Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:58:26 PM EDT
WOW!!   Man what a conclusion to the season that was!

Only bad thing is how long we're going to have to wait for the next season....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought that was the end of anything interesting at Deadwood?

Also, why the hell did the widow Garrett marry that mess?????
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to see Sai get what he deserved.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Bill3508

He'll live.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
STFU you fucking cocksuckers!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Who was that guy that was hanging from the rope?  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought that was the end of anything interesting at Deadwood?

Shows how much you know.  Next season, Wyatt Earp comes to town (just as he did in the actual history of the place).  

Also, why the hell did the widow Garrett marry that mess????

Umm...because she's fucking PREGNANT AND UNMARRIED???  And it's the 1880s?  And he's an honorable man?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wolcott.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He IS the only honest, honorable man in the whole town.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd quibble with that. Charlie Utter is honest and honorable.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolcott.

'Preciate that.

I really tried to like this season, but the first season was much better.  Still like it.  Nice to Gerald McRaney on board too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As is the doc, for the most part. And the Russian telegraph guy (so far anyway).

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Adios Wolcott........COCKSUCKER!

Adios Cy...........gutted by the preacher!.........now THERE'S a Christian Soldier!

Woo cut that SF Cocksuckers throat didn't he?!?!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#13]
You boys and your soap operas.

The second season is on "On Demand", but I just cant get into it. I love Westerns, the word fuck, and action. Must be the Hollyweird influence.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen the last three episodes but when I read the first post I was thinking "Alma married Charlie Utter?".  

I'm assuming it was actually Ellsworth since he proposed to her.    Both are minorities in being decent and honorable men.   I might include Sol and doc in that category as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#15]
CURSE YOU ALL.................................I FORGOT IT WAS ON TONIGHT AND STARTED READING  THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen the last three episodes but when I read the first post I was thinking "Alma married Charlie Utter?".  

I'm assuming it was actually Ellsworth since he proposed to her.    Both are minorities in being decent and honorable men.   I might include Sol and doc in that category as well.

Agreed.  I'd might count Hostetler (older black guy who runs the stable) in that number also.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#17]

I always thought Ellsworth was a pretty sharp guy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That was Wolcott.  

Either his conscience finally caught up with him re the dead hooks or the thought of no longer being Hursts "golden boy" was too much for him.

Probably the latter and not the former.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

She's a very good looking younger woman who happens to be rich.

He is an older man who has no money and makes her gag when thinking about marrying him.

Just doesn't compute.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Did Wolcott really write a letter for Cy, or was he bluffing Hearst?

+1 on the wait for the next season.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  I'd might count Hostetler (older black guy who runs the stable) in that number also.  

Don't know about that.  He gave up the Little General dude when Steve was searching for him to tar and feather him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I would argue that Al is also honorable if you can call it that.  More the honor among thieves type of honor.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know about that.  He gave up the Little General dude when Steve was searching for him to tar and feather him.

True, true.  But he felt like crap about it & only did it out of self preservation, not malice or for $$$$.
And he prides himself on not having cheated no man in business.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is an older man who has no money and makes her gag when thinking about marrying him.

Just doesn't compute.

I don't think Ellsworth is a mess.  He doesn't have any vicious habits, he knows mining and he's smart.  He may not be Brad Pitt or the snappiest dresser, but Alma doesn't need a Brad Pitt, she needs security, a mining foreman she can keep close to her breast, and a father for her two kids.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#26]
So, how long DO we have to wait for the third series?
This show, and the Sopranos, is by far the best of the
shit on TV.

DanM
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I would argue that Al is also honorable if you can call it that.  More the honor among thieves type of honor.

Compared to Tolliver Swearengen is a saint.  
And in his own fvcked up, wackjob way Wolcott wasn't the worst either.  I like his line about how he might be a sinner without hope of Redemption but he was not however, a government official.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just doesn't compute.

She's an unstable former drug addict with a very fucked up family. I think her gagging has more to do with her pregnancy. If anyone is having doubts it's Ellsworth.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As is the doc, for the most part. And the Russian telegraph guy (so far anyway).

Okay, those three.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone notice the continuing thread as far as Garret Dillahunt (Wolcott) goes?  In the first season he played Jack McCall, a murderer who was eventually hanged.  In this season he played Wolcott, a murderer who eventually was hanged (by himself).  It's sort of like the South Park "Omigod, they killed Kenny.  You bastards!" theme.

The captain who works for Hearst is going to be pissed big time at Toliver when he finds there was no confession letter written by Wolcott.  I'm thinking it will mean an additional stomach ache for Toliver.

It was surprising to see the preacher knife him.

They need to find new direction for Calamity Jane and Trixie instead of just having them run around pissed off all the time.

