Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 1:01:04 PM EDT
Ok, I've washed and dried my clothing for the last 9 years without using any of that fabric softener shit.

I've been forced to frequent a Laundromat for the past couple of weeks, so this weekend I went to my uncle's house and his wife ran my clothes through their laundry.

A sheet of bounce brand softener was used in each drier load.

FUCK!

This shit not only STINKS to high heaven, it makes the cloth feel oily.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Softner, hrm?

I always felt that my clothes weren't "manly" enough when it was used.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You're bitching because someone did your laundry.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No.

I'm bitching that bounce makes your clothes stink and feel oily.

I'm glad she did it, and didn't say anything other than thanking her several times.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Downy Vanilla and Lavender makes your clothes feel all warm and snuggly fresh smelling.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You talking about the pads you put in the dryer ?

Never, EVER, EVER, use fabric softner on your bath towels.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I HATE fabric softener!  

Especially on my towels.  You're right, they feel oily.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
What, you didnt get enough responses on PB?  

I like the Downey Free stuff and Big Jim and the twins likes it too
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I HATE fabric softener!  

I never put softener on towels, you cant get dry
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I'm glad she did it, and didn't say anything other than thanking her several times.

My wife uses fabric softener with every load. She doesn't like the Bounce sheets either because of some reaction she gets..she uses the liquid stuff. You should try it for  awhile; I think you'd like the difference with the clothes feeling a bit different.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I HATE fabric softener!  

I never put softener on towels, you cant get dry

I thought I was the only one. I want my bath towels to be dry like the desert. Dry and crispy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What, you didnt get enough responses on PB?  

this is important, so I shared the warning with both boards

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
You should use Snuggles in the PINK box.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Use the liquid softener. It feels much better than the sheets. Also you can control the amount of softner you want. Water is hard around here
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#15]
My understanding is a "bounce" towel is only a wax sheet with perfume. It was design to cut down static in the dryer not soften. Perhaps I'm thinking about a different product.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I use Downy for shirts and slacks only.  I can pull them out of the perm press cycle of the dryer, hang them up and they look good.  I don't like it on anything else.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife uses those sheets, I don't find the smell overpowering or oily. But, everytime I put on a piece of clothing, there is a fabric sheet in the arm, leg, crotch, ass!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Fabric softeners are the cream rinse of the laundry industry.

My wife washed the car / motorcycle towles for me one time, then used Downey.
When I used them to dry her car off they left big streaks and smears and it took forever to get the water to dry off.

I had to wash them a couple of times in hot water with bleach to get the stuff out of the towels.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fabric softeners are the cream rinse of the laundry industry.

My wife washed the car / motorcycle towles for me one time, then used Downey.
When I used them to dry her car off they left big streaks and smears and it took forever to get the water to dry off.

I had to wash them a couple of times in hot water with bleach to get the stuff out of the towels.

Oh crap, good thing I read this, just bought a bunch of those microfiber towels, lucky the wife didn't get to clean the dirty ones yet
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#20]
If you are a male and you are single, DO NOT USE fabric softener!!!

Girls use fabric softener to tell other giirls that YOU ARE TAKEN and off the menu. I'm telling you, a chick gets one whiff of fabric softener on your clothes and she knows that you're either married or taken already.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Girls use fabric softener to tell other giirls that YOU ARE TAKEN and off the menu. I'm telling you, a chick gets one whiff of fabric softener on your clothes and she knows that you're either married or taken already.

there ya go

suddenly this is no longer the gayest thread I've started

... and here I thought the ladies avoided me because I'm overweight, mean, and walk around with a scowl on my face all day.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Downy makes a big difference in my clothes...much better than without...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#23]
The manufacturer of my hiking socks recommend that you use fabric softener in their socks it kind of acts as a libricant to prevent wear on the fibers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

But it could work in your favor.  If the gals think that you're involved they'll want want some other woman has.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#25]
beyatches love the smell of fabric softner... I don't know hom many times it's been an icebreaker when some girl asks me "who does your laundry? you smell nice..."  And when I tell them I've done my own since I was in the 5th grade... it's like putty in my hands.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#26]
If your clothes feel oily and the scent is too strong, too much softener and too many dryer sheets were used.

I always use a small amount of softener and one dryer sheet per load and never have this problem the rest of you have. I used to use more of both and the clothes felt and smelled nasty, then I figured out the problem and made changes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#27]
When fabric softner is the number one post on Active Topics it is time to go play guitar.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If your clothes feel oily and the scent is too strong, too much softener and too many dryer sheets were used.

I always use a small amount of softener and one dryer sheet per load and never have this problem the rest of you have. I used to use more of both and the clothes felt and smelled nasty, then I figured out the problem and made changes.

You mean that you're not supposed to put the whole box in the dryer?

I'm surprised that nobody has posted a photo of Gene Wilder with the sheep and bottle of Woolite from Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top