Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 6:49:22 AM EDT
Came across this site, they want alot of personal info. Anybody ever done something similar - $1000 at Home Depot sounds cool.

http://retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/rrc1000/register.php?p=rrc1000&lid=::ex-00_120x600mintRRCentertain&nopop=1

ETA Dont know how to make it hot - sorry.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Came across this site, they want alot of personal info. Anybody ever done something similar - $1000 at Home Depot sounds cool.

http://retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/rrc1000/register.php?p=rrc1000&lid=::ex-00_120x600mintRRCentertain&nopop=1

ETA Dont know how to make it hot - sorry.

retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/rrc1000/register.php?p=rrc1000&lid=::ex-00_120x600mintRRCentertain&nopop=1

Try what looks like links of chain under globe on the button bar

ETA - I'm slow
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife does it once in a while. She saves money on eye glasses and
gets reimbersed for meals at Sonic. You have to do a little paper work
to get that free cheese burger though. I help her with it. It's not bad.
Don't quit your day job because your not going to make a lot of money.
She saves about $125 on glasses.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Read the Fine Print, and there lies your answer. It is a marketing scam. They advertise 1000 gift card, but they say in the fine print that after you spend alot of money buying six of their advertisers products they will basically send you $25 bucks gift certificate.

Specific Terms and Conditions for the RetailReportCard.com (RRC) Membership Incentive Promotions: This offer is available to US residents only.  Participants must be at least 18 years of age. To receive the free membership incentive gift card you must complete all of the steps outlined herein.  Prospective members must: (a) submit their zip code to determine geographic eligibility; (b) register with a valid and deliverable email address; (c) submit accurate contact and demographic information including a mailing address and phone number; (d) select a retail store in their area where they would be willing to shop; (e) acquire two advertiser action points from each of RRC's three Offer Groups for a total of six advertiser action points. Action points are earned when a RRC user fully completes an advertiser offer after accessing the offer by clicking on a link provided on the RRC website or from the RRC member area. Attempting to gain action points in any way other than clicking on the advertiser links provided by RRC will result in the cancellation of your RRC membership.  Please understand that this means completing two offers from the Top Offers group, two offers from the Prime Offers group, and two offers from the Premium Offers group. The Prime Offers group and Premium Offers group may be accessed from the RRC member area. (f) you must complete and return an Incentive Program Redemption Form after accumulating the required action points.  The form may be downloaded from the member area after you have earned six points.  Please understand that failure to supply current and accurate address and demographic information on the redemption form may hinder our ability to deliver the incentive gift card to you.  

In cases of a financial offer such as a credit card, the card must be activated by making a purchase, balance transfer or cash advance in order for the offer to be considered "completed", and the user must remain a card holder for at least 60 days. For paid retail offers you must accept the item/service and pay in full. Additional terms and conditions may apply to participation in select marketing offers.  You should read the terms of each offer as provided by the advertiser for an explanation of these terms where they exist.

RRC reserves the right to require individuals to provide documentation demonstrating they have completed the advertiser requirements prior to incentive gift card redemption in cases where that information is unavailable from the advertiser.

You have up to ninety days from the original date of your membership registration to complete the membership incentive program and redeem your incentive gift card.  Your gift card eligibility is secured as soon as you complete two offers from each of the three offer groups and submit your Incentive Program Redemption Form. Once you meet the offer completion requirements, you will need to login to your account to print off your redemption certificate. Once we have received your verification, your gift card will be sent within thirty days. Gift redemptions are limited to one gift per household.  If you have registered for multiple membership incentive gift promotions, you will be given your choice of gift items upon the submission of your Incentive Program Redemption Form.  
Please note that it may take up to eight weeks for our marketing partners to report to us that you have completed their offer. Please be patient while our marketing partners report back to us. You may check your redemption status at anytime through our member interface area at http://retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/rrc1000/status.php   Simply log in using the same email address with which you registered.
RetailReportCard store review program. CRC periodically conducts retail store reviews using members of the RetailReportCard.com website.  RRC members who wish to participate in any of these retailer reviews may apply to do so through the member interface area at http://retailreportcard.producttestpanel.com/rrc1000/status.php.  CRC will select members to do retailer reviews based on criteria specific to each test.  Selected members will be notified via email explaining the review process.  Selected members will be sent a gift card ranging from $25 to $1000 in value to the store to be reviewed along with a report card detailing specific areas (such as quality of service, store cleanliness, product selection) where the member must assign the store a rating of 0 to 100. (with 0 being very poor and 100 being excellent).  The member must then go to the specific store location and spend at least 90% of the value of the gift card they received on items of their choosing while carefully observing things in the store related to the areas to be graded.  After completing their shopping experience, the member must return the completed retail report card to CRC along with a legible copy of the receipt evidencing the date and time of their shopping experience.  The member may keep all goods purchased in conjunction with the store review program.  However, failure to return the completed retail report card and/or a legible copy of the receipt will result in the immediate and permanent cancellation of the member's CRC membership. No purchase is required for participation in the store review program and all RetailReportCard.com members are encouraged to apply.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, i used a fake name to get to the end of the part where they show you what to buy. And you have to buy two of these 3 things in order to qualify. You have to either sign up for Vonage, or Buy a Car (yes you read that right), or buy a sattelite dish system.

What a rip.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
the old lady worked for such a joint typing up reports at the hq for a couple of years. It was a scam, but she was paid well in the office. got a lot of "perks" eating at corporate and franchise kaka joints. Used to drag me along for "reviews".
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Stormtrooper, and Others

I read the privacy policy etc. , but I guess I didn't read as thorough as you did. I knew it sounded too good to be true. Thats why I wanted to ask Ya'll. Hell $1000 @ Home Depot = a new riding lawnmower is what I was thinking.

Then I could spend that $1000 on a basic AR and mags :)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#8]
We used to have secret shoppers come into the autoparts store that I used to work in. They'd come in and act like a dumbass and ask what plugs you recommend and then they'd try to buy like 7 of them for a 4 cylinder car. If you didn't recommend the plugs that were on sale that month you got docked points. It was all BS the store manager knew most of them and they'd just chat it up for an hour or so and the "secret shopper" would leave. One time a Champion rep came in as a secret shopper and asked what kind of plugs my buddy recommends for his Suburban. AC Delco being OE he said that Delco plugs would be the best. Guy pulled out a $50 bill and said "if you had said Champion, this would be yours" and walked out of the store.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#9]
there are a lot of secret shopper scams, then there are a couple of companies that actually do it, if they ask for any money or anything its a scam. otherwise theres some good companies. I used to work for one that did alcahol policy compliance checks for some major stores. I made about $100 a week, and got a ton of free beer. it was a good supplement for a college kid, but not much more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top