Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 4:12:21 AM EDT
Is it sinful to kill your self in order to save some one else.

Like say some one needed your liver and your a matching donor, would it be a sin to kill your self in order to give this person your liver?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Would it come with fava beans...?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
It may not be sinful, but it's pretty stupid, in most cases.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know, I believe suicide is self murder, & one of the commandents is not to murder. Thr bible also says no greater love hath a man, than he lay down his life for another. That's what Jesus did for mankind. He could have climed off the cross of his own accord, but like he said, not my will, but your's be done dad.
So looking at Jesus as our example, I would say no. as long as the Dr was the one who took your liver & your life there by, at your request while you were still alive.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Always look out for #1.  I think it's in the bible somewhere...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it IS a sin,but the hero factor on it is hard to top.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Agreed...however,  In the case of a I might make an exception....

Gwen
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a guy on death row that is scheduled for execution in days and wants to give his liver to his sister.  Interesting problem for law.  Lethal injection would likely damage that liver making it un-usable.  I'd say let him die donating but I'm not the physician that would be taking it from him while he was breathing.

Looks like it ain't gonna happen.

www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-liver21.html
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You can do whatever you want with your own body. Does it specifically say anywhere in the bible that killing yourself is a sin, or is it just your opinion that homocide and suicide are the same thing?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is it sinful to kill your self in order to save some one else.

Like say some one needed your liver and your a matching donor, would it be a sin to kill your self in order to give this person your liver?

Has this got some lame connection tot he Death Row inmate that wanted a delay in his execution so he could donate his?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed...however,  In the case of a I might make an exception....

Gwen

God's name isn't Gwen and he for sure doesn't live in Cali.

??!!

sigh

Oh for goodness sakes...
Lighten up!

I am not now, or never have claimed to be, God, or even a good human being. Nor do I expect to be raised to god/dess status on some other plane of existence.   Please see COC #1, which I support.

If you were offended, my regrets.  The remark was made in JEST, about trolls.

with all good wishes,

Gwen
Upholding COC #!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You can do whatever you want with your own body. Does it specifically say anywhere in the bible that killing yourself is a sin, or is it just your opinion that homocide and suicide are the same thing?

the bible doesn't speak out against suicide, the church did, but who the fuck cares what the church says

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top