Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 8:43:27 AM EDT
And then leave them tied up barking in the backyard all the time?

My two fat, lazy, idiot neighbors bought a Husky earlier this year ... I have never once seen them walking this dog, playing with it, doing ANYTHING ... Right now it's out in the backyard crying for attention tied to a tree (since about 8 o'clock this morning) just far enough from their house so that it can't scratch at their door to get in. The only exercise this dog seems to get is running back in forth on a tether barking.

Do people even bother to research dogs and their needs before they buy them, or are these the idiots that just go into the fucking mall and go ... "oooo cute, lets get that one."
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a case for the 'Dog Whisperer'!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#2]
That poor Dog is gonna be a mean one. A dog's temperment is proportional to the amount of love and attention it receives.

P.S. - You should call the Humane Society on them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I f-king would love to have a job of throwing dog mistreaters in jail!!

you wont find a bigger dog lover than me. my girlfriends have to first understand that they will never be more important to me than my dog.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a house three blocks down from mine that has a really cute yellow lab in a small 5X7ft pen.  The lab looks at least 30lbs overweight.  I have been wanting to take bolt cutters and take the dog.  Pretty sad........
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#5]
you should.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
On top of it the woman is a chronic smoker (when we sit out on our porch we can literally see clouds of smoke pouring out of the window) and this dog is a typical birugh fluffy white Husky ... Being in that environment that dog is going to be a nasty yellow color by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]
That really is sad.  I had a Husky for a few years when I was growing up and they are such beautiful dogs.  They are very friendly, playful, and have tons of energy.  To know that it's just tied up to a tree is a sin.   Those dogs need lots of exercise - which is one of the reasons I don't have any dogs now.  They are a big responsibilty and far too many people just neglect the animals when they realize this.  I sold my Husky to a family that lived on a farm.   It was sad to let him go, but at least I knew he'd be happier in the country.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And then leave them tied up barking in the backyard all the time?

Actually...that is HOW I get my dogs.

Last one was a nice 80lbs black mutt.

Served 8

SGatr15
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a sign of control of something in life, I see all kinds of shitbags with dogs and other pets that they have no bussiness owning, If they don't pay thier own bills why should they have pets, On the other side the same bums have kids too...... I could start to rant..... some more... Nevermind
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Find one of your friends that would love to have that dog, then cut him loose and give him to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top