Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2005 2:53:07 PM EDT
For my lunch break, afplayboy and I ran to the grocery store to buy some water.  We got there knowing that there would be a lot of people so it would be difficult to find a parking spot.  To start off, there were a bunch of people hanging around their cars just talking.  If you are going to just hang out and talk, don't hang out by the car....go somewhere else.  So, we go to the next lane and there is this lady walking down the MIDDLE of the lane!  Afplayboy reved his engine a little and she turned around and shook her finger at us!!  Finally, he just drops me off at the front of the store so I can run in.  I get in and start walking down an aisle and there are these two ladies, both with carts, standing side by side taking up the ENTIRE aisle just TALKING!!  So, I asked them if they could move to one side so other people could get by and one of the ladies turn around and snapped at me saying, "We are in the middle of a conversation, you can wait."  WTF!!  This is a STORE!!  NOT A MEETING PLACE!!  So finally I get my stuff and leave.  At this point, Afplayboy had found a spot and started to come in.  So we walk back to the car and get ready to back up and this stupid lady just sits in her car behind us and DOESN'T MOVE!!!!  When we finally get out of our spot and go to turn out of the lane, 3 cars turn into our lane and cut off our way out.....they just kept coming and didn't even pay attention to the fact that wewere trying to get out.  It wouldn't have made a difference if the first person didn't stop almost immediately after they entered the lane but they did so it stopped everyone else up and no one would back up.

Finally, we got back to work.  I swear...I'm never leaving work again unless it's to go home.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For my lunch break, afplayboy and I ran to the grocery store to buy some water.  We got there knowing that there would be a lot of people so it would be difficult to find a parking spot.  To start off, there were a bunch of people hanging around their cars just talking.  If you are going to just hang out and talk, don't hang out by the car....go somewhere else.  So, we go to the next lane and there is this lady walking down the MIDDLE of the lane!  Afplayboy reved his engine a little and she turned around and shook her finger at us!!  Finally, he just drops me off at the front of the store so I can run in.  I get in and start walking down an aisle and there are these two ladies, both with carts, standing side by side taking up the ENTIRE aisle just TALKING!!  So, I asked them if they could move to one side so other people could get by and one of the ladies turn around and snapped at me saying, "We are in the middle of a conversation, you can wait."  WTF!!  This is a STORE!!  NOT A MEETING PLACE!!  So finally I get my stuff and leave.  At this point, Afplayboy had found a spot and started to come in.  So we walk back to the car and get ready to back up and this stupid lady just sits in her car behind us and DOESN'T MOVE!!!!  When we finally get out of our spot and go to turn out of the lane, 3 cars turn into our lane and cut off our way out.....they just kept coming and didn't even pay attention to the fact that wewere trying to get out.  It wouldn't have made a difference if the first person didn't stop almost immediately after they entered the lane but they did so it stopped everyone else up and no one would back up.

Finally, we got back to work.  I swear...I'm never leaving work again unless it's to go home.

Damn!  You were Wayyyyyy more polite than I would have been!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
At times like that..........

Draw Down!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the people haters club.

Drinking is optional.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Drinking is optional.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Drinking is optional.

I am a proud member of this club and I will definitely drink to that!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drinking is optional.

I am a proud member of this club and I will definitely drink to that!  

Once the hatred reaches a certain level however, drinking is pretty much required !  

I would have totally lost my cool if two women blocking the aisle would have told me I need to wait until they were done chatting!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Should have told the lady to STFU and pushed her cart out of the way.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What really burns me is the idiotic employees in stores that are EXACTLY where you want to be blocking the way.  I want to be there employee, not you.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I would have done that....but she was HUGE!!!!  I would have gotten squashed!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have done that....but she was HUGE!!!!  I would have gotten squashed!!!!!

Mmmm - juicy lawsuit, especially if the store has security cameras  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#11]
bigger they are, the easier it is to knock them off balance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drinking is optional.

Amen.

Frtloop...were they all janitors?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have said, "Excuse me Senator Kennedy, but I must get through, National Security, I am sure you understand!"

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just make sure they wouldnt get hurt/knock stuff off the shelf and go into bull dozer mode.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just make sure they wouldnt get hurt/knock stuff off the shelf and go into bull dozer mode.

Heck....if there was any lawsuit, it wouldn't be against the store...it would be against her.  And if it's all on the store's security tape, she wouldn't get any money out of me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#16]
thread title covers 75% of internet users

but I agree with you 100%
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#17]
You should have read my thread a few months ago about the stinky people in line at the store on sunday morning, ya that was fun......
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
bigger they are, the easier it is to knock them off balance.

stay low and keep a wide base, and they'll go down hard...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Personally, I think the NoVA area has more rude, selfish people per acre than any other place in the country.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Personally, I think the NoVA area has more rude, selfish people per acre than any other place in the country.  

I agree with you 100%.  I've lived here for 15 years and have hated every bit of it.  I can't wait to get out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You should have read my thread a few months ago about the stinky people in line at the store on sunday morning, ya that was fun......

I can only imagine....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you 100%.  I've lived here for 15 years and have hated every bit of it.  I can't wait to get out.

Amen.  I've got about a year and a half left of my sentence assignment at the five-sided wind tunnel.  Can't wait to go back west where I belong.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen.  I've got about a year and a half left of my sentence assignment at the five-sided wind tunnel.  Can't wait to go back west where I belong.

Haha!!!  That's exactly where I am...this all happened at the Harris Teeter across the highway.