Ian McShane is certainly due for an Emmy for this one.  He's my favorite character.  It seems like we learn more and more about his childhood everytime he gets a blowjob.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The captain who works for Hearst is going to be pissed big time at Toliver when he finds there was no confession letter written by Wolcott.  I'm thinking it will mean an additional stomach ache for Toliver.

Right before he hung himself, Wolcott was shown sitting at his desk in his room writing something while a rope lay coiled on the bed. I'm betting it's a statement that Hearst had no knowledge of Wolcott's little "habit". This was during the vows.
Hearst definately seems friendlier to Al than Cy - or at least he respects him.

Farnum sure is losing it!! I don't think he'll last more than a couple of episodes at most next season.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill3508

He'll live.

Yep......but he won't be grabbing the new preacher's nuts anymore though. And judging for the size of the blade .....if he lives

gut wounds in the 1880 where for the most part fatal
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Shows how much you know.  Next season, Wyatt Earp comes to town (just as he did in the actual history of the place).  

Yep...been waitting for Earp to show up. If I remember right Earp and Bullock don't get along either. I wonder who will play Wyatt in the show?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
All I can say is...

That cocksucker was a great Show!

If the actor that plays Swearingen doesn't win something for his acting, then Hollywood Sux

+1. He has been brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
If I remember right Earp and Bullock don't get along either.

Is there anyone Bullock gets along with?  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right before he hung himself, Wolcott was shown sitting at his desk in his room writing something while a rope lay coiled on the bed. I'm betting it's a statement that Hearst had no knowledge of Wolcott's little "habit". This was during the vows.
Hearst definately seems friendlier to Al than Cy - or at least he respects him.

Farnum sure is losing it!! I don't think he'll last more than a couple of episodes at most next season.

You see Wolcott smiling as he walks past the outdoor party after the wedding.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well, at least it's not like the Sopranos: 5 20-episode seasons over a period of 80 years.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I remember right Earp and Bullock don't get along either.

Is there anyone Bullock gets along with?  

He actually gets along with Al.  They have a working partnership.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolcott.

That's what I thought also, but wasnt sure.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Wolcott.  

Either his conscience finally caught up with him re the dead hooks or the thought of no longer being Hursts "golden boy" was too much for him.

I figured Hearst killed him...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Anyone notice the continuing thread as far as Garret Dillahunt (Wolcott) goes?  In the first season he played Jack McCall, a murderer who was eventually hanged.  In this season he played Wolcott, a murderer who eventually was hanged (by himself).  It's sort of like the South Park "Omigod, they killed Kenny.  You bastards!" theme.

It was surprising to see the preacher knife him.

They need to find new direction for Calamity Jane and Trixie instead of just having them run around pissed off all the time.

Ian McShane is certainly due for an Emmy for this one.  He's my favorite character.  It seems like we learn more and more about his childhood everytime he gets a blowjob.

I dunno, I thought that Hearst found out that Mr. W had written the letter and then either:
Killed him
or
Had him killed...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, at least it's not like the Sopranos: 5 2013-episode seasons over a period of 80 years.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Didn't Garret Dillahunt also play that "cut ear" guy who pissed Dan off one too many times when Al was trying to pass his stones?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Wolcott.  

Interesting theory.....we only see his body fall.  Can't tell if he was pushed or jumped.

I think that Jane and Joanie are headed for some girl-on-girl action next season.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't Garret Dillahunt also play that "cut ear" guy who pissed Dan off one too many times when Al was trying to pass his stones?

He was the "face like a c**t" muthafu**er that shot Hickock wasnt he?? I thought he looked familliar!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Wolcott.  

Interesting.....we only see his body fall.  Can't tell if he was pushed or jumped.

Exactly.

And seeing how pissed off Hearst was at finding out the news that he killed the whores, and seeing him knock down teh walls...

He had some pent up anger.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#47]
definite suicide.
during the show, just before he hangs himself, you can see him writing a suicide letter, with the rope sitting nearby.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#48]
This season was a little slow,but I still enjoyed the hell outa it.
Hopefully Battlestar Gallactica will satisfy us till Deadwood starts back up.

And a BIG + for Ian and some kind of award for his role as 'SWEDGIN' he IS brilliant,and aces that role perfectly!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
definite suicide.
during the show, just before he hangs himself, you can see him writing a suicide letter, with the rope sitting nearby.

Hmm....I must have looked away or been eating my nachoes during this part, because I didnt see this?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
definite suicide.

Hmm....I must have looked away or been eating my nachoes during this part, because I didnt see this?

This is why I watch each episode at least twice. You're sure to miss things the first time when you're trying to keep up with the dialog. The second time through things become much more clear.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top