that
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas

Sorry, I'm lost!

Then you're on the right track!  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yeah they also have Burgerking in NZ,try thinking outside of the US,like i said i can still own most semi autos,unlike Uk,or Aussies,i'm happy with that

My closest BK is around an hour drive away, The closest McD is around there also...Sucks when your child sees the great commericials for the toys...drive to town and then decide which sh*+ty food you are going to eat because of a toy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lol 2 + 3 = cats

the cats are bananas

Sorry, I'm lost!

Then you're on the right track!  

WTF?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top