Posted: 5/20/2005 12:35:33 PM EDT
This is what my tracking number says:

Scheduled Delivery: May 20, 2005

Shipped to: xxxxx, MO, US
Shipped or Billed on: May 18, 2005

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 5.00 Lbs

Information and services provided to My UPS users.

Package Progress:

Date/
Time

Activity

May 19, 2005
1:35 P.M.

EARTH CITY, MO, US

DESTINATION SCAN
12:04 P.M.

EARTH CITY, MO, US

ARRIVAL SCAN
4:36 A.M.

LEXINGTON, KY, US

DEPARTURE SCAN
May 18, 2005
5:51 P.M.

LEXINGTON, KY, US

---

It isn't here yet and it usually is by now. Should I call and ask about it?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait till tomorrow...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
They'll likely give you some BS about "even though it's scheduled for delivery that day, the UPS transit times allow for as much as 2 or 3 additional days for delivery" and you'll have to wait.

You wouldn't BELIEVE the shit I've heard in my lifetime from UPS.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wait till tomorrow...

Saturday?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive had ups deliver as late a 7pm, so the route may just be taking longer than normal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ive had ups deliver as late a 7pm, so the route may just be taking longer than normal.

I heard once of them delivering at 9pm at X-Mas time. I think I will call and see if they are coming because it is going to rain and I don't want it out there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My UPS deliveries sometimes come later in the day - 7:00 PM or so.  This is common on Fridays.

They prioritize getting packages to businesses during normal work hours (9 - 5) so if you are in a residence, they usually leave your delivery for after those are delivered.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If it says out for delivery when you click on "details", then you should be good to go.
..and yes, they can take all day to get there.

You may want to look around your house though, or even the neighbors house. At my old address, the UPS guy ALWAYS delivered my shit to every house around me! HE WOULDN'T DELIVER IT TO ME! He would always put MY PACKAGES on my neighbors porch/behind heir bushes, you name it.

One time, he put it INSIDE the vacant house accross the street! WTF!!!

...on a side note, they only knock on my door about 50% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My UPS deliveries sometimes come later in the day - 7:00 PM or so.  This is common on Fridays.

+1

I live in St. Louis and my UPS packages go through the Earth City hub as well - and my UPS guy sometimes doesn't come by the house until 7:00 PM or so.  Other times, he drops stuff off early afternoon.

.... that said, it certainly wouldn't HURT to call them, and have them verify in thier system if it actually is on a truck and out for delivery, or still sitting in the Earth City warehouse.  At least that way you'd know if it'll come sometime today, or if it'll be until Monday.  (assuming they'll be able to tell from their system)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The first thing that I see is that it doesn't say that it is on the truck for delievery...

Looks like you might get bumped till monday :(
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
7 PM is the official ending time for residential deliveries.

There IS NOT a guaranteed delivery time for ground residential packages.

Looks like Monday.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
My goodies arrived last night at about 7:30, but I've had the UPS guy knock as late as 9:00PM.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]
If the driver has a heavy load today, or perhaps your guy is out sick and newbie is doing your route today...then he'll likely just be late.

They only delivery Saturday if you have a Next Day Air package shipped Friday for a Saturday delivery.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I checked the tracking info on some stuff coming from ADCO and it said it was in IL, but I got it today in CO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I live in St. Louis and my UPS packages go through the Earth City hub as well - and my UPS guy sometimes doesn't come by the house until 7:00 PM or so.  Other times, he drops stuff off early afternoon.

.... that said, it certainly wouldn't HURT to call them, and have them verify in thier system if it actually is on a truck and out for delivery, or still sitting in the Earth City warehouse.  At least that way you'd know if it'll come sometime today, or if it'll be until Monday.  (assuming they'll be able to tell from their system)

Mine also come early afternoon. I am on their phone system now.

I finally gave up and pressed 0 even though it is not a choice. I am listening to the elevator music now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The first thing that I see is that it doesn't say that it is on the truck for delievery...

Looks like you might get bumped till monday :(

+1  

I've never gotten a package which did not include "out for delivery" in the tracking record.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I finally gave up and pressed 0 even though it is not a choice. I am listening to the elevator music now.

I deal with UPS on a day to day basis.  I never, ever play the digit game.  Always hit zero.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I got it and the Canon Digital Rebel XT is sweet!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well I got it and the Canon Digital Rebel XT is sweet!!!

w00t !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top