Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 2:06:41 AM EDT

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/05/20/national/a132119D01.DTL

Boy Gets Trapped Inside Vending Machine

Friday, May 20, 2005

(05-20) 20:00 PDT Elkhart, Ind. (AP) --

A 3-year-old boy upset that his mother wouldn't let him use a crane vending machine to try to win a small stuffed animal took matters in his own hands. He climbed up the chute to get the prize himself.

Danielle Manges said she took her eyes off her son, James, for a moment to pick up a juice bottle he threw. When she looked up, he was in with the plush toys.

"I bent over to clean it and within two seconds he had climbed through the hole, into the chute and pushed the door shut so we couldn't get him out," she said. "He climbed up in the toys and was in there for a good hour."

Manges said James has been sick and sleeping odd hours so they went shopping about 3 a.m. Thursday at a Wal-Mart in the city some 15 miles east of South Bend. She let the boy play on some of the rides, but wouldn't give him money for the vending machine.

At first, Manges thought it was funny.

"He was playing with all the toys and hanging from the bar like a monkey," she said.

Manges said people leaving the store went back inside to buy disposable cameras to take photos of her son. She bought one herself.

She became upset, however, when Wal-Mart employees said they did not have a key to let James out. So Manges called the fire department for help.

"I expected his hand to be caught in the machine but it was his entire body in the machine," firefighter Anthony Coleman said. "He was swinging from a bar, jumping around. He was having a ball."

About 40 people watched as the firefighters removed the back of the machine and freed him.

James still came up empty handed.

"He definitely didn't get a toy after that," Manges said.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a brat.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
But at least he had a good time.

Lets all hope he got a good spanking.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Manges said James has been sick and sleeping odd hours so they went shopping about 3 a.m. Thursday at a Wal-Mart in the city some 15 miles east of South Bend. She let the boy play on some of the rides, but wouldn't give him money for the vending machine.

yeah that kid looks sick alright, damn white trash
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
But at least he had a good time.

Lets all hope he got a good spanking.

I would think that a kid that fucks up like that (throws a temper tantrum and tosses a drink for mom to clean up) is not properly punished already.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Sorry but it is
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
He must've been in there for a while, he's changed into his PJ's.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Last time we saw this story; about a year ago,
it involved a five year old boy who was at the
store with his dad. Hmmm.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to inform all you dupe monsters, this is a true story.  I live about 30 miles from where this happend.  It also seems everyone I work with saw this story on the local news.  We cut up all day long that the Fire Dept. was not needed, only a roll of quarters.  

If I was this tykes parent everybody involved would have gotten a chance to tan some toddler ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top