Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 2:27:46 AM EDT

www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=24&art_id=qw1116596341498B265

Man kept dead wife in his bed for a year

May 20 2005 at 04:46PM

Frankfurt - A man told police he slept in the same bed with the body of his wife for a year after she died - because he "did not want to part with her", even after her death.

Frankfurt police on Friday said the man said his wife had sent him out on a shopping errand last May and that he returned to find her dead.

Saying he was helpless without her to tell him what to do, he placed her body on the bed and never thought to mention her passing to anyone else.

A chance enquiry by an acquaintance resulted in notification of police.

"I wanted to be with her until I keel over myself," the 67-year-old man told investigators after the discovery of the 57-year-old woman's remains under a blanket in bed.

An autopsy showed death by natural causes.

The man was placed in a shelter for homeless men pending further investigation.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats why he didnt tell anyone.  He wanted a place to stay.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:12:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....................
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Now this guy must have put preservative in the pie!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]

I wonder why? Besides the smell, whats wrong with where he was?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Odd story.........poor ol' guy!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike and Bob had just finished the the first nine and it was obvious that Mike was having a bad day. "Gee Mike, you're just not your old self today, what's the matter?" asked Bob. Mike, looking pretty glum, said, "I think Mable's dead." "That's terrible," said Bob, "you think your wife is dead. Aren't you sure?" "Well," responded Mike, "the sex is the same, but the dishes are piling up."
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:07:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Now that just stinks.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#8]
There was enough left for an autopsy after a year?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mike and Bob had just finished the the first nine and it was obvious that Mike was having a bad day. "Gee Mike, you're just not your old self today, what's the matter?" asked Bob. Mike, looking pretty glum, said, "I think Mable's dead." "That's terrible," said Bob, "you think your wife is dead. Aren't you sure?" "Well," responded Mike, "the sex is the same, but the dishes are piling up."

Booooo.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:15:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:19:42 AM EDT
[#11]
On the plus side, he didn't have to worry about hogging the covers
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A normal person doesn't DO that; he probably had some mental issues . I can't say that he was incapable of caring for himself because he made it through the last year alone , but I am willing to bet that the place was trashed , bug-infestedand uninhabitable, thinking back to the sorts of people who would do that sort of thinbg and not even blink an eye at it that I have dealt with.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:22:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....................

+ 1000!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:25:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm trying to get over the fact that he was sleeping next to a dead person for a year.  Nevermind that it was his wife...a dead person!  Um HELLO?? Decay? Rigor?  THE SMELL?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]

"Hi Honey, I'm home!   Ready for some luvin?"

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm trying to get over the fact that he was sleeping next to a dead person for a year.  Nevermind that it was his wife...a dead person!  Um HELLO?? Decay? Rigor?  THE SMELL?!?!?

The rigor goes away in a few hours. Probably the smells relating to the decay were covered by the relative stink of the rest of the apartment. You people have no idea the conditions that some people live in on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a weird ole' world we live in, ain't it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:42:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Jane and Sally had just finished a game of bridge and it was obvious that Jane was having a bad day. "Gee Jane, you're just not your old self today, what's the matter?" asked Sally. Jane, looking pretty glum, said, "I think Dick's's dead." "That's terrible," said Sally, "you think your husband is dead. Aren't you sure?" "Well," responded Jane, "the sex is the same, but the lawn needs mowing!"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top