Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:19:23 AM EDT
Ok, was wondering if anybody else had a problem with these things, and if maybe somebody knew what they were and how to get rid of them.

Basicly, there's some sort of bug/worm thingy, that after comming into contact with it after being outside, you track in an awfull smell. Basicly, it smells like if your dog had eaten a rotten mouse and was being flatulent.

Anytime I, or the dogs, come into contact with this thing, I have to completely mop the floor to get rid of the smell. Last night it was so bad, I had to shower afterwards.

I think it's a kind of worm or something, but not positive.

Heads up anyone?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They smell just like shit. I call them shitbugs. I don't know what they are. If they land on you, you will smell like shit too. I hate the fuckers.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]

At times I am glad I livein the desert.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
never encountered that
my cat does have a bad habit of dropping bombs that stink up the whole apartment though, even after he buries it in the litter box
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
ive always called them stink bugs, when i was a kid a friend and i found a bunch of them in a group and started killing them, i almost got sick it was so bad.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ive always called them stink bugs, when i was a kid a friend and i found a bunch of them in a group and started killing them, i almost got sick it was so bad.

Reminds me of "the bubblegum worm" that attacked our Gundams while a friend and I were playing out on the sidewalk many years ago. It was disgusting. I stomped it flat and we resumed playing. Then we heard a hissing noise and this pink, ugly caterpillar I had stomped flat was inflating itself and crawling toward us again! This time I jumped up and down on it repeatedly until it resembled chewed gum, but it still was moving! We grabbed our stuff and moved to the other end of the sidewalk. We checked on it a couple hours later. The sun had dried to a crisp... several feet away from where I had well and truly smashed it.

Zombie worm?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife and 2 year old son had a stomach bug last week...There was crap and spew flying in every direction..just now getting the smell out
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:32:14 AM EDT
[#7]
So are they only native to Missouri? Strange that the only people who have heard of them are from here..........................I'd really like to know if there was someway to keep them away. Damn they stink....................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top