Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:51:47 PM EDT
Well, no shit Sherlock!   Fucking so-called "news" has been nothing more than a revenue source first for decades and has been going to hell ever since that happened.

drudgereport.com/flash3cbs.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN MAY 13, 2005 19:00:01 ET XXXXX

CBS TURNS TO ENTERTAINMENT EXECUTIVES FOR 'EVENING NEWS' ADVICE

The development of a permanent successor to Dan Rather on the CBS EVENING NEWS has been shrouded in secrecy, but a meeting last Tuesday at the headquarters of the network's parent company, VIACOM, suggests that CBS is canvassing opinions from people well outside the news division, the NEW YORK TIMES is planning to report on Monday.

CBS NEWS executives are said to be disappointment that people from the "entertainment" side of VIACOM were being given a voice in the affairs of CBS News.

Who was at the CBS EVENING NEWS meeting?

Terry Wood, who developed the "Dr. Phil" talk show and "The Insider," a celebrity news program, and David Sirulnick, executive vice president of news at MTV, among others.

Developing...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
No doubt looking for ways to make their propaganda palatable.

Hell, why not!

Bring on the Circus Clowns and the Big Top! Can't hurt their credibility.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Terry Wood, who developed the "Dr. Phil" talk show

Am I the only one that has never been able to watch(or listen to)Dr. Phil for even sixty seconds?

In the pic, Faye Dunaway(far left)has not aged well
William Holden looks younger than I remember
and when did Robert Duvall get a sex change?
(I don't recognize Peter Finch, heh)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Info-tainment!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top