Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 2:06:09 PM EDT
I mean this has all gotten way the fuck out of hand and chances are going to get many of our people killed.

Why aren't heads at news weeks rolling? Why are we not seeing people being arrested and so forth.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The .gov's hands are tied. You start throwing the execs in jail over this and people will be screaming "free speech."

Punishments must come from within the company, not the bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You first.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The .gov's hands are tied. You start throwing the execs in jail over this and people will be screaming "free speech."

I recall a couple getting the chair during WWII, I guess they could have called out free speech as well, but when your freedom of speech is used as propaganda for the enemy it is not longer free speech but treason.

It was wreckless and Newsweek should be paying in blood.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I mean this has all gotten way the fuck out of hand and chances are going to get many of our people killed.

Why aren't heads at news weeks rolling? Why are we not seeing people being arrested and so forth.

Uh...yeah...what exactly would they be arrested for? Just because until somebody could pass a law to make what they did illegal?

If the white house would do anything, it would be to banish newsweak from the whitehouse.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I want blood.

Somebody has to be fired. Someone has to travel over there and apologize!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I recall a couple getting the chair during WWII, I guess they could have called out free speech as well, but when your freedom of speech is used as propaganda for the enemy it is not longer free speech but treason.

It was wreckless and Newsweek should be paying in blood.

Things were different back then. Whether or not you supported the war, you didn't aid the enemy. Now, people scream free speech, even when they're committing treason.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You first.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I want blood.

Which one, blood or firing?

I don't want anything other than for the free market to put newsweak out of business.

Government should stay out of it, other than to make nw reporters persona non gratis at the white house.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
A free press  means even for liars.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
They'll start screaming 1st amendment.  Members of the press were pissed the White House had the temerity to criticize Newsweek for filing a false report.  If they filed a lawsuit, god knows what would happen.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]
First Ammendment.

Did you go to school?

And it's perfectly OK for them to make fucking liars out of themselves as they have been doing for years.

I sugguest you listen to more talk radio. It will educate you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

For what? What Law have they broken.
They've shat all over Ethics and Patriotism, but they haven't done anything actionable.

What should be done is throw the Newsweak mofos out of the Govt press rooms / planes / junkets. Persona Non Grata.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Let them utterly discredit themselves.

CBS & the NYT used to be respected (or at least believable) news sources.

Now they are pathetic jokes.

Newsweek, by not firing the reporters & editors involved, added themselves to that list.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
First Ammendment.

Did you go to school?

And it's perfectly OK for them to make fucking liars out of themselves as they have been doing for years.

I sugguest you listen to more talk radio. It will educate you.

So I guess if my rants get some one killed I can not be held responsible for them? So I can yell to people I am going to kill them in walmart etc right? I mean it's free speech. I am not in fact going to kill them I just felt like saying it.

Or so lets say I go knowingly spread lies about a company and cause them $1,000,000's in business they have no legal right to sue me for this, I mean I have free speech

I have a free ticket to say what ever the fuck I feel like with out a care in the world because I am legally not responsible for what I say or write. I call
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought it wasn't free speech under certain environements and reasons. I.E. You couldn't shout fire in a theater and claim free speech, especially if your words are to encite others with possible grave consequences. As Newsweek is basically shouting "fire" in an a theater with the purpose of inciting others and actually caused harm to people, doesn't it border on criminal behavior?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Only hope for something to happen is for one of the family members of someone who died as a result to sue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I thought it wasn't free speech under certain environements and reasons. I.E. You couldn't shout fire in a theater and claim free speech, especially if your words are to encite others with possible grave consequences. As Newsweek is basically shouting "fire" in an a theater with the purpose of inciting others and actually caused harm to people, doesn't it border on criminal behavior?

+1!!! my fucking point exactly.

Free speach isn't meant for what they did.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Why hasnt our government done shit to DoD contractors that steal millions/billions of dollars?

Why hasnt our government done shit to FEMA for the mismanagement of disaster relief in Florida?

Why hasnt our government done shit to Mexico?

Why hasnt our government done shit to the Red Cross for failure to disburse donations explicitly marked for 9/11 victims to 9/11 victims, but instead hoarding it?

Because civic responsibility doesnt come from the government.  That's why.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#19]

The sad thing is that Newsweek was
one of the less leftist mags out there
(their reporters at least).

Isakoff, while not a Republican, does
not strike me as a liberal shill like
most of his colleagues.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I went to Newsweek and drew down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The sad thing is that Newsweek was
one of the less leftist mags out there
(their reporters at least).

Isakoff, while not a Republican, does
not strike me as a liberal shill like
most of his colleagues.

Read "Newsweek Dissembled, Muslims Dismembered" by Ann Coulter.  You may just see things differently.

Click
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#22]
when  a president goes on national TV and  lies to the American people that are getting thousands of soldiers and marines killed, and maimed, and nothing is done to him.......what makes you believe that newspapers and magazines should be responible for what they write?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
when  a president goes on national TV and  lies to the American people that are getting thousands of soldiers and marines killed, and maimed, and nothing is done to him.......what makes you believe that newspapers and magazines should be responible for what they write?

etc etc etc
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

When did he lie?

WMDs?

Puhleeeze.  Don't even go there.  It flies in the face of all rational assessments of the available intelligence of the day.

Don't make me go find the quotes of President Clinton where he concluded that Saddam still had WMDs.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why hasnt our government done shit to DoD contractors that steal millions/billions of dollars?

Why hasnt our government done shit to FEMA for the mismanagement of disaster relief in Florida?

Why hasnt our government done shit to Mexico?

Why hasnt our government done shit to the Red Cross for failure to disburse donations explicitly marked for 9/11 victims to 9/11 victims, but instead hoarding it?

why hasn't our government closed the fucking borders?

Because civic responsibility doesnt come from the government.  That's why.

you missed one, I fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#26]
You want to know how seriously Newsweak is really taking it?  ONE guy offered his resignation and the magazine turned it down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

\\Why do you want the government to do something? You people that cry for the government to do something don't realize what you are saying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I want blood.

Apologize for what - telling the truth?  There's no proof they intended to cause riots by revealing the truth about religious discrimination.  What happened was and is against UN rules of engagement which the US is a party to.  The Red Cross has repeatedly reported the fdesecration acts before NewsWeek ever decided to speak up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I think theo government has it's hands full right now stifling other freedoms... like our second amendment freedoms... not to mention our freedom to have money without having to give up 30% to Uncle Sam so he can give it back to the people who can't contribute to the "greater good". Fuck the government.

Let the courts put them out of business when the familes of the soldiers who were killed in those riots start sueing the ass out of Newsweak.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Violating the Geneva convention..........shouldn't that apply to the press also??

Afterall, they are the ones responsible for putting the images into the public spectrum that allows the defamation of POWs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Why hasn't our government said it is ridiculous to kill over a book being placed in a toilet?  Why hasn’t our government said that only animals behave like that?  If they flushed that is a different story, but as I understand it the Koran was only placed in the toilet not completely flushed.  I don’t think our government should do anything to Newsweek, but they should make it clear that killing someone over something so trivial is SUBHUMAN BEHAVIOR.  What I find shocking is that many of these Mohammedans actually have a concept of what a toilet is.  I thought they didn’t have much in the way of indoor plumbing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#32]
What can they do?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Shaddup, Child-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top