Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 3:33:23 PM EDT
I'm sure youve probably seen the 37mm M-203 lookalike flare launchers, I've been considering one to use to attach to an AR-15 in standard A2 configuration to replicate the M-16A2, M-203 combination, but I also got the idea that it could also come in handy for home defense, as I could also load a beanbag round in there but I heared that possetion of a 37mm launcher and "anti-personel rounds", which beanbags are aparently considered would constitute a destructive device is this correct?....  Also I see 12 gauge adapters for these would installing one of these turn it into a short barreled shotgun?....  Does anyone have one of these attached to your rifle, what is your expirence with it, and would you post pictures?....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
yep any anti personell rounds will turn it into a DD requiring a $200 form 1.

now if you happen to have paid that I could see some aluminum darts being quite fun at the range, especially if you find a way to make a rocket assist for them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to www.37mm.com
for better info.

The 12 guage adapters are for 12 guage flares not regular shotgun rds.
They are usually made of nylon not metal.

Shooting anything that put alot of chamber pressure on the 37mm launcher designed for flares
w/ an aluminum barrel such as a beanbag or baton rd is just begging for a KB.

The launchers designed for AP rds are OK but most manufacturers don't sell to civvies.

Anything that goes boom nowadays is a big no-no without paperwork.

Ahhh... the days of $5 birdbombs.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm...

Maybe you could build a Tannerite BIG ASS bird bomb.... use a primer ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hmmm...

Maybe you could build a Tannerite BIG ASS bird bomb.... use a primer ?

theres pictures on the internet of some guy who blew off his hand doing that
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know where I can find some mounting hardware for one of the Cobray 37mm launchers?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one by these guys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I cant find it on the neet anymore but someone was making semi-auto mk19's for about 28,000.  Only 1 tax stamp too. If I only had money to burn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top