Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2001 9:16:33 PM EDT
I love it how my mom was saying "You need to get out there and hit the pavement" what the fuck does that mean?

And "You need to just accept you can't get another job in computers and you need to get your nice clothes on and start puttin them applications at McDonalds. I heard from Lucy they have an opening at a t-shirt factory, they want someone working the press, I can call her and get the address."

Stupid bitch.

I worked at Dept. of Fish and Game as a computer tech for two years, after that I got a job at IBM, fucking IBM!! That was not enough to impress her, make her proud. When I bought a new Chevy Blazer she thumbed her nose. Yet I should care when her okie boyfriend buys a non running Falcon and says "its bad huh?" and I say "yeah.. my Blazer runs and has A/C" and she gets pissed at me.

No matter what I do in my life I can never get the.. respect of my mother. I didn't have a job before today, so to my mother I was complete shit, scum. She didn't treat me like a real person let alone her son. To her tiny little mind you are a person if you have a job, without a job you are scum. Even for a week not having a job she left messages on my answering machine about how much of a piece of shit I am. Maybe it's because I'm 23 and make more than she does.

I haven't told her yet I got a job at Intel now. I'll let her leave a few more messages of what a chunk of shit I am and how I should apply at Taco Bell or mow lawns.

No wonder I call girls [b]Mommy[/b] during sex...
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn Frank,

You sure seem to have a hard-ass for a mom.  A dad I could almost expect being an ultra hard-ass.  I feel for ya'.  

Thank you for reminding me that I should call my mother tomorrow and thank her for being a hell of a lot more supportive than some other maternal units I have heard about.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
A sure way to be miserable is to live your life to please your parents.

My beef against my dad is that 1. he's always discouraging and disdainful of anything I want to do, 2. Would promise to support me at a private college, then withdrew his support, saying he didn't have the money. 3.  He didn't have the money, because he was giving it to another family so they could pay a mortgage on a luxury summer home in Puget Sound and send their son to a private local high school (which cost more per year than what I asked him to help me out with).  Now he's sending this kid to the college I WANTED TO ATTEND, BUT WOULDN'T HELP ME WITH!!! [-!-]

So I'm kind of bitter.

Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
your mom might be a shit talker, but it aint cool to call her a stupid bitch

just avoid her, you got nothing to prove to her, so dont let her get to you, your already better than her so dont go down to her level
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Frank, just one question:

Why is this person still part of your life?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Duffy,

Yeah... I try not to let it bother me, but she is my mother. She does help me with a lot of things, but then the mental abuse sets in. She is on some sort of a power trip because my dad did nothing but beat her and cheat on her, he controled her whole life, then she says I am just like my father and gets on a power trip and treats me like shit.

I have not spoken to my father since they divorced, that was 7 years ago and my so called father lives in the same town as me.

I remember fighting with my mom and breaking down and telling her my feelings. She basicly said "awww poor baby" and mocked me.

heh... oh well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Gee, I guess I'm not alone. [:)]

One of the last memories I have of my father, aside from him being shriveled up on a respirator, dying this past January, is him asking me "What's that shit on your face?" refering to the new goatee. What a grumpy bastard he could be at times. He didn't approve of much that I did in life.

I really hate it when I hear him, in me, when I'm dealing with my kid. Makes me shudder.

Still, I loved the old F**k, and I miss him. When he wasn't breaking my balls, he was all right. The last couple of years he had really softened up a bit. I think the "shit" comment was chemo induced, to be honest.

Damn! Listen to me! I sound like a nineties guy. Shit! I better go kick a cat or something. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
My friend is going through this stuff with his wife.  He is a decent man, a good father, and does everything around the house.  But for his wife he is not decent enough, good enough, or does enough. Ugh.  

Having gone through this myself the advice I gave him is to throw everything back in her face.  Tell her how it makes you feel.  Tell her if they keep making you feel that way you will not engage in any further contact with her. (Difficult for my friend cause kids) Give her feedback on her behavior and the consequences of it.  

Most of the time people act like jerks simply because we let them.  A little feedback can be a real eye opener to them.  Best outcome is that they learn and grow. Worst is that you don't put up with their shit anymore.  Win win.

Good luck Frank, I feel for ya man.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shit! I better go kick a cat or something. [:)]
View Quote

Kick the cat ? LOL!!![:D][:D]
Go see Cats & Dogs. F**king Hillarious!!!!
But seriously Frank, sometimes ya just gota say"WTF" and let it go.(very hard)don't let it eat you up bro. Life's to F**king short!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Growing up to quote my dad I was a panty waste.  He was super jock when he went to school, and actually dropped out because after transferring to a different school they wouldn't let him play sports.  I was a bean pole as a teen.  I loved sports and played every night after school, football and basketball, but just in the neighborhood.  When ever I tried out for the high school team, I would get cut for not being big enough and good enough or just set the bench.  When I graduated I was around 5'6" and weight 130 lbs.  

A couple of years later after being in the service for awhile I came home on leave. I was then 6' and weighed 180 lbs.  At a bachelor party my friends squared my dad and I up against each other to arm wrestle each other.  Years of not being anything but a POS in his eyes came to light as I drove his hand to the table time after time.  And the burden of not being anything was lifted off my shoulders because we both knew that now if this panty waste wanted to he could mop the floor with the now former super jock.

Now I wonder if I have turned into my dad.  This past weekend my daughter said to me nothing I do is good enough for you.  This stems from the fact that upon seeing a grade card she showed me a few months back all A's and B's we got into a discussion about two of the B's which were 80.  I told her that when I went to school 80 was a C.  As we argued about it this weekend I tried to tell her I wasn't not satisfied with her grades I was just stating a fact.  She countered with I wasn't happy that she had brought the grades up from C's and D's.  I countered with well how the hell could I be happy when that was the only grade card I had seen all year, even though I have asked repeatedly to see one.  

She is so much like her mother that if she wasn't my daughter I would have absolutely no respect for her just as I have none for her mother.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:25:33 AM EDT
[#12]
you say your mother dose alot for you.well as long as you are depending on her (for anything)she has the right to tell you pretty much anything she wants to.
be your own man.let her go.move forward.sounds to me your only in you low 20s and have had several jobs?hum?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I guess so. She helps me out here and there, but fucking come on... does the mental abuse really have to go with it?

Isn't she the one thats supposed to be the grown up?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
your mom might be a shit talker, but it aint cool to call her a stupid bitch

View Quote

He's right.  After all, she is your mother, even if she says things that bother you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top