Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 3:37:00 PM EDT
Went to see him today, my Mother-In-Law cooked up a big lunch for him.  He's home for a couple of weeks, then he's not sure if he's going to be sent back or not, as his enlistment is up in September.  He said more than likely he'll go back for a couple months, then come back home.  

He had a bunch of pics he brought back, pretty cool stuff.  I'm sure like most of the people serving over there, he looks pretty damn lean and mean!  I didn't realize he had gone through sniper school, then I saw a picture of him behind an M21.  Even had a couple in there of it wearing a suppressor.  I had never seen one with one on, and he said they used it mainly if they were set up back inside of a room, aiming out a window.  He said even suppressed, it makes some noise inside concrete walls.  Said he liked it better than his M4 also.

I've seen a few questions here on what their combat load is for weapons and ammo, and he said when he carries just his M4, he's got 9 30-rounders it.  When he's got both, he adds 3-4 magazines for the M21.  A few quarts of water.  They would load up the Humvees with a bunch of water and extra ammo, as much as they could get in.  Also, they would load them the same so you were not hunting in a different Humvee to find something.

He said the people are turning against the insurgents more and more, a lot more than what we read about here.  They were set up one evening, and they spotted a couple of guys 6-700 meters away come out of a house and start setting up a mortar tube in the street.  They got the green light, but before they could do anything, about 4-5 people rushed out of a couple houses with hammers and wrenches, and beat the two to death.  He couldn't believe it.  They just let 'em lay in the street, and went back in.  They later patrolled up and picked up their rifles and tube.

It was damn good to see him again, and I do have to say I got a little misty eyed when I hugged him and thanked him, and told him how proud I was of him.  I'll see if I can get some of the pics scanned and posted here.

(I know, this is a Marines flag, and he's Army, but hey - it works!! )

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Please thank him for his service for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]

...but before they could do anything, about 4-5 people rushed out of a couple houses with hammers and wrenches, and beat the two to death. He couldn't believe it. They just let 'em lay in the street, and went back in.

OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!  

*THAT* is the way to deal with those fuckers.  Talk about sending a message!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top