Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 12:29:29 PM EDT
Is the value of your gun collection more than the value of your wife/gf's jewelry?

My wife's jewelry has my gun collection beat by at least 5 or 6 to one in dollar amounts and far more in sheer numbers.

But I'm gaining.

BTW:  For the women:  Is your gun collection worth more than your husbands/bf's? And if so, what does that mean, if anything?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I think my bf and I have pretty much the same value in guns.  Mine might be a bit more.  But, he has and HK USPC .45 and an AK-47.  I have a walther P-22, Marlin 60 and an AR15.

As far as my jewelry goes.  I don't have very expensive jewelry....or very much even.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Guns?  Sheesh, no contest!  Even throw in the jewelry, and I'm behind!  I have quite a bit, but nothing tremendously expensive, as I prefer small, dainty pieces.

Hmmmm... guess I need to go SHOPPIN'!!!

Actually, if you throw in cookware, kitchen gadgets and appliances, china and crystal... he probably needs a new gun or two to catch up!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guns?  Sheesh, no contest!  Even throw in the jewelry, and I'm behind!  I have quite a bit, but nothing tremendously expensive, as I prefer small, dainty pieces.

Actually, if you throw in cookware, kitchen gadgets and appliances, china and crystal... he probably needs a new gun or two to catch up!

Haha!!  I forgot about bakeware.    Then my value is much more.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
GUNS
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think my bf and I have pretty much the same value in guns.  Mine might be a bit more.  But, he has and HK USPC .45 and an AK-47.  I have a walther P-22, Marlin 60 and an AR15.

As far as my jewelry goes.  I don't have very expensive jewelry....or very much even.

I think I love you frtloop85...

No, I don't really

Hell, with the engagement ring alone, I'm barely holding my own. Ammo...now that's another story.

Fortunately, I'm not a gunaholic. I have my "needed" firearms. There are more I "want" but I have neither the $, space, time nor energy to procure and care for more.

Praise ___________, my wife is pretty low maintenance.

But if necessary, I can/will raise my maintenance factor to meet hers!

P.S.... FWIW....in a pinch, I'd rather have an AR...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I love you frtloop85...

No, I don't really

Haha!!  I think that's one of the things that my bf likes.  I'm very low maintenance....as long as he is around, I don't need him to buy me jewelry or anything.  The only jewelry I wear is a promise ring he bought me for christmas, a watch I bought myself, a necklace he bought me when we first started dating and cheap earrings that I bought at Claires.

As far as guns go....I would much rather have guns and bakeware than jewelry.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Minus the pot you turned soup into carbon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]
We are tied, for now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm still trying to catch up to the damn beenie baby collection from a few years ago.... and i'm a dealer.  

as far as jewelry goes, my wife doesn't wear much.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i'm still trying to catch up to the damn beenie baby collection from a few years ago.... and i'm a dealer.  

Holy guacamole!!!  You're a dealer and the wife owns more in beenies than you own guns???  Do you live in a beenie baby museum??  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Minus the pot you turned soup into carbon.

lol shhhhhhhh, I have a very nice copper bottom pot to replace that one!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

*deep sigh*
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy guacamole!!!  You're a dealer and the wife owns more in beenies than you own guns???  Do you live in a beenie baby museum??  

no, he lives in a target rich enviornment.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*deep sigh*

It's true...I'm a typical homemaker that loves guns.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Jewelry??? What the fuck is that???
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*deep sigh*

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*deep sigh*

And soon Mami....we will be close enough to hang out.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*deep sigh*

That's right!  I'll give you my chicken soup recipe, if you'll give me your potato soup recipe!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*deep sigh*

That's right!  I'll give you my chicken soup recipe, if you'll give me your potato soup recipe!

Deal...it's my grandmothers....so you know it's gonna be good.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The currency of many relationships.  

Women in relationships take jewelry in exchange for forgiving you for doing stupid crap, putting up with your stupid crap for years at a time, and for certain other things, as long as the quid pro quo is not too obvious (usually)......

Notice how I use the word jewelry in just one line of the initial post and practically every woman on this site has posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Women in relationships take jewelry in exchange for forgiving you for doing stupid crap, putting up with your stupid crap for years at a time, and for certain other things, as long as the quid pro quo is not too obvious (usually)......

Notice how I use the word jewelry in just one line of the initial post and practically every woman on this site has posted in this thread.

I've seen TWO...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen TWO...

Isn't that about half of you guys here?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#24]
She isn't even close.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen TWO...

Isn't that about half of you guys here?  

Ummmm.... no
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude....in addition to it being just myself and M_M that have posted in this thread, we have both said that as far as jewelry goes, we don't have much.  I can't speak for her but I even said what jewelry I wear...and that's only 4 things...two of which i bought for me and the other two were gifts from my boyfriend.  A christmas gift (which I never asked for) and a gift after dating for a month (which again, I never asked for).
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#27]
   I have WAY more in guns then she has in jewelry. That said she did get a real nice diamond ring for 10th anniversary, her choice, lets just say I could buy a couple of LEO Colts and have money left over. She also got a ruger bearcat SS SA. She was blasting with it in the back today. I believe she likes it better then the ring now.  Had the biggest damn grin on her face the whole time.
   She DID have some really nice stuff when we met but sold a lot of it because she was in CC debt and she wanted to get out of it on her own. I would not have paid it off anyways, but she knew that I was not a CC kind of guy and I hate debt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top