Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 2:12:31 PM EDT
My wife is watching LW4 on TBS right now (Sun 6:00 pm).  It is 40 minutes into the movie (counting commercials, too) and there is a big 10x25 poster on the wall at eye level that has NRA with a red circle with a line crossed through it (about 4 inches around), and A CHILD A DAY IS KILLED BY A HANDGUN in giant bold letters.

It basically looked like this, but with other crap on it I couldn't read.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
My God! You are right!!

Welcome to 1998.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the whole "You've got a gun?  I don't care if you are qualified, you don't deserve this" part on the boat at the beginning. . .

LW4 is fraught with anti-gun stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not surprised by anti-gun stuff, but damn was that in-your-face.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
i remember seeing that joel silver??? the director said on one of the "making of" on the LW films that he hated guns etc. and yeah welcome to 1998,95,92,90,86 or whatever years...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I recall all the hub-bub about this when the movie was new.

Many demanded a boycott of Mel Gibson, I think he kind a made up for all that in The Patriot, Ransom, Brave Heart and to a certain extent Passion of the Christ.  I don't really know if he just had a change of heart like Dennis Miller or just wasn't aware of the posters and anti-gun sentiment in LW-4 or didn't have any control over the set.

Danny Glover however is a devout Liberal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Richard Donner.

*spit*

+1
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
If I recall correctly Danny Glover Demanded thier inclusion for him to come on board for another sequel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen worse, too.

In Lethal Weapon 1 or 2, Murtaugh's daughter walks around with a "Pro-Choice" t-shirt, thus proclaiming her utter disdain for her future children.

There is a movie I can't remember the title of, but it stars Stallone. It has the poster above, pro-abortion, bullshit, anti-fur crap, and two or three other items in it. It's the worst I've ever seen. It was like watching a 2-hour ad for the liberal party....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately, that's a real poster.

Recently went into the neighboring town's PD and saw that piece of propaganda clearly displayed in the front lobby. Thought about discussing the facts  versus the make believe of the poster, but decided that nobody I would be able to talk to that day could or would take it down.

Wonder if they know about the  17 y.o would be cop killer who gets popped by LEO's being considered "another child vicitm of handgun violence"?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, that's a real poster.

Recently went into the neighboring town's PD and saw that piece of propaganda clearly displayed in the front lobby. Thought about discussing the facts  versus the make believe of the poster, but decided that nobody I would be able to talk to that day could or would take it down.

Wonder if they know about the  17 21 y.o would be cop killer who gets popped by LEO's being considered "another child vicitm of handgun violence"?

Fixed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks... glad someone corrected that for me. I'd hate to get the "facts" wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top