Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 10:21:32 AM EDT
A friend of mine bought a pack of these online a ways back and can't remember where from. I'm trying to find some 12-gauge PRACTICE flares that can be launched from a small plastic handheld launcher. I emphasize practice because I would hate to buy a pack and launch them near my house (which is on the ocean) and have the red flare bringing in the coast guard. I believe the practice flares are orange. Anyone know where I can find these? Google wasn't helpful, but then again I suck at the internet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Gotta bring this one back to the front page
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
try walmart
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Any flare attracts the attention of the Coast Guard.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to post this in the survival forum. I know there are several companies that sell signal-type flares in survival kits. Most of the stuff I have links to in my ammo bookmarks is meant to be fired out of real weapons and not the plastic sort you mention.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Any flare attracts the attention of the Coast Guard.  

Good point.....think they'd be pissed if they sent in a rescue squad on a few guys playing around with flares on the beach?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Call the CG and let them know that you are shooting off flares for training.  They will let you know when and where.  Just do yourself a favor and call the local fire dept and let them know also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Call the CG and let them know that you are shooting off flares for training.  They will let you know when and where.  Just do yourself a favor and call the local fire dept and let them know also.

I'm not really training though, just farting around with 'em
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Big +1 on the call them idea.  Chances are, they're just normal people like us.  If you talk to them and tell them you're curious how the flares work, but you don't want to alarm anyone or do anything dangerous, chances are they'll tell you what's safe and what's stupid.  It's amazing all the good information that is out there just for the asking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top