Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 7:16:53 AM EDT
erased
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Just another stupid bunch of idiots with severe mental problems trying to pass their problems on to society. Tell them to get off the woe is me, Satan controls mentality, quit with all the , Life is burying me and I can't go on, shoot anyone who gets in my way, suicide is the only answer  Bull Shit. I give them 2 thumbs down.

Now Shut The Hell Up and Quit Ruining The Life of My Kids.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
"GodDamn' first Amendment right to tell my president he's sucking ass at his job"  Thats as far as I got.I dont have to listen to the songs I already know I dont like them
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#3]
 Do you guys remember when HEAVY METAL was about cool shit like Magic and History, War and Science Fiction and Fantasy????  Now it's all this complaint rock shit.  Total bummer.  Still there's some real Metal out there, you just have to look.  Iced Earth, Helloween and a few others.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
By the way

Helloweeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!!!!  

oh,  and MAIDENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The lyrics Sukc / guitar is ok

It says on the website that he beileves in the right to "BARE" arms.....does this mean he likes to go sleeveless or He likes naked Guns?

A yankee wearing the confederate flag?..this confuses me
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
HERTZ, if your buddies want to "differentiate" themselves, tell them to get out of complaint rock and go back to the ROOTS of Metal. There's always room for Old School Metal. Metal heads should not be whiners and criers, if the can break from that mold they may not go far....but at least they'll get some honest respect!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#7]
dude that was teh ghey, tell your friends they'd be better off and more sucessful washing cars.  And thanks for taking 5 minutes of my life that I can't get back....
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just another stupid bunch of idiots with severe mental problems trying to pass their problems on to society. Tell them to get off the woe is me, Satan controls mentality, quit with all the , Life is burying me and I can't go on, shoot anyone who gets in my way, suicide is the only answer  Bull Shit. I give them 2 thumbs down.

Now Shut The Hell Up and Quit Ruining The Life of My Kids.

Couldn't have said it better myself... Fooking dirtbags
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Find new friends...FAST!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Lemme tell ya, if you can get respect amongst this crew.....YOU HAVE EARNED IT!

and that's the only kind of respect to have.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing original, not very good. Tell them to go listen to some MANOWAR!!!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Bands that have influenced me, include: PANTERA, SLAYER, PRIEST, CHAINS, SABBATH, AND HELMET.

Bands i'm into:
CHILDREN OF  BODOM, CHIMAIRA, DROWNING POOL, SHADOWS FALL, KILLSWITCH, and MACHINE HEAD.

I love metal, but,   anyone who has been unfluenced by Slayer  or children of bodom, has got serious issues, im my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nothing original, not very good. Tell them to go listen to some MANOWAR!!!  

YYEEEEEEAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#14]
its ok,,  id run  it thru the cd once or twice while drunk,, thenagain,, the  wife hates it when i go blastin pantera or some vintage megadeth and anthrax!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't like 'em, I like that type of music too
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Bands that have influenced me, include: PANTERA, SLAYER, PRIEST, CHAINS, SABBATH, AND HELMET.

Bands i'm into:
CHILDREN OF  BODOM, CHIMAIRA, DROWNING POOL, SHADOWS FALL, KILLSWITCH, and MACHINE HEAD.

I love metal, but,   anyone who has been unfluenced by Slayer  or children of bodom, has got serious issues, im my opinion.

cool! i went to school with Rob from Machine Head, if i spent as much time with my AXE as i did getting laid,...i'd have a great band too
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
its ok,,  id run  it thru the cd once or twice while drunk,, thenagain,, the  wife hates it when i go blastin pantera or some vintage megadeth and anthrax and Iron Maiden

Mrs gorilla just rolls her eyes when she comes home and I'm half wasted banging my head. [;D
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"GodDamn' first Amendment right to tell my president he's sucking ass at his job"  Thats as far as I got.I dont have to listen to the songs I already know I dont like them

Ther's alot of bands that you probably listen too that don't like what the president is doing. Along with half the country. Geez bro you should see it everyday your in Cali.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]
More "left of center" liberal scum. Peddle this over on DU.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Fantastic!  That's just what the floundering music industry needs!  Another tattooed, depressed, alcoholic fucktard with a nail in his lip and a rag around his head standing in a puddle of 100 proof testosterone flailing away on a guitar and telling the world about his "pain" and espousing the joys of seppuku.

Desperate to be "unique" and "independent" he adopts every worn out, hackneyed, overused stereotype, cliché and pastiche imaginable as he feverishly flags down the "teen angst" bandwagon, hoping fervently to jump right on.

LOOOOONG the suffering "artiste" (even though he's only been shaving for a few years), he is trapped in an uncaring WORLD GONE WRONG where no one "understands" him and "bad tragedy" and "unfair stuff" abound, particularly because everyone isn't painted green, as he is.

