Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 3:37:03 AM EDT
Okay people, someone help me understand this.

What differentiates the Mark 4 from the Vari X III in Leupolds line of scopes?

It's not just the Mil Dot reticle, because you can purchase either with that option. Is there a difference in the quality of the lenses? If both use the same diameter tube, there shouldn't be any difference in brightness, I'm stumped.

I checked out the Leupold site www.leupold.com/products/tactical_products/tactical_products.htm but still couldn't find the answer.

The floor is open.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Okay people, someone help me understand this.

What differentiates the Mark 4 from the Vari X III in Leupolds line of scopes?

It's not just the Mil Dot reticle, because you can purchase either with that option. Is there a difference in the quality of the lenses? If both use the same diameter tube, there shouldn't be any difference in brightness, I'm stumped.

I checked out the Leupold site www.leupold.com/products/tactical_products/tactical_products.htm but still couldn't find the answer.

The floor is open.

I think the turrets may be different, and some of them have the focus on the front rather than the left hand side. Other than that I couldnt tell ya
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your input Jbra.

I've been checking out some other forums to get info, and there seems to be some mysticism surrounding the Mark 4 lineup from Leupold. I guess L. recently incorporated variables into the M4 line whereas before they were fixed focal length lenses.

Seems this has swayed the devout because the consensus is that Leupy is cashing in on the notoriety of the Mark 4 name and whoring it out by slapping variables into the "Tactical" product line to increase sales.

Supposedly the M4s have thicker tube material to withstand the rigorous conditions that professionals may endure, and higher grade lenses. I've got a 51850 M3 and I honestly don't see how they could improve on the quality of the glass, it's damn clear and plenty bright for being a 40mm.

Anyone else know if my info is correct?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top