Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 8:46:36 AM EDT
Got an A-. Overall he was a fair person. We read a lot of ocngressional debates and source material. The only bad part of the class was that he only brought in people from his organization to guest lecture. He did let me set up a NRA guest lecturer and turned the class over to him.

I'll try and tak to the admin and have someone from NRA teach the class next year.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the good grade, and way to work to get somone in to show the other side of things. Nice to hear it was an overall good experiance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Always fight the good fight with respect and cordiality. This class gave me heart that when people know the facts, we will win.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
What was the general attitude as far as students go? Did most of them seem to be the type to by the BS? How was it as far as that aspect of the class? Did anyone come away questioning what the real goals of gun control are?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
No one questioned the "goals behind gun control," however, a number of students did conclude that gun control as a crime fighting tool only impacted law abiding citizens. Most were in favor of overturining the DC gun ban, by the end of class. SOme of the more liberal ones questioned why only "blacks" were disproportionately affected by these laws. They then realized the racist roots of gun control and took away some understanding of the necessity for an armed and free populace.

I personally learned much about the 14th amendment and the constitutional basis for guncontrol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool,

But this consititutional basis for gun control has me interested. Can you explain more.

ETA:I ask because the Atty.General of the US said in congressinal hearings back in 1934 that congress did not have the power to ban or register guns, but had the power to control and register them as part of a tax measure(thus why the NFA is A-OK).
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top