Having never had his head chopped off by Moslem fanatics and, significantly, having never graduated from college with either history, political science, or philosophy degrees, our soulful, anguished "artiste" (i.e., "poseur") expounds upon weighty issues of the day, enlightening us with his vast social and geopolitical knowledge.  This knowledge, gained through a strange, magical osmosis that involves fondling his new Seymour Duncan humbuckers and smoking narcotics, is easily profound enough to strike awe into the hearts of suicidal 14 year old hormone cases in basements across the nation.  With poetic lyrics such as, "Desperate I'm choking on my apathy" or "I'm desperately choking on a gun barrel" (or something like that) Harley, who is named after a motor scooter,  takes us with him down his bitter, unhappy, tattooed road of Hollywood failure and despair, all the while wondering why people who have painted themselves purple and put ten penny nails in their lips are so "alone".

Indeed, our "soulful", tormented boy is as "unique" as any of a million other drunken, brainwashed shitbags who were raised by MTV instead of parents.

If he thinks he's "tormented" now, wait until he's 40, bald, and working at McDonalds.  He'll be "choking" on something then, but it won't be "apathy", it will be what little pride he has left (if he hasn't REALLY offed his useless ass by then).

Oh, and I enjoy heavy metal music, by the way.  That is, when it is MUSIC.  Tell the immature, suicidal copycat to grow the fuck up and learn a few Wes Montgomery licks to compliment his lame-ass style.  Jazz oriented open chord voicings may not be "suicidal" enough, but learning them adds depth to one's style and improves left-hand dexterity.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Ohh that sucked
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Ditto what Echo said.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds kind of like a Heavy Metal "Spinal Tap".he kind of looks like one of them to.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
YOUR MISSION: Go to his website and listen to his 3 songs on there. PLEASE!

Write me back in this forum and give me your honest critique.

I take no pleasure in telling you that I thought it was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#26]
yea, that was pretty fricking bad. I hate the new type of singing some metal artist have started to use in recent years. They need to look to the 70's and 80's for inspiration.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to thank all of you for "taking one for the team" and saving me from listening to more crap. . .

[Anxiously awaiting the Judas Priest/Queensryche Tour this summer]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#28]
 Though I no longer go to concerts ( too many damned idiots at shows anymore ) I would do just about anything to see Helloween live again.

Couple years ago, now,  a buddy and I saw them live in PHX....ohhhh man.  Imagine 10 white guys and a shitload of Navajo and Hopis ( well, a hundered and forty ) rocking out to Helloween. No one loves their Metal more than American Indians!  In Europe you wouldn't get within' 50 yards of Helloween on a bad day.  We were right at the stage!!!

At first, except for the very cool lead singer, everyone in the band looked kinda bummed cuz' there was hardly anyone there.....but after about three songs they realized how "into" it we were and then they tore the place apart.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT was Heavy Metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Well
Thanks to those who gave me some actual constructive things to say. I appreciate it.

To those who decided to personnally attack him. I hope you feel better. He's just a guy who likes what he does. I did not ask for your personnal theory about who he is or what he thinks. I've known this guy most of my life and is a really nice guy. SO FUCK YOU. I guess since you have nothing better going on in your life but to sit at your computer and rag about how fucked up everybody else is. (Probably jerkin your pole under your desk cause you haven't seen pussy since you last fondled your 3 year old sister in the back of the wood shed.). Lick my sack fucktard. I just wanted some constructional advice. But you have to go off on one of your immature rants.

Thanks for being supportive of a fellow american. You are a true patriot. Fuck stick.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Well
Thanks to those who gave me some actual constructive things to say. I appreciate it.

To those who decided to personnally attack him. I hope you feel better. He's just a guy who likes what he does. I did not ask for your personnal theory about who he is or what he thinks. I've known this guy most of my life and is a really nice guy. SO FUCK YOU. I guess since you have nothing better going on in your life but to sit at your computer and rag about how fucked up everybody else is. (Probably jerkin your pole under your desk cause you haven't seen pussy since you last fondled your 3 year old sister in the back of the wood shed.). Lick my sack fucktard. I just wanted some constructional advice. But you have to go off on one of your immature rants.

Thanks for being supportive of a fellow american. You are a true patriot. Fuck stick.

Try not to take it too seriously.  Around here, though, if you ask for an opinion.....get ready, your gonna get it.  I've been put to the torch here and so have many others.....the point being made didn't JUST concern your friend...it's the state of music in general.  Your friend IS trying to get into music and that's a devil of an act to get into.  What most of us are sick of is the "complaint rock" or "emo" act that EVERYONE is getting in on.  Your friend would actually do good to take this stuff with not only a grain of salt...but actually look at the state of the industry.  There's a LOT he could learn....there are directions he could go that would be more creative and a hell of a lot more fullfilling.  Besides, being in the music biz....he's gonna hear a lot worse from time to time.  Even GREAT bands get harsh crowds.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well

Dude,
 If you want to be coddled you should have asked your mom.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
YOUR MISSION: Go to his website and listen to his 3 songs on there. PLEASE!

Write me back in this forum and give me your honest critique.

I don't get it.  He wanted and honest critique and he got it....and now his donuthertz???  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top