Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
I have it on my N-gage cell phone....what is it? does it cost anything?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
IBTGMFN (in before the google mother f*cker nazis)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Basically, it allows personal devices to communicate to each other.

Bluetooth provides a way to connect and exchange information between devices like personal digital assistants (PDAs), mobile phones, laptops, PCs, printers and digital cameras via a secure, low-cost, globally available short range radio frequency.

Bluetooth lets these devices talk to each other when they come in range, even if they're not in the same room, as long as they are within 10 metres (32 feet) of each other.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yahoo is your friend.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically, it allows personal devices to communicate to each other.

Bluetooth provides a way to connect and exchange information between devices like personal digital assistants (PDAs), mobile phones, laptops, PCs, printers and digital cameras via a secure, low-cost, globally available short range radio frequency.

Bluetooth lets these devices talk to each other when they come in range, even if they're not in the same room, as long as they are within 10 metres (32 feet) of each other.

thank you....so it's basically like wifi right?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Think of it as a wireless USB cable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#7]
www.bluetooth.com/ is your friend.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#8]
The funny "Bluetooth" name is the nickname of a Danish or Swedish king that united a lot of Scandinavian tribes. The Bluetooth protocol unites and facilitates data transfers between disparite devices with different functions.

I remember reading about it 5 years ago, and now it's here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#9]
My new car has bluetooth as does my cell phone.

What this essentially means is that once "mated" together (they seek out other bluetooth devices when told to do so), they act as a fully integrated technology.

When I get in to my car, as long as my cell phone is with me, in my pocket, on the seat, in the console, my car reads it like it's a built in feature.....which allows for hands-free use.

When I get a call on my cell in my car, the stereo turns all the way down, caller ID appears on the display my stereo uses and I can make or take calls by pushing a button on my steering wheel. It also shows a bar graph of my signal strength.

I think it's a very cool thing. All the benefits of a built in car phone, with all the convenience of a portable cell. The car knows when the phone is there, and vice versa.

P.S. - One use for it, that I don't use, is a wireless bluetooth head set. You can keep your phone in your pocket, and the bluetooth will allow a wireless ear piece, again, adding mostly hands-free use. I just am not in to phones enough to walk around with an ear piece attached to my head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top