I PRAY that I will be out of here and on my way to Texas in about the same about of time as you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, stupid people do suck, however, if you learn the "make a hole" with command voice technique* you will find it most effective.

* saying “make a hole” with the deepest voice as loud as you can with out cracking your voice can part even the largest drunken louts out of your way.  Just don’t look anyone in the eyes while doing this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Haha!!!  That's exactly where I am...this all happened at the Harris Teeter across the highway.

Would this by any chance be the Harris Teeter by the TJ Maxx in Fairfax City? 'Cause if so, I know that place...

With the people blocking the aisle, I'd have been all "Bitch, get your filthy blabbering ass out of my cart's way before I give you a wire-mesh wedgie!"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would this by any chance be the Harris Teeter by the TJ Maxx in Fairfax City? 'Cause if so, I know that place...

With the people blocking the aisle, I'd have been all "Bitch, get your filthy blabbering ass out of my cart's way before I give you a wire-mesh wedgie!"

It's the Harris Teeter by Pentagon City Mall.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#27]
it has something to do with harris teeter  

every one ive ever been to has been overrun with SPECIAL people....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I was just at that mall yesterday - did the Norfolk to DC and back to meet with some guys from NMCC.  If I was at the Pentagon I would have to live close enough to run or bike in to work.  No way could I drive  that every day.

Just one question - I thought that NoVA and DC had pretty good water coming out of the tap.  Why buy water?  In R, or VA Beach for sure, but I like Alexandria H2O.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just at that mall yesterday - did the Norfolk to DC and back to meet with some guys from NMCC.  If I was at the Pentagon I would have to live close enough to run or bike in to work.  No way could I drive  that every day.

Just one question - I thought that NoVA and DC had pretty good water coming out of the tap.  Why buy water?  In R, or VA Beach for sure, but I like Alexandria H2O.

I've gotten so used to only driniking bottled water.  With the amount of time I travelled overseas, I got out of the habit.

But to me, the water from the tap has a funny taste to it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also only live about 7 miles from work...so the drive isn't bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I used to work at that Harris Teeter....and I HATED it...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Not been to that one, but I know the area. Pentagon city holds a special horror for me ever since, one winter, on the same weekend as some anime-convention, I walked into a CVS to get some cough drops and saw a skinny little asian guy with a weedy mustache in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform... complete with miniskirt. Now, every time I go to there, I'm afraid I shall see more gender-bender horrors.

Quoted:

Yeah, ours is pretty good, but it's got a sort of a "flavor" that I don't care for much, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

Quoted:

The one by me is always just about abandoned. There's no reason at all to go there instead of Safeway or Super H Mart (which I think is a local chain, but they have the absolute freshest produce. It's a Korean grocery, though, so if you go there, be prepared to smell the strongest fish smell outside of Fulton Street).
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not been to that one, but I know the area. Pentagon city holds a special horror for me ever since, one winter, on the same weekend as some anime-convention, I walked into a CVS to get some cough drops and saw a skinny little asian guy with a weedy mustache in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform... complete with miniskirt. Now, every time I go to there, I'm afraid I shall see more gender-bender horrors.

I used to work at the Harris Teeter there and the employees were HORRIBLE....the people that shop there are even worse.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The one by me is always just about abandoned. There's no reason at all to go there instead of Safeway or Super H Mart (which I think is a local chain, but they have the absolute freshest produce. It's a Korean grocery, though, so if you go there, be prepared to smell the strongest fish smell outside of Fulton Street).

Are you talking about the Hanareem (or however you spell that)??
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hanh-Ah-Reum, yeah. Super H Mart is run by them, but is much bigger.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hanh-Ah-Reum, yeah. Super H Mart is run by them, but is much bigger.

I've always wanted to go there...but my boyfriend doesn't like korean food so me making something korean would be a waste of time...lol
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I've always wanted to go there...but my boyfriend doesn't like korean food so me making something korean would be a waste of time...lol

LOL Just make what you want, slap it between two slices of bread, and say, "Look, Papi, I made you a sammich!"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well, I go there all the time and I never cook anything Asian. It's the best place around to buy okra (and most other produce), so make him some gumbo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL Just make what you want, slap it between two slices of bread, and say, "Look, Papi, I made you a sammich!"

LMAO!!!

He would be two times as happy.  With me calling him Papi and making him a sammich....lol
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO!!!

He would be two times as happy.  With me calling him Papi and making him a sammich....lol

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So, I asked them if they could move to one side so other people could get by and one of the ladies turn around and snapped at me saying, "We are in the middle of a conversation, you can wait."  

My reply: "Your ass is going to be in the middle of my foot when I kick it if you dont move it biatch!"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So, I asked them if they could move to one side so other people could get by and one of the ladies turn around and snapped at me saying, "We are in the middle of a conversation, you can wait."  

My reply: "Your ass is going to be in the middle of my foot when I kick it if you dont move it biatch!"

If you were a 110 lb female up against two 300 lb females, thats a bad idea....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just reach in their carts, snatch out the twinkies and bonbons, and make a run for it!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just reach in their carts, snatch out the twinkies and bonbons, and make a run for it!

You sure you wanna get between a fat lady and her twinkies??  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO!!!

fo shizzle
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO!!!

fo shizzle

You talk like that you won't get either
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Grab the Twinkies and run, damn now that is funny,
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#48]
you lose 4 arfcom points for not drawing down on everyone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
you lose 4 arfcom points for not drawing down on everyone.

I was at work...I can't have my gun on me or on the property....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Grab the Twinkies and run, damn now that is funny,

You feelin' all better now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top