Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 7:17:56 PM EDT
I'm really glad they made him Party Chairman.  He's a riot.

WASHINGTON - Democratic Party chairman

Howard Dean, who famously refused to prejudge

Osama bin Laden's guilt, is standing by his judgment that House Majority Leader Tom DeLay may deserve jail time for allegations of corruption.
"Tom DeLay is corrupt. No question about it," Dean said Friday. "This is a guy who shouldn't be in Congress and maybe ought to be serving in jail."

The House ethics committee is investigating whether DeLay violated congressional rules by taking foreign trips paid for by lobbyists. The Texas Republican has not been charged with a crime, but Dean said he would not apologize for saying earlier this month that DeLay "ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail sentence."

Asked whether he was rushing to judgment, the former Vermont governor said with a laugh, "I got in trouble because I wouldn't convict Osama bin Laden. Maybe I've learned something."

As a Democratic presidential candidate in December 2003, Dean refused to say whether bin Laden should be tried in the United States and put to death for terrorism. "I still have this old-fashioned notion that even with people like Osama, who is very likely to be found guilty, we should do our best not to, in positions of executive power, not to prejudge jury trials," Dean said in 2003.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
He's learned that the country really thinks of him as a fuck-wad?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yee-hah!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! The democratic party is SUNK!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
HAS HOWARD DEAN LEARNED TO STOP SHOUTING???  WHAT ELSE HAS HOWARD DEAN LEANRED???  DOES HOWARD DEAN STILL REFER TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON???  AREHOWARD DEAN AND BOB DOLE THE SAME GUY????  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
damned...

The pic turned into a big red X.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I

Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! The democratic party is SUNK!

I’ll believe that when Feinstein, Kennedy, Hilary, et al, are defeated in their next election bids.

Until then I’m going to be wary of anything coming from the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The Democrats dont like him either.  He cannot raise money, which is what his job truly is.  Good at making inflammatory remarks, but that dont pay the bills.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]

I've learned to flip off his house
when I drive by it.

I've yet to see him in town, but
I've seen his wife in the Shaws.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]

As a Democratic presidential candidate in December 2003, Dean refused to say whether bin Laden should be tried in the United States and put to death for terrorism. "I still have this old-fashioned notion that even with people like Osama, who is very likely to be found guilty, we should do our best not to, in positions of executive power, not to prejudge jury trials," Dean said in 2003.

He IS right, I mean we have a right to a fair trial here maybe some of you people would have it other wise?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Howard Dean sucks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Classic counter-culture...

binladen is bad,  so dean thinks he is good.

DeLay is good,  so dean thinks he is bad.

It's the democrat way.

Dumb as a box of rocks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#12]
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#13]
What a stupid, dickless fuck is Dean.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:19:51 AM EDT
[#14]
What a piece of shit...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#15]
What the fuck were they thinking? We should all take bets on when the party collapses.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

He IS right, I mean we have a right to a fair trial here maybe some of you people would have it other wise?

By some,  you must mean Dean.

"The House ethics committee is investigating whether DeLay violated congressional rules by taking foreign trips paid for by lobbyists. The Texas Republican has not been charged with a crime, but Dean said he would not apologize for saying earlier this month that DeLay "ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail sentence."

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet you it was a right wing conspiracy to put dean in as DNC chairman. </DU>
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"The House ethics committee is investigating whether DeLay violated congressional rules by taking foreign trips paid for by lobbyists. The Texas Republican has not been charged with a crime, but Dean said he would not apologize for saying earlier this month that DeLay "ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail sentence."

PWNED!

The question is: is anyone in the media
going to nail him on that obvious piece
of hypocrisy.

He's on MTP today - will Russert mention
it? Stay tuned...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top