Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/21/2005 8:57:58 AM EDT
There's no way to know if it was posed or not, but this is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen.

Clearly the cause this VC soldier fought for was wrong, but I bet he was just some poor kid caught up in a terrible war, trying to do what he thought was right for his country.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
"The only good VC is a dead VC"

"Inside every gook is an Americian trying to get out"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
thats war, deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck him.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]

War is hell, but you're not going to
get me to weep for a guy who probably
killed Americans just because he
died with a picture of his girl next
to him.

I know that there are plenty of
Americans that have been in that
position. I'll save my thoughts and
tears for them.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
it's a sad picture, but every casualty has a loved one who will miss them. every one. that's why its called a "casualty"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thats war, deal with it.

+1 Sad but true...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Almost everyone is a hero in their own mind, from Osama Bin Laden to Joseph Stalin.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There's no way to know if it was posed or not, but this is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/935750/vc-dead.jpg

Clearly the cause this VC soldier fought for was wrong, but I bet he was just some poor kid caught up in a terrible war, trying to do what he thought was right for his country.

Sad equivocating
Fuck that Enemy Fighter.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
My guess is that it's not staged so much as it was probably taken after the body and his gear were searched for intel. the stuf looks to "organised" in a way to have just fallen like that when he was killed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#10]
fuck that bastard

the only good charlie/skinny/hadji,
is a dead charlie/skinny/hadji

the whole reason he has that big bag of bullets is to kill americans with them. better him than me.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#11]
[Animal Mother] If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is poontang. [/Animal Mother]

I don't feel sorry for the fucker at all. Fuck him and his rice-eating hooker.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#12]
"this is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen."

You clearly need to see more pictures...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I think he needs to go to war.  this is light stuff.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#14]
that's sad? and he's VC? after I read he was VC, I LAUGHED!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Not the saddest picture i have ever seen.

That picture where the mother is feeding her child to the wood chipper....that was pretty damn sad...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#17]

father and son killed during my lai massacre by us soldiers
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That picture where the mother is feeding her child to the wood chipper....that was pretty damn sad...

WTF DUDE!?
I don't want to even...OMG, you have to quit looking at shit like that.
You Mother^&*#er, there goes my day...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I make a distinction between sad and horrifying. Ogrish and Rotten are full of pictures of things much worse than this but gore overpowers the sadness. Pictures like those inspire revulsion or rage, rarely pity (for me at least).
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
www.inwhoseinterest.org/images/photo_v_my_lai2.jpg

War is hell nobody said it was a picnic
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Do you have any more like that? I like to make my Christmas cards early.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So who is THIS POS ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

link??
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't feel sorry for that guy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I think black and white pictures detach us from the reality of what is depicted.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#26]

the women and children in this picture were all shot shortly after this photo was taken by us soldiers
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Our Nation is producing a stack of Children with no National Pride, or worse, fucked-up little bastards actively working to tear us down from within.

Kill a Liberal Teacher. Do it today.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
www.pbs.org/ktca/americanphotography/features/war/mylai_big.jpg

the women and children in this picture were all shot shortly after this photo was taken by us soldiers

It wouldn't have happened if I was there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think black and white pictures detach us from the reality of what is depicted.

the reality is there is a dead

my reality is i have several members of my family who i never got to meet due to the Vietman war.  I have an uncle who is still over there his remains were never found.

I have no sympathy for a Black and white pic of a dead

NO MORE DEROGATORY NAMES EdSr
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Our Nation is producing a stack of Children with no National Pride, or worse, fucked-up little bastards actively working to tear us down from within.

Their lives are so empty and meaningless, self loathing and negativity are all they are capable of.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Definitely, like soldiers coming home from Nam to be spit on for protecting my rights...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the reality is there is a dead vc

my reality is i have several members of my family who i never got to meet due to the Vietman war.

I have no sympathy for a Black and white pic of a dead vc

You've got to let go of that hatred man. It'll eat you  up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Oh well...at least they let them get a quick snapshot in first, so it wasn't a total loss.  
Do us a big favor here, fella...fuck off.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

link??

Ben
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my reality is i have several members of my family who i never got to meet due to the Vietman war.

You've got to let go of that hatred man. It'll eat you  up.

i'm walking away from this
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was agreeing with you, when i see color pictures of terrible shit i don't feel anything except sometimes rage and revulsion (rarely). It is too much like real life, our mind shuts down, doesn't allow for an "emotional" interpretation of it. In black and white pictures we are shielded from this, then we can comprehend the picture almost as if it were a work of art, it will make an emotional impact on us, but not necessary one in concert with reality.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah that picture is real sad.  Makes me cry there is only one of the little bastards lying there dead!  Are you also sad that he didn't get to use all that ammo on our brave men?  SCREW THAT GUY!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Kill a Liberal Teacher. Do it today.

Being able to empathize with common grunts of countries we have fought and having national pride are mutually exclusive?

How are these guys that much different than a typical American kid fighting in the Vietnam war?

How about WWII? How was German soldier all that different from an American soldier?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#39]
VC!

You VC?

BOOM!!!!

DEAD VC!!

FUCK THEM ALL TO HELL!!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You do know the vc did MUCH worse right?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Being able to empathize with common grunts of countries we have fought and having national pride are mutually exclusive?

How are these guys that much different than a typical American kid fighting in the Vietnam war?

How about WWII? How was German soldier all that different from an American soldier?

Are you serious?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

*** a Liberal Teacher. Do it today.

thats bold, but accurate. might what to edit, well ya know why
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?  

Can you answer the questions?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Clearly a posed propaganda photo, and all these years later, you fell for it.

Those Commies were good.......
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I think this is a shit topic considering a lot of the members here found against those people.
those fuckers didnt give a shit when they blasted our boys, NOW THAT SAD
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Yep, those are sad picture's. Sad that I wasn't the one who killed them. Very sad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Dude, your caption should be changed to: "Graphic picture, slightly sad".

At that point in time, he was the enemy.  So he had a girl.  Big deal.  Of course it sucks.  Of course you would rather eveyone got to go home to their girl.  Alas, it was not to be in this case.  When the killing starts, it's you and your buddies against them, and better them than you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#48]
I sense much anger in this thread...

Personally, I think it is sad that people (mostly young men) die in wars. This dead VC was probably not that different from the American that killed him, or the Americans he killed when he was alive. He was just doing the job he was sent to do, and so was the American that killed him.

There is an interview in one of the Band of Brothers DVD's where the guy from Virginia (the one who made it through the war in Europe without earning a purple heart) said "You know I've thought about that alot, and me and that other fella may have been real good friends. He may have liked to hunt and fish. But I had a job to do and so did he. But I think we could have been good friends."
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes, It seems they come in pairs now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#50]
it's red X now. I wanted to see what got everybody worked up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top